spvDuke3d [v0.4c]...with Sound/Music now!

Guest roozbeh

Hmm. I need help with the rar trick for the .grp file. I have done everything the way it should be done and yet it keeps saying "Duke3d.grp could not be found". What's wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikeeey
ed2k://|file|Duke3d.for.WinXP.rar|52617446|218E0C43E6A9223C77393C8F1A351A57|/

;) :D :(

Includes the following .GRPs:

1 - Duke Nukem 3d "Atomic Edition" - The original game

2 - Duke Nukem 3d "Caribbean - Life`s a Beach"

3 - Duke Nukem 3d "Nuclear Winter"

4 - Duke Nukem 3d "Duke it out in D.C."

5 - Duke Nukem 3d "Penthouse Paradise"

6 - Duke Nukem 3d "The Gate" - a total conversation

7 - Duke Nukem 3d "Duke!Zone" - a total conversation

8 - Duke Nukem 3d "Duke Xtreme" - a total conversation

ive tried duke nukem lifes a beach but i dont think it will work. it patches the exe and grp file on the computer, and if u try to tell it to patch the exe for mobile it wont work.

that would be fun to have the addons work tho

Edited by mikeeey

Guest jeiku

Heya,

Has anyone been able to get this running on a Cingular 8125 or Blackjack? I'm looking to buy a smartphone really soon and playing Duke is a must-have!! I'm a long time fan. ;)

Guest mikeeey
Excellent app! I finally got all the keys ported to a satisfying degree on my Dash.

How are people enabling cheats?

enable them on your computer and then drag the save to ur phone lol.

spv3d.com is dead, is there a way to get last version of spvDuke3d (version 0.4f or version 0.4g) ?

Right now I have version 0.4c who works fine on my Qtek 9000 (HTC Universal) but no way for musics to play normally (instead a get an awfull noise)

I got version 0.4e. This version crashes as I enter the game.

Thanks

WFX

Edited by WFX

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Jessy

I've been playing with settings for three days now and the furthest I've gotten is half a screen and this is with the earlier versions, the newest port attached will not load the game... After reading all the posts on this subject I am convinced this port of Duke will not run on a Motorola Q... Is there something I can do...? Doom runs flawlessly...

Ps: Thanks for all the wonderful ports roozbeh, The more time I spend in this forum the more I realize I made a poor decision when getting a Moto Q...

• 1 month later...
Guest theButcher2

doesn't work on my dash... i go into the file explorer, open the executable and nothing happens, it just returns to the file explorer, please help

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Moto Q. I installed the vanilla Duke 3d and I get a black screen with sound. Tried setting GAPI to zero and chancing screen size to a lower number (like 100x100). Nothing seems to work.

hey roozbeh i like spvDuke3d so much. i found playable NAM game using your spvDuke3d.exe on some russiam forum so i wonder if its possible to run Blood using it? maybe rewritting the code?

Guest mikeeey
hey roozbeh i like spvDuke3d so much. i found playable NAM game using your spvDuke3d.exe on some russiam forum so i wonder if its possible to run Blood using it? maybe rewritting the code?

id also like to play Blood on my phone, unfortunatly Roozbeh hasnt been on in a long time. the last time he was on was on april fools day.

so you got NAM to work? what about WWII GI? where did you find the demo for the game? or is there even one?

where'd you find NAM (could you send me the link?)

and btw. did anyone figure out the keymappings on (normal) pocketpcs (so calendar, notes, messaging, record and home/contacts)?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest caraboy

Did someone manage to make this game work in landscape mode? I have a htc s710 and I edited the cfg file, set landscape to 1. But when I launch the game with qwerty opened and screen in landscape I see only corrupt graphics. ;) Too bad..

does anyone know how to set this game to work on spv e650 running wm6 ?

after clicking spvDuke3d.exe the screen flashes black once, and returns back to the folder

Guest mikeeey

so im trying to get duke3D v0.4f to work on my kaiser, but im running into a problem where it's at the grey screen, loads everything, and then just quits after that. has anyone ran into this problem? or, could someone that has the 8525 upload their working cfg file and il see if that fixes it?

thanks

Guest mikeeey

so i got NAM running using the .exe, but not the game running, i can only get so far as to being in the menu, then when i start the first level it doesnt seem to ever load. the names of the levels and difficulties are still the names of the Duke3D levels.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest caraboy

Ok I managed to make it work on HTC s710 or Orange spv650 in landscape mode.

I attached the config I modified. The catch is to set it to landscape mode 1. You then launch the game and when you see the menu, then you can slide the keyboard and play. Remember, launch the game without the keyboard opened! In the middle of the game you can slide the keyboard and the graphics is not corrupted anymore. I remapped the keys to work after you slide it. I am usign spvduke version 0.4f (this is the version I have in my config).

DUKE3D.zip

• 5 weeks later...
Ok I managed to make it work on HTC s710 or Orange spv650 in landscape mode.

I attached the config I modified. The catch is to set it to landscape mode 1. You then launch the game and when you see the menu, then you can slide the keyboard and play. Remember, launch the game without the keyboard opened! In the middle of the game you can slide the keyboard and the graphics is not corrupted anymore. I remapped the keys to work after you slide it. I am usign spvduke version 0.4f (this is the version I have in my config).

Thank you very much, I hope that the keyconfiguration meets my needs :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest uwriki

I have a T-Mobile Dash and spvDuke v0.4g works pretty good on it, thanks! I have two questions though,

1. Is there any way to use cheats, such as "dnkroz" (God Mode) or "dnstuff" (All Items)? Playing Duke3D on my phone is WAY harder than playing on the PC, I'm having trouble just getting past the first few levels! Is there any way to map cheats to a button?

2. Is it normal that I'm not getting any music? All other sounds work fine, but I'm just not getting music (The music volume is turned all the way up).

Guest mikeeey
I have a T-Mobile Dash and spvDuke v0.4g works pretty good on it, thanks! I have two questions though,

1. Is there any way to use cheats, such as "dnkroz" (God Mode) or "dnstuff" (All Items)? Playing Duke3D on my phone is WAY harder than playing on the PC, I'm having trouble just getting past the first few levels! Is there any way to map cheats to a button?

2. Is it normal that I'm not getting any music? All other sounds work fine, but I'm just not getting music (The music volume is turned all the way up).

your not getting any music most likely cuz either

1. you have not put the timidy files on your storage card

or

2. you are not using version 0.4g, your using an older version which is in the first post. youl have to find 0.4g posted later in the thread if that's the case.

Guest uwriki
your not getting any music most likely cuz either

1. you have not put the timidy files on your storage card

or

2. you are not using version 0.4g, your using an older version which is in the first post. youl have to find 0.4g posted later in the thread if that's the case.

Timidy files? Where can I get those? I checked through all of this topic and on spv3d.com, but I couldn't find them. Where can I download them? And I am using version 0.4g

Guest mikeeey
Timidy files? Where can I get those? I checked through all of this topic and on spv3d.com, but I couldn't find them. Where can I download them? And I am using version 0.4g

lol then u didnt do a very well job checking. its on the first post, under the installation section. it explaians where to get it and how to install it.

Guest uwriki
lol then u didnt do a very well job checking. its on the first post, under the installation section. it explaians where to get it and how to install it.

Well that figures, I checked everywhere (Even did a forum/google search) except the first post. I expected someone else to post the patch after the initial first post. Thanks, music seems to work fine now, except it's taking forever just to load the first level now, so I might have to turn it off (Update: seems to load fine now) :D

So now that's been taken care of, I don't suppose there's a way to enable cheats, is there? I could beat this game on “Damn I’m Good” on the PC, but playing with cell phone controls is pretty tough. Even just the level warp code would be petty nice (dnscotty XX). Is there anyway I can bind codes to single buttons in the .cfg file or something? Thanks :(