Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest DrewLight

There seems to be a problem when playing a game in SG, exiting the game, then selecting another game using the "Recently Played" screenshot menu at the bottom of the main SG screen. When I do this, SG exits.

Guest bitbank
There seems to be a problem when playing a game in SG, exiting the game, then selecting another game using the "Recently Played" screenshot menu at the bottom of the main SG screen. When I do this, SG exits.

Please provide more details. Which game system? Which game title? Which options (e.g. auto load)?

Thanks,

L.B.

Guest DrewLight
Please provide more details. Which game system? Which game title? Which options (e.g. auto load)?

Thanks,

L.B.

The issue I'm experiencing seems to be any game, any system, and it's reproducible.

1. Launch any game in SmartGear
  2. Double-tap to pause
  3. Select Exit Game, which takes you back to the main SG screen
  4. Select any game from the recently played games at the bottom of the screen
  5. SmartGear crashes
I'm runnin SmartGear 2.0.15 using an hx2750 running Windows Mobile 5, I'll test on another device as well. Edited by DrewLight

Guest bitbank
The issue I'm experiencing seems to be any game, any system, and it's reproducible.
  1. Launch any game in SmartGear
  2. Double-tap to pause
  3. Select Exit Game, which takes you back to the main SG screen
  4. Select any game from the recently played games at the bottom of the screen
  5. SmartGear crashes

I'm not seeing this issue, so there must be more to it. If I can't recreate it, I can't fix it. What phone are you using? What orientation? What video option? And most importantly, what build number of SG (e.g. 2.0.15)?

Thanks,

L.B.

Guest DrewLight
I'm not seeing this issue, so there must be more to it. If I can't recreate it, I can't fix it. What phone are you using? What orientation? What video option? And most importantly, what build number of SG (e.g. 2.0.15)?

Thanks,

L.B.

I'm using SG 2.0.15 on an hx2750 running WM5, Portrait, and it happens in all video options. It appears that regardless of how I try to launch the second game, SG crashes. I'll test on a WM6.5 device as well.

UPDATE: I've tested on a WM6.1 and WM6.5 device, neither of them exhibit the same problem as the WM5 device. I also tried 2.0.14 on the hx2750, and SG crashes in the same manner. I have another hx2750, but it is currently disassembled. I'll test SG on that as soon as I put it back together.

Edited by DrewLight

Guest serafinpabon

now how can i tell if the htc snap has the widcomm bluetooth stack? i cant seem to find it anywhere. if it doesnt have it does that mean i can use the zeemote with it? otherwise id have to get the bgp 100

Guest bitbank
now how can i tell if the htc snap has the widcomm bluetooth stack? i cant seem to find it anywhere. if it doesnt have it does that mean i can use the zeemote with it? otherwise id have to get the bgp 100

I'm going to add an indicator to the main display of SG to show if it's MS or Widcomm. I believe the Snap is Microsoft BT. I have the T-Mobile Dash 3G which is basically the same unit and it uses the Microsoft BT stack.

L.B.

Guest serafinpabon

sweet! then that means i can use the zeemote! i remember a controller released for the playstation back in the day that looked similar to it and i always thought it was neat. course theres also the wii munchuck controller and i always liked using it so the zeemote would be a better choice as i dont think the snap would fit in the bgp100 when its fully open. or would it?

Guest DrewLight

I've re-assembled my other hx2750 and re-imaged it with a fresh WM5 installation. I've installed no additional applications, all settings are default. I've copied the the 2.0.15 SG Beta to the hx2750, again all default settings. When I launch a game, exit game, and try to launch a game again, I still experience the same issue with SG crashing. So it's happening on both hx2750s with WM5. Does anyone else have a Windows Mobile 5 device to test with? I'll see if I can find a cooked WM6 rom for the hx2750 to test with.

Guest hockeyfan

Hi Larry,

Finally found some time to beta-test with 2.0.15. I'm running WM6.1 on an unlocked GSM Treo Pro. Two notes:

NES - regardless of video/audio settings, I'm hearing a very faint but definitely audible clicking sound during gameplay, regardless of which ROM I'm using. I heard this during earlier versions of SG as well, but it seems to have gotten a bit louder with the latest beta.

Genesis - Might and Magic 2, for example, is very slow, regardless of video settings, throttle, or skip frames settings. I even pumped down the audio to 11Khz, no stereo or 16-bits, and it's still very choppy and slow. I remember when you first fixed the Genesis sound for this ROM a few months ago, it ran GREAT. Is it possible to further optimize Genesis sound on Full-screen mode for your final build?

Thanks!

Guest jonsmodaco

Hi, am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with the save files? I really like that they're now time stamped, but instead of there being five slots per game it looks like there's five slots in total. Testing with Mega Drive ROMS on my Touch Pro 2, saving to slot 1 will give a time stamp that is visible in other games - using slot 1 in a second game will wipe the save slot for the first game when I return to the first game to reload it.

Thanks

Guest ScreamingFalcon
sweet! then that means i can use the zeemote! i remember a controller released for the playstation back in the day that looked similar to it and i always thought it was neat. course theres also the wii munchuck controller and i always liked using it so the zeemote would be a better choice as i dont think the snap would fit in the bgp100 when its fully open. or would it?

The controller for PS1 was the ASCII Grip, I bought one and love it for playing games like Final Fantasy VII and FF Tactics. Other than games like those, it was practically useless, due to the fact it was kinda hand-cramping due to the unusual way the buttons were laid out and they were not condusive to anything more than making menu selections because of it.

As for the Zeemote, the analog stick setup and the better arrangement of buttons makes it better than the Grip.

Guest kane3162
The controller for PS1 was the ASCII Grip, I bought one and love it for playing games like Final Fantasy VII and FF Tactics. Other than games like those, it was practically useless, due to the fact it was kinda hand-cramping due to the unusual way the buttons were laid out and they were not condusive to anything more than making menu selections because of it.

As for the Zeemote, the analog stick setup and the better arrangement of buttons makes it better than the Grip.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=689984

need I say more? (this message brought to you by the huge eBoner I got from being able to use a PS3 remote/controller on my TP2 for FPSCE and soon SmartGear -hopefully)

Edited by kane3162

Guest DrewLight

I've installed WM6.5 on my hx2750s, and SG is working great on both of them. It's showing no signs of Genesis slowdown that was apparent in WM5. I am able to exit games and load games without crashing, so I believe this to be a WM5 issue.

Guest figeloal

I wanted to try this software but the version i could download from the webpage say 1.0.9 while here you say you are already on version 2.x.

I downloaded the cab file i dont download the exe files as i run linux.

Guest michyprima

Any plan of adding GBA emulator?

Sorry if it has already asked...I would love to buy (maybe more than just one copy to support you :() it but it seems to miss this nice feature...

Guest bitbank
after along playing this emulator, it's said "this demo has expired". WHAT SHOULD I DO....???????

:( :( :o :o :D B)

Sorry for the expiration of the old code. I just uploaded a new build with no expiration, however it does have the new security model. For registered users, you will see an 8-digit hex number which you can send me and I'll generate an 8-digit activation code. No more problems with case sensitivity, spaces, etc.

New Features in 2.0.17:

1) New "smooth" option for 200% and 300% image scaling. Similar to "Eagle" upscaling. Currently only works in 0 degree rotation angle.

2) Touchscreen controls - currently only works in 0 degree orientation.

3) A few fixes to the drawing code which probably trapped in some cases before.

http://www.bitbanksoftware.com/sg.zip

L.B.

Edited by bitbank

Guest dablo
Sorry for the expiration of the old code. I just uploaded a new build with no expiration, however it does have the new security model. For registered users, you will see an 8-digit hex number which you can send me and I'll generate an 8-digit activation code. No more problems with case sensitivity, spaces, etc.

New Features in 2.0.17:

1) New "smooth" option for 200% and 300% image scaling. Similar to "Eagle" upscaling. Currently only works in 0 degree rotation angle.

2) Touchscreen controls - currently only works in 0 degree orientation.

3) A few fixes to the drawing code which probably trapped in some cases before.

http://www.bitbanksoftware.com/sg.zip

L.B.

many thanks for the reply and solution.....

i am sorry but the zip file is empty......

Guest figeloal

Is there any chance you change the test limit to 5 min :( I want to test if the battle in phantasy star 4 work, they dont on another popular emulator that is why i want to test that, and 2 minutes inst enough to reach the first battle :(

Guest dablo
for some reason my ftp server is not letting me put the file, so here it is.

wow..... beautiful!!!!!!

this are the machine ID: 2a7e3464

thank you so much

can't hardly wait..... :( :( :o :o :D B) B) :D

Guest Spoutnik

Great job! and thanks for the code :(

I have tested some genesis game like Story of Thor, earthworm jim, flashback, street fighter... and the graphics are impressive... But the sounds isn't perfect, particularly in Flashback.

I'm using an Omnia phone I don't manage to bug the software, the rotation screen is fully supported, no problem with the prog at all

Just 2 things : when we active the "Touchscreen" mode , C button is missing and the double click to go to the menu is very annoying...

That's all

Ps : Sorry for my poor english

Guest bitbank
Great job! and thanks for the code :(

I have tested some genesis game like Story of Thor, earthworm jim, flashback, street fighter... and the graphics are impressive... But the sounds isn't perfect, particularly in Flashback.

I'm using an Omnia phone I don't manage to bug the software, the rotation screen is fully supported, no problem with the prog at all

Just 2 things : when we active the "Touchscreen" mode , C button is missing and the double click to go to the menu is very annoying...

That's all

Ps : Sorry for my poor english

Glad things are working pretty well. I'm aware of the issues you raise and will be working on fixes shortly.

I'm curious to see how everyone likes the "smooth" option for graphics. I've had several requests for this feature, but not everyone will like the way it looks.

L.B.

Guest Skeese

Testing 2.0.17

Touchscreen Controls chopped off in-game with Turbo Grafx, plus troublesome to navigate without a visible D-pad [0 orientation]

Can't test games out like before due to time limitation :(

Sorry L.B, not liking the translucent Touchscreen Controls, miss the D-pad from previous release as it was not interfering with gameplay (used to sit perfectly beneath the game in 0 orientation) and it was more accurate, just needed the bigger circular buttons (for A, B and C) like you have now and possibly a better looking D-pad.

But the Righty, Lefty Layout switch i'm liking :(

Edited by Skeese