ActiveSync Issues Still with SmartPhone 2003

Guest calzon65

Guest calzon65

Running SmartPhone 2003 on i600 and ActiveSync 2.7.1, Windows XP Pro on PC. Many times I just want to place my phone back in the charging/sync cradle to charge the batteries. I don’t want to sync or even wake up ActiveSync which then wants me to launch Outlook, etc.

I’ve looked all over for settings that that would allow me to place the phone back in the cradle without waking up ActiveSync but no luck so far. Not to mention, I’m constantly having to fiddle with pulling the phone in and out of the cradle or flipping open or closed the phone to get ActiveSync to settle down and properly sync when I actually do wan to sync.

I was hoping these issues would have gone away with SmartPhone 2003. Has anyone else experienced these strange ActiveSync occurrences or have any suggestions?

Guest travelfeet

no suggestions, but I have the same problems at home - worse after the 2k3 update. My work PC has been syncing perfectly every time now though was buggy before. Maybe because home is XP pro and work Win2k?

Guest lenraphaelcpa

as a workaround, you could use the mod to activesynch which starts activesynch in guest mode each time. on chris herrera's pocketpc web site, i thought.

Guest larsdennert

I have the same issues. My suggestion is to turn the phone off (although it seems to turn itself on too)

Another thing I did was change the active sync setting to only sync on connect and not continuously while connected. Then leave the folder open and it only syncs once. Often I just give up and plug the charger directly into the phone. I also leave the folder open to sync so that the phone doesn't fall asleep while sync'ing and disconnect. Sync'ing takes a few minutes on my phone due to a database synchronizer.