Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest nuvkyl20

why are some focused with this emulator when it can only emulate outdated gameboy color and game gear games...attention should be more of the gameboy advance and even ps1... GBA is working almost 100% in symbian phones compared to our wm devices

Guest Zeiram
why are some focused with this emulator when it can only emulate outdated gameboy color and game gear games...attention should be more of the gameboy advance and even ps1... GBA is working almost 100% in symbian phones compared to our wm devices

Sure go ahead, i am looking forward to your release of a fully working GBA emulator for Windows Mobile... ^^

I am not a big fan of commercial emulators usually, but i like and bought this one since it runs very good.

Guest rushmore

This EMU also plays TGX16 perfect and most of NES (better than pocketnester). I bring it up because, the Master System emu appears to have back slid a little.

1) Clicking sound like Genesis games now.

2) Whining sound on games that worked before (Bubble Bobble is example)

3) Graphic glitch (Gamegear)- for some reason, baseball's vanish when they are on the ground (grounders)in all baseball games. Okay, this issue has always been a problem with the emu, but I bring it up now.

As far as GBA, I agree that should be more a focus, since there are tons of good games and the games were designed for handhelds. Perhaps LB is looking at this?

Do not let my bug alerts come across as negative. This EMU still rates an "A" and is worth the $10 for TGX16 alone (For those that do not know the TGX16 games- you are missing out). I used to have a TGX16 and Turbo Express (TGX16 handheld) with a conversion card to play Japan games many years ago. Smartgear rocks! Galaga 88/90 is a religious experience.

Edited by rushmore

Guest Seberus

After reading the last 3 days all the posts in this Thread (had many highlights, didnt even know if it still exists know or not, after I seen in the middle project is stoped XD) I finally arrived here at the end, downloaded the Smartgear PPC and installed it on my XDA Orbit2 and tryed it. Ive seen so far that it works on it, but the Problem i have, my XDA got only one single Button I can use, so I get a bit problems with start and select. Would there be a way, to make out of that System: "Left Side Pause, Right side 3 Fire Buttons" a new system, that would seperate the Pause in two more buttons, so that you can assign 6 keys to the touchscreen, that would enable me to use select, start, pause, a and b at the GBC Emulator for now.

So far, what I seen was rly good, I gone try alot of more games in the future and Im looking forward to the improvements, that this Emulator recieved already in the past. I guess I gone get me a license too if the next tests go as well, and I would hope that the next generation consoles like GBA or other things would find there Way to Emulators of yours later too.

So far, I gone post more frequently later, great job.

Seberus

Guest Mr_KrzYch00

There is a lag every 3 seconds of running gameboy/gameboy color on my Fujitsu Siemens LOOX N560. Is this because i have unregisterred version or just a bug? (when frame throtling is turned off i get 177 fps with same lag every 3 sec)

------

Mr_KrzYch00

Guest Seberus

Well, I tried already some games, I recognize thou at most games that the Sound is not really nice, so I rather turned it off at all games. It mostly makes either small breakes or just has a bad Quality. Games seem to be very stable and full speed, excapt that the normal Save Function of some Games doesn´t work, but the rest was fully okay so far, thou for things like SNES I just miss Buttons on my XDA Orbit 2 to really try anything there. If there could be something done about that, it would be great.

Guest rushmore
Well, I tried already some games, I recognize thou at most games that the Sound is not really nice, so I rather turned it off at all games. It mostly makes either small breakes or just has a bad Quality. Games seem to be very stable and full speed, excapt that the normal Save Function of some Games doesn´t work, but the rest was fully okay so far, thou for things like SNES I just miss Buttons on my XDA Orbit 2 to really try anything there. If there could be something done about that, it would be great.

As far as sound on my Dash with Smartgear's newest build:

NES = good sound

GBC = good sound

TG16 = good sound

Gamegear = good sound for some, but also poor sound or no sound (there is a screaching sound) for others.

Master system = poor or no sound (there is a screaching sound)

Genesis = Good sound for a few games, but bad to none for most.

Appears the new build back-slid a little, as far as Sega and Gamegear. NES compatability is way up, though.

Guest duff man

hey i sent my payment through pay pal yesterday and still havent received a registration code or something... how long does it normally take?

Guest bitbank
hey i sent my payment through pay pal yesterday and still havent received a registration code or something... how long does it normally take?

If your name is Markus, I did send a note with your code back to the paypal address. Please send a note to [email protected] and I'll send another.

L.B.

Guest noooooop
I still hope for a reply, if there would be a posibillity to split the touchscreen into 6 diffrent buttons or even 8 for snes games?

Hi Bitbank,

Just wanted to thank you for making such a wonderful user-friendly emulator and wanted to ask you if you have any plans for including Snes in that long list of emulated consoles?

That is all.

:(

Edit: Never mind :D I just read the last part of the web-page. Looking forward to the snes and improved Gen. Keep up the good work.

Edited by noooooop

Guest rushmore
Hi Bitbank,

Just wanted to thank you for making such a wonderful user-friendly emulator and wanted to ask you if you have any plans for including Snes in that long list of emulated consoles?

That is all.

:(

Edit: Never mind :D I just read the last part of the web-page. Looking forward to the snes and improved Gen. Keep up the good work.

Wow, this may be the longest gap for no LB replies. Obviously busy with other things, which is understandable for anyone.

Guest mikeeey
Wow, this may be the longest gap for no LB replies. Obviously busy with other things, which is understandable for anyone.

nah, the longest gap was the year or more when Lary went away for a while lol.

Guest PolloLoco
nah, the longest gap was the year or more when Lary went away for a while lol.

Doh, I hope that's not the case here. :D I've basically been checking this forum daily just to see the SNES update as soon as it arrives.

Guest trippenz
me too, hope we get a SNES update soon, even an update explaining how its turning out.

Actually it may be a little while befoe we get an update since snes takes longer to code and he did mention to me that he will NOT release an update til he has a major update will lots of bug fixes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rushmore

Hello L.B.,

Just to clarify, are you aware that most Sega and GG games also have the sound problems that Genesis games do? Clicking sound and distortion are common for most. I though the issue was Genesis only, due to the FM chip, but it seems to be common for all Sega platforms. Some work, but the majority have significant sound problems.

I still take the positive that TG16, GBC and Nintendo work very good.

Guest Hitman0769

I cannot get GBoy or GBABoy to work on my SP :D i have a Sig617 aka BlackJackII. I got the 2getfile DLL all set... not quite sure what i'm doing wrong.

Guest Curious D

Thanks for your feedback.

I briefly looked at Super GameBoy support and it didn't seem to offer much. How many games support it and is it something useful that I should add?

Thanks,

L.B.

Way back in February, I asked a question and just realized that I didn't respond to your response. I don't know other features Super GameBoy had to offer, but for the Game and Watch Gallery (1st one), it made the games in color whereas without it, the games are in black in white. Further, the games have a frame that makes it look like the original Game and Watch games. I actually remember when those games came out and for nothing more than sentimentality, would like to see those games in color and maybe with the frames (which would unfortunately make the game screen a little smaller). I don't know how much more effort it would be to implement this feature or if it has any other feature that would make it worth your effort. I know that the GameBoy module for MorphGear has it though the program is a little unstable on my phone.

Guest rushmore

Way back in February, I asked a question and just realized that I didn't respond to your response. I don't know other features Super GameBoy had to offer, but for the Game and Watch Gallery (1st one), it made the games in color whereas without it, the games are in black in white. Further, the games have a frame that makes it look like the original Game and Watch games. I actually remember when those games came out and for nothing more than sentimentality, would like to see those games in color and maybe with the frames (which would unfortunately make the game screen a little smaller). I don't know how much more effort it would be to implement this feature or if it has any other feature that would make it worth your effort. I know that the GameBoy module for MorphGear has it though the program is a little unstable on my phone.

Good point. Morphgear's Gameboy emu played gameboy games with color. An example is the Galaga / Galaxian game on the Gameboy.

Morphgear plays that in color, Metroid or any other game that supports color. It also plays the mono only games in two colors of your choice- like Supergameboy platform does.

Guest asrrin29

I havn't heard from bitbank in sometime. How are things going? I noticed a small error in the newest version, it seems on my i-mate SPL when I use the game boy emulator and I start it up (not running in the background) and load up a ROM the buttons do not work until I quit the ROM and restart it. after that it works until I shut the program down. I don't know if it does this with the other emulators, as I usually only use the gameboy.

Guest rushmore
I havn't heard from bitbank in sometime. How are things going? I noticed a small error in the newest version, it seems on my i-mate SPL when I use the game boy emulator and I start it up (not running in the background) and load up a ROM the buttons do not work until I quit the ROM and restart it. after that it works until I shut the program down. I don't know if it does this with the other emulators, as I usually only use the gameboy.

It has been one month since we heard from L.B., so must be doing other things I suppose. I will be happy if the sound gets fixed in Master System and Game Gear games.

Perhaps he is making sure the next version is a significant improvement?

Guest mskovrinskie

I haven't read through this whole thread, but is it a known issue that sound is very 'clickey' for NES on the HTC Tytn II? Also, GEN audio is just a solid tone for me in the games I have tested.

Guest Richard Ainger

Can you please implement any of these requests in a future release please:

1. File Associations for ROMs

2. Ability to Change the Saved Game Directory

3. Ability to specify to save the saved game files in the same directory as the ROM

4. Only D-PAD mapped SmartGear keys only work

5. When the keys have been remapped and the program is restarted they remapping screen must be opened before those keys work

6. Virtual Pad for the emulators

7. Cheat Devices for some of the emulators (Especially GameBoy)

8. Support or tool to convert the .sav files made by VisualBoy Advance to the SmartGear format and from SmartGear to VisualBoy

9. Better Icon (In this modern world of Windows Mobile 6 and Windows Vista the icons are an important visual element and can turn people off of your product)

The system I use is a HP iPAQ rx1950 running Windows Mobile 5

Great work on the emulator I gave up with the software at v0.35 but decided to retry it and it is fully awesome.