THIS IS HOW TO HARD RESET THE SPV C500

Guest peanut

Guest motorolampx200

Dit the hard reset and my locked profile (see forum) problem was solved and the sim unlock stayed on the phone. Storage card was NOT formatted. So it worked great

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dsmtu
You are meant to start the procedure with the phone turned off, not on, mike :P

So when phone is off, then hold down both soft keys and power on etc...

I had to use this procedure yesterday when my Screen went blank, had to pull the battery, then wouldn't get past the orange startup screen, so had to hard reset this way, but all ok now ;)

Phew!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great job pal... Was having a lot of problems lately and my phone was messed up!

Fixed everything now by resetting.. ;)

Thanks a load

Divyang

Guest digifan
Had major problems and needed to hard reset, Orange did not know how so i emailed HTC directly and below is their instructions for reset back to factory settings.

1. Press and hold soft1 and soft2 keys.

2. Press and hold power button for around 1 to 1.5 seconds. Release power button. Keep hold soft1 and soft2 keys.

3. Later, screen shoould show instructions to ask user to press '0' key to reset to factory default.

4. Press '0' within the timeout period, which is only several seconds only.

5. If no instruction is shown on the screen, repeat steps 1 to 4.

The timing is sensitive.

I know i am a GOD, but please do not worship me!!

Regards

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks a lot

Guest reeree

I have an SMT 5600 with Windows 5 (Magneto) flashed on it.

When I received it, it had a bunch of contacts and calendar dates I wanted to wipe out.

Long story short, I performed a hard reset and the thing won't get past the first boot screen thing anymore ;)

HELP!!!

Guest robertevans

tried hard reset on my c500 this way and worked, did not erase the memory card, will clear all info and contact on the phone, but this can also be done by going to accessories in the start menu and click on= 2, clear storage

• 2 weeks later...
Guest viraj

right i tried to resolve my dust issue with orange and all they said is that they'll run a diagnostic and that i had to phone HTC the manufacturers.

they want to charge me 37.50 to fix a phone they made with faults, they gotta be joking.

how can i get either them or orange to sort this out

;)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest elroyv

i'm getting a screen witch 3 colored bars saying typhoon

ipl 1.o

typhoon

spl 1.01.0013

typhoon

this after holding the softkeys, mpushing the power butt.

what to do?

not getting a question... is this normal?

want to reset because i'm not able to get to the sorage card using synch......

this did work but some software fu*** up the fone

Edited by elroyv

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dan5001

Lucky for me I'd read this post whilst I was searching for App Unlocking methods coz in trying to install a SIM Unlock prog before I realised I had to App Unlock, I screwed all sorts of things up.

The switch off, press both softkeys & power on method worked perfectly 1st time :)

Thanks guys

• 3 weeks later...

To Peanut (aka GOD)

Cheers for the wicked tip, u saved me having to pay out 15 quid to the money grabbers (aka orange).

keep up the good work.

may the force be with u!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ianlea

:) thanks it works but the soft keys are the ones either side of the name spv not numbers 1 and 2 also be patient it gets there in the end ...ian

Guest ianlea
Had major problems and needed to hard reset, Orange did not know how so i emailed HTC directly and below is their instructions for reset back to factory settings.

1. Press and hold soft1 and soft2 keys.

2. Press and hold power button for around 1 to 1.5 seconds. Release power button. Keep hold soft1 and soft2 keys.

3. Later, screen shoould show instructions to ask user to press '0' key to reset to factory default.

4. Press '0' within the timeout period, which is only several seconds only.

5. If no instruction is shown on the screen, repeat steps 1 to 4.

The timing is sensitive.

I know i am a GOD, but please do not worship me!!

Regards

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FOR C500

the soft keys are the one's either side of spv logo and be patient....ianlea

the program micro cheng my toolssp locked my phone and I had to use this technique.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest advised pie

MAJOR ISSUE PLEASE HELP EVERYONE!!!

Well after accidentially deleting my ACCESORIES folder, which lost me a whole bunch of program functions like the task manager and file manager I decided to sorce some help, and was advised to to a hard reset. So I followed the instructions but when it prompts me to push the "0" button nothing happens??? I can press it a couple of times or hold it in but nothing! and when I release the soft keys it boots up and nothing has changed. What have I done wrong? :o :??:

MAJOR ISSUE PLEASE HELP EVERYONE!!!

Well after accidentially deleting my ACCESORIES folder, which lost me a whole bunch of program functions like the task manager and file manager I decided to sorce some help, and was advised to to a hard reset. So I followed the instructions but when it prompts me to push the "0" button nothing happens??? I can press it a couple of times or hold it in but nothing! and when I release the soft keys it boots up and nothing has changed. What have I done wrong? :o  :??:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

which card is accessories on . I dont think a reset will have any effect on your mini sd card. what are you trying to do the instruction from peanut are correct I know when i got to the prompt everything was easy but I did have to wait a while for things to happen. are you sure you need to hard reset I know nothing about the accesories folder and I am very new to this but did you try making a new one and reinstalling the missing items

Guest advised pie

well after some help from some guys on a different but similar topic, I have managed to sort it all out.

before I joined this forum I was tinkering around trying to put the short cuts back into the Accesories folder but it only dawned on me that I had set my folder options to not show hidden files or folders. So when ever I went into the windows folder on the handset I was only seeing a quater of the files!.... the important ones I needed were hidden.

I feel a bit stupid for not thinking of it sooner, but alas its back to normal.

thanks for the advice, much appreciated. :o

:o

well after some help from some guys on a different but similar topic, I have managed to sort it all out.

before I joined this forum I was tinkering around trying to put the short cuts back into the Accesories folder but it only dawned on me that I had set my folder options to not show hidden files or folders. So when ever I went into the windows folder on the handset I was only seeing a quater of the files!.... the important ones I needed were hidden.

I feel a bit stupid for not thinking of it sooner, but alas its back to normal.

thanks for the advice, much appreciated. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good glad you have fixed it.. go here for a very good explorer http://www.coolsmartphone.com/index.php?op...owns&Itemid=119

• 3 months later...

Guys I've tried a billion times and the phone just keeps booting up as normal. My music speaker has recently stopped working. I haven't done the ROM update. If I did the update will it reset my phone?

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum :D

The ROM update will achieve the same thing although it is often a good idea to hard reset straight after the process anyway. This is to clear up any 'litter' from the ROM update, I assume.

Make sure your battery is fully charged and your Contacts etc are synced.

Timing is the key to the hard reset but, even after doing it on....oooohhh...2 billion occasions, I still don't always fet it right first time :)

I've done the ROM update. I still can't get the hard reset to work. However, my speaker problem still hasn't been fixed. I assume it's now time to get it repaired under warranty?

Edit (2 minutes later): I finally got the reset to work. However, my music speaker problem is still there. Guess it's time to activate my warranty.

Edited by GR81