Weight Watchers Points Calculator

Guest removed-2

Guest adamjkimber

Hi All,

I know this is resurrecting a dead thread but I wanted to let you all know that the forumla currently used on here is for the USA Weight Watchers, not the UK one.

The UK formula only uses Saturated Fat and Calories - but is slightly different figures from the US.

I knocked up a quick ASP script on a webpage for my own personal use. The code for this is:

<%

If request.form("Calories") <> "" then

' We have data so work out points

dblPoints = Request.Form("Calories") * 0.014285

dblPoints = dblPoints + (Request.Form("SatFat") * 0.25)

Response.Write ("For an item with " & Request.Form("Calories") & " calories and " & Request.Form("SatFat") & " saturate fat there will be " & dblPoints & " points.

")

%>

Points Calculator

" method="post">

Calories:

Saturated Fat:

<%

Else

' Show the form

%>

Points Calculator

" method="post">

Calories:

Saturated Fat:

<%

End If

%>

Just a quick warning to anyone using this, don't make it publically available. I think that it's fine for personal use but all the weight watchers formulas are covered by a patent and I'd hate for anyone to get sued.

• 2 months later...
Guest gingerann75
I did intend for the Points to be displayed using a decimal point if necessary but I forgot, whoops.

Never mind, here's the modified edition with decimal points and an icon.

I've made a CAB installer using the inf file beersoft kindly provided.

Hey! Thanks for creating the CAB & start menu item. You've made my day!

• 5 months later...
Guest Clint Pugh

Hi All,

I believe there are 2 different formula, one for the US, and another for UK etc.

I also built an app for my WM5 device and used the UK formula because none of the food in Australia has fibre listed on the packets.

My app also allows for KJ to be entered, which then calculates the Calories section (Some of the food here doesnt have Cal listed either).

I'm not sure how WW really works their points out, because my calc using the formula always come up .5 more than theirs...

If anyone wants to have a look I'll dig out the .exe and post it.

Unfortunatley I have lost the VB Project :), but could remake it if needed.

Clint

Dr_StrangeTrick,

I searched for this on the internet. It appears under various different locations and has seemed to be pretty acurrate.

I also use the points calc on the internet but needed something more mobile, i.e when shopping.

I believe that WW assume that the fibre is always 4, however the forumla stipulates that it is which ever is least, i.e the product or 4.

I can't find any other variations of this formula so I guess its as close as we are gonna get. I have tested it and it seems to tie up so far. I do however have one questions for Palindrome:-

1. Does the points display a decimal point, e.g I compared WW on the internet and a calulation turn out as 1.5, however the program came out as 2?

Other than that I can't seem to find anything wrong with it at all.

Thanks

Mark

• 1 year later...
Guest Diavna
top app!!

I made a cab installer for it :huh:

there are so many things that would be cool to add to this

wishlist (in possible order of ease)

a total count for meals

something to work out how many points you have per day

a list of foods so you can select "greasy spoon breakfast" and it know that is 100000000 points or something

later

Owen

OMFG thank you so much. I have been trying to find this app all over the place and could not find it anywhere. This is exactly what I have been looking for.