Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest dablo

hi again, bitbank.....

when i played the latest version, i've found some problem in it...

sometimes when i played the game, it got lagging (maybe it's related with my handheld, but i'm not sure because i use samsung c6625 that has 393 mhz) and sometimes when i use buttons and keypad at the same time, keypad doesn't responded.

i hope it will be fix on next release.....

and i'm still working making list for games that compatible with this emulator.......

hope for the best......

Guest Brazilian Gamers Rep.

I had the same problem, Dablo.

When I use two buttons at the same time the phone keybord stops and the only thing to do is restart the phone taking off the battery.

Guest bitbank
Yo LB,

Just FYI: I've updated my Very Old 1.0.4 version to the newest one. I'm sure that I've did everything right but the "About" dialog is saying that I'm on the 1.0.4 Version yet... I've tried everything: update the version, uninstall and re-install the new version and nothing changes... (jus about: I've lost a very very far pokémon crystal save game in the process - by my fault, I know. Backups are there to avoid these cases, but...). Is there anything that I need to change in order to make the system show the new version or was the dialog box tha doesn't have been changed?

One more thing: Anything about GBA emulation?

Sorry about this annoying text... and sorry about the crappy english... I'm trying to don't use translators. :angry:

Thanks a lot again!

If you're seeing 1.0.4 in the about then you're running the old code. The newest beta release is just the EXE, not an installer, so you would need to copy it over the old EXE in order for your launch icon to start the new version (or run it somewhere else from the file manager). I'm going to be working on the latest code and create an installer to simplify things. I'm also surprised to see issues with keyboard controls because I don't believe I changed that code. I'll retest that as well.

L.B.

Guest dablo
I had the same problem, Dablo.

When I use two buttons at the same time the phone keybord stops and the only thing to do is restart the phone taking off the battery.

i'm not having that kinda problem. i don't have to restart the phone and taking off the battery. it's sometimes the keypad not responded but when i repeated to press it, it's responded. that's it...... (it could said less responded)

Just like bitbank said, maybe you have to use the latest program. it's version 2018. you can find that in this thread.

Guest hockeyfan

I believe Windows Mobile does not support the use of two keys being pressed at the same time. This would explain why sometimes the buttons don't seem to respond -- if you press both at the same time, both keypresses are cancelled.

I believe Windows Mobile does not support the use of two keys being pressed at the same time. This would explain why sometimes the buttons don't seem to respond -- if you press both at the same time, both keypresses are cancelled.

I know that. But the problem is that: The keys are not just being cancelled. The emulator keeps working, but ALL the keys stops. Lik LB said, I'll try to update the executable file of my Smartgear and see if It's working. Anyway I'll post the results for everybody here.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Just like I'd said: When I update the version, the problems where fixed. But... now it is saying that I have to register again... It's time to buy this new version... or I should wait a little more to buy the version with Gameshark/genie support? :angry:

Guest dablo
Just like I'd said: When I update the version, the problems where fixed. But... now it is saying that I have to register again... It's time to buy this new version... or I should wait a little more to buy the version with Gameshark/genie support? :angry:

bitbank make new setting about serial number. you can ask bitbank to give you the key. you just give him your machine ID. you can find it on registration screen.

Guest dablo

wow, so that is microsoft homework..... :angry: :D ;)

thanks...... case closed!

wow, so that is microsoft homework..... :angry: :D ;)

thanks...... case closed!

In my country the "Microsoft's homework" is called "Amarrado de Arame", that means something like "tied with wire"....hehehe :D

Guest SomeWhat

I do not think this is right! Using PocketGBA on my Touch Pro supports 2 Keys at the same time very well! But I use the "Raphael Keyboard Controller"! Without it, i cannot map the keyboard buttons. PocketGBA works great, but the screen is up-side-down :D. So I have to play with the keyboard on top and the screen below. Not very ergonomic ;).

Therefore, it would be sooo great, if Smartgear would support GBA (and SNES plz) :angry:! Up-side-down suxx :D.

I do not think this is right! Using PocketGBA on my Touch Pro supports 2 Keys at the same time very well! But I use the "Raphael Keyboard Controller"! Without it, i cannot map the keyboard buttons. PocketGBA works great, but the screen is up-side-down ;). So I have to play with the keyboard on top and the screen below. Not very ergonomic :D.

Therefore, it would be sooo great, if Smartgear would support GBA (and SNES plz) :angry:! Up-side-down suxx :(.

Dont'worry... my PocketGBA works with the screen in portrait mode... and my device works with ladscape mode. Result: I'll buy a new bluetooth keyboard, turn the device 90 degrees and be happy. Today, I'm playing using the phone keyboard re-maped... and yes, it sux. :|

And, about the problem of the 2 keys being pressed at te same time, this is an hardware issue, according to Motorola Web Site. It was solved in the Motorola Q9 and Q11. And in the moment I don't have time ($$$) to buy it. So, I think that it will have to wait for the final solution: My new Q11...

Oh, God, why you don't made me less cute and more rich... :D

PS. For Snes Emulation, use the PocketSnes... it Rocks!

Guest Alexvrb

The latest version has touchscreen controls mostly working. The only problem is the dpad controls appear to be reversed (pressing on the right side moves me left, and vice versa), and up and down don't seem to work, just left and right. But that might be the screen orientation I am using.

Anyway, that's a huge improvement. Before I couldn't get the touchscreen controls to work at all. :angry:

The latest version has touchscreen controls mostly working. The only problem is the dpad controls appear to be reversed (pressing on the right side moves me left, and vice versa), and up and down don't seem to work, just left and right. But that might be the screen orientation I am using.

Anyway, that's a huge improvement. Before I couldn't get the touchscreen controls to work at all. :angry:

Just do like me: Solve all your problems with a bluetooth keyboard/gamepad. :D

Hello Larry, If I pay for the new 2.x.x (for my HTC Advantage and Touch Pro), can I have the 1.1.6 also?

I want to keep my old Mpx220 and MPx300.

Guest bitbank
Hello Larry, If I pay for the new 2.x.x (for my HTC Advantage and Touch Pro), can I have the 1.1.6 also?

I want to keep my old Mpx220 and MPx300.

I've been giving registration codes for both versions, so no worries.

Guest bitbank

About keyboard issues...Windows mobile has no limitation about simultaneous keys. What is happening is that each manufacturer has custom keyboard firmware which can behave badly. Many keys on the Touch Pro 2 can be pressed simultaneously, while others produce unwanted effects. This is something that is device specific and I usually can't get around from the application side.

As far as the touchscreen controls... as stated earlier, they work pretty well in 0 degree orientation, and I need to add full support for rotated views. I will have that done in the near future and that's one of the last features preventing the full 2.0 release.

L.B.

About keyboard issues...Windows mobile has no limitation about simultaneous keys. What is happening is that each manufacturer has custom keyboard firmware which can behave badly. Many keys on the Touch Pro 2 can be pressed simultaneously, while others produce unwanted effects. This is something that is device specific and I usually can't get around from the application side.

As far as the touchscreen controls... as stated earlier, they work pretty well in 0 degree orientation, and I need to add full support for rotated views. I will have that done in the near future and that's one of the last features preventing the full 2.0 release.

L.B.

These are good news! Now be a good boy and say me that you will release a new version with gameshark support... :angry:

Guest hockeyfan
that's one of the last features preventing the full 2.0 release.

Hi Larry,

Have you made any progress with addressing the Genesis ROM slowdown? If you recall, one of your betas from earlier this year (I think it was January or February), the slowdown with the Might and Magic 2 ROM was completely eliminated. However, with subsequent builds, the slowdown seemed to return. You mentioned it was something related to keeping the code more "accurate" sound-wise vs. less accurate but faster. Hopefully, the slowdown can be eliminated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonsmodaco

Hi Larry,

You said to post any problems getting a game to run. I'm trying to run Another World on the Mega Drive on the beta version of Smart Gear - the titles come up but the game goes black. Any chance of fixing this?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hi again bitbank,

i'm still having a problem running this emulator. it has lagging when i play a game specially gameboy, sometimes in NES and i'm not playing much in Sega Genesis so i don't know. i didn't find this kinda problem with previous release. Have you change the engine?

my device is Samsung Valencia C6625, 393Mhz. winmo 6.1.

Maybe you should post what minimum requirement playing this emulator.

i have already upgrade the firmware into latest one but it doesn't solve anything.

Now, i have already upgrade from 6.1 to 6.5.3 cooked rom (Remora). i hope there is improvement there.....

Hope for the Best....

Guest bitbank
hi again bitbank,

i'm still having a problem running this emulator. it has lagging when i play a game specially gameboy, sometimes in NES and i'm not playing much in Sega Genesis so i don't know. i didn't find this kinda problem with previous release. Have you change the engine?

my device is Samsung Valencia C6625, 393Mhz. winmo 6.1.

Maybe you should post what minimum requirement playing this emulator.

i have already upgrade the firmware into latest one but it doesn't solve anything.

Now, i have already upgrade from 6.1 to 6.5.3 cooked rom (Remora). i hope there is improvement there.....

Hope for the Best....

Hi Dablo,

The biggest impediment to SmartGear performance is the video display. Some devices have very slow video memory and this is especially bad when running at a non-0 angle for the display (e.g. with the keyboard open). The emulators within SmartGear are highly optimized and most will run full speed on ARM chips slower than 100Mhz. Try using the latest beta build with the "best perf" option for video.

L.B.

Hi Dablo,

The biggest impediment to SmartGear performance is the video display. Some devices have very slow video memory and this is especially bad when running at a non-0 angle for the display (e.g. with the keyboard open). The emulators within SmartGear are highly optimized and most will run full speed on ARM chips slower than 100Mhz. Try using the latest beta build with the "best perf" option for video.

L.B.

thanks for the reply.......

OK. i get it. its true that video display in my device, specially using wm 6.1 are most common issue. But some forum said that there is some upgrade in cooked WM (6.5.3). i have already try it in high quality video and no problem. i'll try it and i'll tell it as soon as possible because i don't want to lose this emulator. The Best, man.....

hope for the best....