MSN featuring RJHTML

Guest midnight

JampoTT, use their email address

Tim, have you rebooted?

and people, please stop changing this homescreen, it's making my job of making an update MUCH harder as there'll be several versions floating around. Unless you look at your phone every 15 minutes, turning the backlight on to read things isnt gonna make much difference to battery life at all. I'm already working on a much better way of doing language specific, and i tried bold text and thoughht it looked sucky.

1, Its red cos it looks nice, otherwise why use HTML?

2, Not possible

3, cos date looks better in long format and its in HTML so no carrier info

4, I'm using no other custom plugins besides RJHtml as its a showcase for RJHtml

5, As i said, i think it looks better plain not bold

6, Possible, but tricky as RJHtml plugin stays on screen with multiscreen

7, No, this homescreen has been designed to show MS what could be possible with a little thought, other RJHtml homescreens by me will be mostly for Plus members only (eg MoDaCo 3)

Guest RichieRich

Hey Midnight,

This homescreen is absolutely fantastic!!!

I have been downloading and running various homescreens with various different plugins for quite some time (unfortunately I am not as technically minded as some of my fellow modaco users, thus have to rely on you geniuses to keep me happy!!), and I have to say by far this is the best homescreen I've seen.

I eagerly await to see just how far homescreen design will be carried by the use of this plugin, as its initial impressions are bloody good!!! And im not just talking about asthetic appeal, lets see just how functional this type of homescreen can and will make our smartphones!!!!

Well done mate!!! =D>

Richie Rich :D

Guest arman68
1. The red text for the date is difficult to read with backlight off. I suppose it should be very easy to change it to white and I will look into it. Any reason for it to be red?
Got it changed, that was easy. I am going to try a few more things: I'd like to get the date permanentely displayed instead of the page label (ie: Date)

2. It would be great it the appointment section was present on the date screen as well (same location as other screens since there is space). Is that possible?

Done. I now need to revisit the different screens to make them fit within the reduced space,

3. On the date screen (normal display), I would like to change the date display to 1 line only (ie: 29.06.2004) and use the other box for the carrier. Any reason why I could not do it?

I could not get the carrier in the date screen, but instead I have where the MSN logo is.

I still have a few things to do to finish the above. Next I will look at getting the alarm on the homescreen, and skinning the call history.

Thanks for your skin, excellent work and good starting point.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Er, please speak to Midnight before modifying his skin, I'm not sure it was intended as a 'starting point'.... :oops:

P

Guest midnight

IT ISNT A STARTING POINT

PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY THIS SKIN IT IS TO SHOW WHAT CAN BE DONE BY USING THE RJHMTL PLUGIN THAT IS FOR PLUS MEMBERS ONLY

besides that, i'm working on a new version of this homescreen now with improved functonality and customisation, modifying it may cause it to not work as intented, and there is only supposed to be this one version floating around.

Arman68, any modifications you make DO NOT release your version, keep it to yourself.

(that clear enough :D)

Guest arman68
Arman68, any modifications you make DO NOT release your version, keep it to yourself.

That's fine.

Am I allowed to post screenshots and which lines I modified? Who knows, you might find it useful as well.

Guest midnight
So is there any way 4 me to customize the links? Great http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreen Midnight! Posted from my SmartPhone!

No, this is a one-off to show what RJHtml (a Plus only benefit) can do, as i've said several times, DO NOT modify this homescreen, you jeapardise future Plus developments by doing so (thats why its encrypted, we dont want you to modify it)

Guest muzzio_giovanni

Can we have same screenshoot of it and not only the homescreen?

I mean : other shoot of extra screen for example

tanks

Guest mugenakuma

So if I join Modaco plus then I can get the homescreen and choose the html pages I want to view?

I have no idea how to modify this homescreen, nor would I if I could so no need to worry Midnight. :D

Hi,

As I said before, the homescreen is great, and I think its quite disrespectfull to modify and post modifications. Especially when the autor ask not to. If you dont like it as it is, use something else..

I am almost affraid to ask (dont want you to regret you released it to non-plus members) but you wrote that you had been working on the weather page.. how does it work? Can I choose an area somewhere?

Thanks..

TKJ

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest midnight

Yeh, the weather page does work, its just that i havent had time to add lots of locations yet (there are litterally thousands to add). You can get to the customisation of this and the MSN buddy list by opening Pocket Internet Explorer and selecting the MSN Home favourite.

mugenakuma, the Plus version of teh plugin has full instructions on how to add the RJHtml plugin to your own creations, and doesnt have the URL's encrypted in any way.

Guest nickcornaglia

I need to play devil's advocate for a bit so don't freak out. :twisted: Just thinking out loud.

At what point can people learn from this homescreen and make their own to post and share? Some may get the wrong impression from this thread. The PLUS version of the plugin is free for every PLUS member to use as they wish. Midnight hasnt cornered the market on the plugin. After all it was made by RemyJ. He's just asking that you don't rape his NON-PLUS version and post it anywhere as it contains information that was specifically intended for that homescreen.

Traditionally...the best way to learn to make homescreens is to take apart someone else's and reconstruct it. So please...continue to do so.

I agree...don't modify Midnight's Homescreen and post it as your own. But please DO modify it and learn how it works. Learn to make your own from it. Go in a different direction and do different things with it.

Become a Plus Member...get the unencrypted version...then go nuts.

Homescreens are made to share. Let's not take the fun out of that too. There's alot of talent here and elsewhere and I'm really looking forward to different uses of this plugin popping up. (come on DrBlow!). Always remember that this site was made by users helping eachother out, sharing information, and teaching what they know. Let's keep that spirit of comradery (sp?) alive!

Also, I wish someone would make a little HOW TO guide that teaches how to extract data from the web and incorporate it into this plugin. I hope more and more users start to use this plugin and a guide may help speed that along. It would be nice to see what others can do.

So in short....

...Learn from Midnight's early & future work with this plugin.

...Modify it for your own personal edification & enjoyment.

...Do NOT post modified versions of the free homescreen.

...Please DO post new homescreens created with the ModacoPLUS Version.

...Please share what you learn.

That's it. :D

Guest smith2001

firstly, great skin !!

tho i am having trouble midnight, i cannot get that msn home page from the favorites to load. it just says " cannot find the page you asked for"

is the page down or something ?

cheers

Guest midnight

tried it on both the phone and using PC IE, both display the page no problems (of course, normally you wouldnt use IE on the PC to open that page)

Guest smith2001

can u type out the url for me then please ?

so i can check it against what i have. tho i did make a mistake on install.

i installed the skin first then realised i was not supposed to and uninstalled it, then installed the rjhtml plugin, then the homescreen,. would that effect it ?

Guest midnight

the url it installs is definitely correct, and the one you pm'd to me works aswell, if i click on it then it shows the prefs screen. You can install the homescreen first, but it obviously doesnt work correctly cos RJHtml isnt installed, so you can install in any order, but it is best to install the plugin first.

my only thoughts is that you maybe have a firewall that isnt allowing that url for some reason (if you are trying to use the phone through pass-through)

Guest smith2001

well i am on orange uk. and using normal settings to which i've sent to me again. i've no idea why its not working. hell the site isn't even seen on a pc on ntl. so something is def wrong with the uk accessing it i'm hoping. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.