Weight Watchers Points Calculator

Guest removed-2

Guest removed-2

Has anyone developed a weight watchers points calculator for the SPV?

I want to be able to enter the calories, saturated fat and fibre and it work out how many weight watchers points this is.

I know the formula but to enter this in my phone in the super markets is a bit long winded for each item that I check:-

Points Formula:-

p = (c/50) + (f/12) - (min{r,4}/5)

p=points

c=calories

f=fat grams

r=dietary fibre grams

If r is less then 4 then divide by that value, otherwise divide by 4

Would this kind of thing be easy to develop?

How would I start?

What software would I require to create the program?

Or, if anyone is bored and would like to quickly create one then please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Mark

Guest removed-2

I have to agree with you.

Come on developer guys, im sure you can knock something together relatively easy?

Isn't it just 3 text boxes and submit button with the calculations behind?

Please help.... as this would mean so much to me and many other people I hope...

Thanks

Mark

Guest Palindrome

Hope this is what you have in mind. Unfortunately it will only work on Windows Smartphone 2003 as I've programmed it in C#.

I'm not sure about it's accuracy as I don't have any figures to compare the results to. If you're getting wonky calculations let me know and I'll tweak the program.

Also, if someone could explain how to add an icon I'll put one in. :P

To install it you can either copy WW Points Calc.exe straight into StoragewindowsStart Menu or,

Copy the WW Points Calc.exe to your storage card, create a shortcut and then copy the shortcut to your startmenu.

Update: Version 1.01 is available a few posts down the page.

WW Points Calc.exe

Guest beersoft

top app!!

I made a cab installer for it :P

there are so many things that would be cool to add to this

wishlist (in possible order of ease)

a total count for meals

something to work out how many points you have per day

a list of foods so you can select "greasy spoon breakfast" and it know that is 100000000 points or something

later

Owen

WW Point Calculator.CAB

Guest removed-2

Palindrome, this is excellent, thanks very much. As far as accuracy goes I will try it out and let you know if there any tweaks to be made.

Looks good tho..

Thanks again..

Mark

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Not wanting to rain on anybody's parade.

Mdavenport are you sure of your formula :?: my wife goes to Weight Watchers and she has one of those database calculators, and having been mildly interested before I checked the instructions on how to calculate the points.

All the book says is to enter the calories and how many grams of saturated fat then press the button, it does not say anything about fiber in the instructions :?

Guest mcwarre
Not wanting to rain on anybody's parade.

it does not say anything about fiber in the instructions :?

What optical fibre is not calorie free :?: :?:

Guest removed-2

Dr_StrangeTrick,

I searched for this on the internet. It appears under various different locations and has seemed to be pretty acurrate.

I also use the points calc on the internet but needed something more mobile, i.e when shopping.

I believe that WW assume that the fibre is always 4, however the forumla stipulates that it is which ever is least, i.e the product or 4.

I can't find any other variations of this formula so I guess its as close as we are gonna get. I have tested it and it seems to tie up so far. I do however have one questions for Palindrome:-

1. Does the points display a decimal point, e.g I compared WW on the internet and a calulation turn out as 1.5, however the program came out as 2?

Other than that I can't seem to find anything wrong with it at all.

Thanks

Mark

Guest Palindrome

I did intend for the Points to be displayed using a decimal point if necessary but I forgot, whoops.

Never mind, here's the modified edition with decimal points and an icon.

I've made a CAB installer using the inf file beersoft kindly provided.

WWPointsCalc1.01.CAB

Guest fozzie

Many thanks Palindrome. The missus is well happy :P I'm not though - bang goes my excuse that it's all too difficult to work out, especially when I'm away from home! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aokeeffe

This a a program I have on my iPAQ, and have been searching for for my new MPX200. I'm a newbie though, so I have no idea how to install it. I have the 2002 version, will your program work with it? Can anyone help me with installation? :roll:

Thanks!

Alison

Guest aokeeffe

What a bummer...I'm one of the sad people that has the MPX200 with the 2002 Smartphone version, so I won't be able to use the program. :cry: Hopefully someone will be able to write a similar program for the 2002 version. Or maybe I just need to return this phone and get the newer version when it comes out. But I really love this phone...color, style, etc. And I really, really don't want a digital camera on my phone.

Thanks for your replies.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wildwolf
beersoft wrote:  

something to work out how many points you have per day  

Beery,  

Surely you mean pints!!!

No, he must mean points, because surely you don't mean there's a limit on how many pints we can have per day. :)

Guest wildwolf

I just wrote a really simple implementation of this for CE 2002 OS, although I can only test on an emulator. (I don't have the device).

I have only developed it as a "debug" application, and am not even sure how you folks go about "uploading" it to your devices.

I am trying to add the executable as an attachment, however, as a newb to the form, I am not sure if I am following directions on it correctly. :)

This was coded in C#. I hope that somebody who has an actual device can at least try it and tell me if it works on the device.

Disclaimer: I claim no responsibility for usage of this code and/or file, use at your own risk.

*Edit*I've found a few things that indicate that this is in violation of a patent found here., so I've removed the program I wrote.

Guest wildwolf
Unfortunately it will only work on Windows Smartphone 2003 as I've programmed it in C#.

Should that even matter? I wrote it in C# also, but I wrote it for Windows CE 2002, so it should work on that OS, regardless of what the device is.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...