Which SD cards for i600?

Guest bill-e

Guest bill-e

Hello,

I'm looking to get either a 256 or 512 m card and dont want a slow Sandisk. WHich brands/speeds of SD cards are you folks using. I see Sandisk has a new high speed card.

Thanks

Bill

Guest tcwatkins

Use the slow Sandisk 512. No problems, knock on wood. Have dropped the phone a couple of times and had the card pop out but it still works fine. The best thing I can recommend is to get a card reader for your computer. So much faster then trying to use Activesync to transfer large files like music.

Guest garyh412

I have 2, 512mb Lexar HS (32x) SD cards (purchased in last 2 mos from Compuadds.com for $121 usd) and 2 older 128mb PNY cards all of which work just fine. I plan on investing in a 1gb card in the near future and my confidence level with Lexar is such (I have about 10 CompactFlash and another 5 JumpDrives all of which have been flawless) that I will likely go with their card when I pull the trigger.

I haven't used the Lexar cards for music or video yet but frankly for apps and other file data I don't notice a difference in the HS designation.

I'll update when I get around to playing with streaming media.

FWIW I found this site when I was looking into SD Cards <http://sdprob.aximsite.com/theproblemlist.htm> SD Card Problem List It lists loads of Sandisk SD cards as problematic so I decided to avoid the "lottery" and just steer clear of their products. Again FWIW...

-GH 8-[