Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Hello, i have a few feature request for smartgear:

- fast forward support (skip n frames)

- fix rewind support (it seems a bit buggy)

- custom GB mono palette support

- option for always show current FPS

Guest banshi

Super Mario Bro seems to run a bit fast on the PC version is this correctable? I tried the f11 throttle feature and it ran really fast throttled up.

Guest bitbank
Super Mario Bro seems to run a bit fast on the PC version is this correctable? I tried the f11 throttle feature and it ran really fast throttled up.

Which version (NES? GBC?)

L.B.

Guest tgwaste
P.S. I am starting to play with Android development. Nothing worth showing yet, but it looks like SmartGear could do well as an Android app.

Havnt checked this forum in sometime but saw this message about Android. Thats good news. There a thread regarding that to watch?

Edited by tgwaste

Guest bitbank

<w.r.t Android>

Yes, I've got SmartGear nearly fully functional on Android. NES support is currently broken (probably because of the GCC compiler), but otherwise it works well. It needs lots of work on the GUI and I need to make use of OpenGL (I'm currently using canvas.drawBitmap()). No webpage setup yet because I'm not sure where the project is going, but I'll release a beta when it's a bit more functional.

<w.r.t. broken website>

Sorry about my website going down. I'm switching domain name registrars and I let the old one expire. It will be back in a few days. In the mean time, the site still exists at its "real" home -> www.hive.speedhost.com

Larry B.

Guest hockeyfan

Hi Larry,

Glad to see you're working on an Android version of SmartGear, but what about the Windows Mobile version? We are still eagerly looking forward to a final of version 2.00 (with the fix for the Genesis audio issue, which we've discussed at length last year). When do you think we can expect 2.00 final?

Thanks!

Guest tgwaste
<w.r.t Android>

Yes, I've got SmartGear nearly fully functional on Android. NES support is currently broken (probably because of the GCC compiler), but otherwise it works well. It needs lots of work on the GUI and I need to make use of OpenGL (I'm currently using canvas.drawBitmap()). No webpage setup yet because I'm not sure where the project is going, but I'll release a beta when it's a bit more functional.

Larry B.

Very nice, hit me up ([email protected]) if you need a beta tester. Im on D2.

Edited by tgwaste

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest hockeyfan

Hi Larry,

Any update on releasing SmartGear version 2.0 final for WM? It's been a few months since we've even had any betas to test.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ScreamingFalcon

Hey Larry!!! Nice to see you back from the dead! I would like to hear about a possible finalized version for smartphone soon as well!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bitbank
Larry,

Any word on the Android Version?

Hi tgwaste,

I have a half-baked version running on Android that mostly works. I haven't touched it in a while because I'm buried under so much other work. I would really like to have time to finish it, but there's a long line of higher priority work sitting in front of it. I don't want to give false hope, so as of today, its chances of seeing the light of day are slim. In the old days I worked for myself and could spend as much time as I liked on "hobby" projects. I now work a full-time job and have basically 0 free time :mellow:.

L.B.

Guest hockeyfan
Hi tgwaste,

I have a half-baked version running on Android that mostly works. I haven't touched it in a while because I'm buried under so much other work. I would really like to have time to finish it, but there's a long line of higher priority work sitting in front of it. I don't want to give false hope, so as of today, its chances of seeing the light of day are slim. In the old days I worked for myself and could spend as much time as I liked on "hobby" projects. I now work a full-time job and have basically 0 free time :mellow:.

L.B.

Hi Larry,

Any chance that we might see the WM version of SmartGear 2.0 Final in the near future?? It seems you are far more closer to finishing that than the Android version...

Thanks!

Guest tgwaste
Hi tgwaste,

L.B.

damn, thats a shame :o

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bitbank
damn, thats a shame :)

All hope is not lost :unsure:

I just picked up an iControlPad and am adding support for it to SmartGear. It's a fun toy and worth supporting, so I will make an effort to clean up this build and release it to the public. No promises as to the date of release, but I've got it running and now need to tweak it a little.

L.B.

Guest tgwaste
All hope is not lost :unsure:

I just picked up an iControlPad and am adding support for it to SmartGear. It's a fun toy and worth supporting, so I will make an effort to clean up this build and release it to the public. No promises as to the date of release, but I've got it running and now need to tweak it a little.

L.B.

Isnt that for iPhone?

Guest bitbank
Isnt that for iPhone?

Not any more. Check out www.icontrolpad.com.

The new hardware uses bluetooth communications and supports SPP (serial) mode as well as HID keyboard, joystick and gamepad mode. It's a bit pricey ($86 shipped for just the controller and no "clamps"), but it has lots of potential because the controls are quite good, and it should just work with any phone with bluetooth. It has less lag than the BGP100, but feels a tiny bit slower than the Zeemote.

L.B.

Guest jonsmodaco

Nifty but pricey, think I'll stick to my PS3 controller and Cobalt Controller - the Touch Pro 2's keyboard makes a brilliant keypad thanks to Smartgear's customisations (as long as I can remember which key you set to which button).

By the way, Elite on the NES won't work properly in the beta, the screen flickers. I realise Smartgear is a low priority these days but any chance of a fix as I'd love to play it on the go. Thanks.

Guest tgwaste

The new hardware uses bluetooth communications and supports SPP (serial) mode as well as HID keyboard, joystick and gamepad mode. It's a bit pricey ($86 shipped for just the controller and no "clamps"), but it has lots of potential because the controls are quite good, and it should just work with any phone with bluetooth. It has less lag than the BGP100, but feels a tiny bit slower than the Zeemote.

L.B.

Wow that looks pretty cool. I still think this would had been the coolest thing ever:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bossgi...ad-for-your-pho

To bad itll never see the light of day. :P

Guest bitbank
Wow that looks pretty cool. I still think this would had been the coolest thing ever:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bossgi...ad-for-your-pho

To bad itll never see the light of day. :P

The game-gripper looks like a good idea as well. It would be equally good if the manufacturer of the Zeemote offered other form factors. It has good bluetooth speed and battery life, but the shape of it hurts my hands :rolleyes:.

L.B.

Guest bitbank

Update - The iControlpad works well on both Microsoft and Widcomm bluetooth stacks. I tested it on an old HP 2210 Pocket PC and it works flawlessly.

As soon as I verify that I didn't break any games, I'll post a beta for everyone to try.

L.B.

Edited by bitbank

Guest tgwaste
Update - The iControlpad works well on both Microsoft and Widcomm bluetooth stacks. I tested it on an old HP 2210 Pocket PC and it works flawlessly.

As soon as I verify that I didn't break any games, I'll post a beta for everyone to try.

L.B.

for android or winmo?

Guest bitbank
for android or winmo?

It will be for WinMo for now. The Android version is still in pretty bad shape. I'm able to reproduce the flicker problem in "Elite". I'll see if I can correct it.

L.B.