Megadrive Emulator READ 1st POST

Guest retro

Guest Stomski

Just in case anyone's wondering, my file requestor dialog is on it's way. I have a few things left to sort out, and then it'll be available for integrating into PicoDrive.

In the meantime, let's all laugh at Plog...

Garage: BUT... you ARE the proud owner of a fully working £50 grand CAR !! :D

Last time I checked, buying petrol is legal.

It's more comparable to walking into a shop that sells bongs and asking them where the nearest dealer is. Are you going to tell me that IF that discussion was recorded and available for the police to easily access at their discretion the shop keeper would tell you? Bollox they would.

Please grow up.

Guest midnight

I only said we wont link to it if that site hosted or linked to rom sites (because thats illegal), i think thats perfectly fair dont you?

People go to ebay for Arcade roms??????? ever wondered why 99% of rom sites have been closed down??????? BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL

You openly promote piracy by fully admitting to buying one of these CD's?

A huge thankyou from me and the other developers for your support its much appreciated, we are so happy people like you dont buy our games/utils.

Oh, hold on, thats starting a rant again. ENOUGH ALREADY

Guest maxh2003

plog

I can see where you're coming from, but this isn't a fight you can win - it just isn't. We're playing on someone else's land and they can kick us off if they want to. So what Paul and his appointed representatives say, goes - whether you like it or not.

If you would care to set up a forum for discussing PicoDrive - and other - ROMs, then I'll be happy to link to it. MoDaCo is happy to let me link to my own site, therefore there would be no problem at all with people finding the site. They have to drop by my site in order to get the emulator, whereupon they would see the link, so there's no danger of people not being able to find it.

Max

Linking to rom sites isnt illegal, hosting them is, linking to them is advocating piracy in the same way that developing an emulator gives people the need to seek out said roms. So thanks for my point. Overkill.

"Yopenly promote piracy by fully admitting to buying one of these CD's?"

- no, i simply wanted a concise collection of freeware along with instructions in an easy format to access, these forums are huge and searches turn up loads of junk along with (somewhere inside) the info i want, it saved trawling through - instant setup really ... decert, bunch a ringtones and themes.... i dont condone the pirate stuff on those cd's any more than you condone the seach for illegal roms by allowing the creation and development of the need.

Plus it saved me days of searching and downloading.

"A huge thankyou from me and the other developers for your support its much appreciated, we are so happy people like you dont buy our games/utils. "

- Ive BOUGHT games for this phone... ok, they arent expensive, and not worth getting in trouble for. But things like that 1st person shooty i cant name or describe because of your rules, thats in beta elsewhere on this forum.... i was able to just fire up without having to read a mamoth thread to get the latest build and decypher all the needed info from the many replies. As for the development thanks - well, im in development myself see, so i expected a little more leeway when it came to talking about games... nda's copyrights and trademarks - but ive been slapped down at every turn just for speaking my mind, airing an opinion ... now, why do you think i went for the cd - could i expect help here ? no, i dont think so.... but plenty of concise guides on the cd.

I dont advocate piracy, pirate warez that came on the cd, came on the cd because the writer put them there, now you hang me out to dry with a pirate tag before you even know i copied the legal stuff onto the hard drive and ditched the rest, it could be bugged, tampered with or do damage to my new phone. Instant collection... and nothing all of us have done at some time.

Taping off tv or radio, thats piracy.... but we all do it..... instead of buying the series on video or dvd... back in the amiga days, clubs would just sit and run X-Copy all night long with that familiar sound of BOIOIOING! every 2 minutes. My take on this is that i paid the guy the write me off a cd and send it, i take off the legit stuff i need and junk the illegal crap - so tar and feather me! Theres little chance you will even believe me given that

a) its easier to believe scandal than actually understand some people are honest

and

:D the fact that ive been resolute in asking and determining the boundaries of conversation regarding illegal items on this board.

O, hold on, thats starting a rant again. ENOUGH ALREADY *sigh* im not the one with a forum full of trademark infringing themes with the flimsy back up of "ill remove it if asked"... am i .... im certain mr car-boot-seller uses the same excuse, except the cops dont buy into it, hes just arrested; or the rom sites that will "remove them if asked" again are dealt with through legal proceedings. Im not stupid, so dont infer that i am, ok. Im following your rules and youre still giving me s*** - you said it yourself, if people source outside of modaco, thats fine, nothing to do with us. So, like, can you stick to that before sticking the hot iron in my eyes again ?

Ill support developers in any way i can, just as id expect support back.

Thanks so much.

plog

I can see where you're coming from, but this isn't a fight you can win - it just isn't.  We're playing on someone else's land and they can kick us off if they want to.  So what Paul and his appointed representatives say, goes - whether you like it or not.

If you would care to set up a forum for discussing PicoDrive - and other - ROMs, then I'll be happy to link to it.  MoDaCo is happy to let me link to my own site, therefore there would be no problem at all with people finding the site.  They have to drop by my site in order to get the emulator, whereupon they would see the link, so there's no danger of people not being able to find it.

Max

Thanks Max, youre absolutely right, but i do feel lik im being beeten with a shitty stick over simply asking for enough freedom to use game names in posts re:development rather than illegal purpose - well, ive stated i wont be doing that. and am actively helping modaco enforce their rules by pointing out any infringing items directly to midnight over PM - im playing their game by their rules. Itll be interesting to see if they play by their rules too.

Needles to say i wont be displaying any links until were ready to promote the emulator, though thanks for your comments - finally a level headed person who gives thought to his post content.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Topic locked, I think it's run it's course.

Final thought...

- Rules regarding software (apps, games, ROMs etc.) piracy (and in fact rules in general) are in place primarily to protect the forum

- Piracy goes on, there's no denying it, and i'm not interested in whether people think it's right or wrong, we're a Smartphone community with Smartphone developers, consumers and companies online - and I'm going to make sure this is a great place for all of those groups of people to be

- I'm very busy with a day job and background stuff on MoDaCo, my moderators are my representatives, and I have chosen them because I value them. As my nominated representatives, their actions on the forum are representative of the views of all of the MoDaCo staff, and as a team we will support each other.

- Regarding the 'trademark infringing themes', it's an old argument that's been done to death, and it's clear that software piracy and homescreens / ringtones are not one and the same, it's as simple as that.

Finally, the most important rule on MoDaCo is 'Respect your fellow forum members'.

Be happy :D

[hippy]Make love not war.[/hippy]

:D

P