THIS IS HOW TO HARD RESET THE SPV C500

Guest peanut

Guest traesdad

I have an SMT 5600....will the reset process work with it? I have tried many times following directions to the letter and can't seem to get it to do this....advice.....read entire thread already and can't seem to locate direction...thanks a ton for this thread and the entire group

God save the king

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awarner [MVP]

They should be there and mMode should definately be there.

If a standard application is removed by a hard reset then the app

can be found on the cd that came with the phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest travisb

I need to do a Hard Reset for the first time after CoPilot crashed my phone once too often for it's liking.

Quick question. As most of my apps are installed on the SD card, how does the hard reset affect them, seeing as the card isn't wiped?

Guest Confucious

If you copy your start menu before you do the hard reset it makes life easier - otherwise none of your apps will show and you either have to re-install them all or at least recreate the start menu.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Just had to do this now, phone wouldnt boot up after I installed the xmas homescreen and deleted an old one... lost my contacts by the sounds of it. :evil: :evil: :evil:

... lost my contacts by the sounds of it. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Just re-sync your phone with your PC and your contacts will all be back; the beauty of ActiveSync :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest slamming_sammy1

thanks Peanut!!

works great for me - I have a Audiovox smt5600 and it kept rebooting itself after some java game crashed it and I had to do a Hard Reset and ran across this thread and I figured I just try your instruction, and it worked great.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smt5600user

I interupted ActiveSync 3.8 and my Audiovox SMT5600 froze. The Power button did nothing. Removing and replacing the battery caused the phone to freeze on the "Audiovox" boot-up screen. I followed your instructions and they worked as advertised. Fortunately, I have a backup of all my data, but now I'm worried that this could happen again.

Why does Microsoft suck?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest steve_hocking

Having being buggering around with new home screens I seem to have buggered a bit too far... :oops: So I tried hard-resetting and it wouldn't. :shock: Then I remembered I had the free 16mb mini-sd card Orange are supplying with crap trial software. As soon as I removed this it was all sorted!!! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest smt_5600er

I am sure I am not the first one to have this problem. I was trying to removed a theme that i had installed. the phone said it will remove some files when i reboot the phone. so i did, now its stuk on the audiovox boot screen...!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111~~~~~~````````` HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!>

Guest pierre

Hi, anyone knows how does Sprite act? Does it backup everything really? Because if it's the case, a hard reset should not make a difference if we put everything back like before with Sprite.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...