TomTom Mobile Review & How2 Guide Now for C500

Guest awarner

Guest Baadsha

thanks for the reply

have just brought ttm from Global Positioning Systems . will let all know how i get on when i get it

thanks for all the help

no doubt will be needing more help

or at least i hope i dont

Guest pete1312
no doubt will be needing more help

I doubt that you will need more help. The program is excellent and self-explanatory.

If you do however struggle with anything, feel free to ask.

Guest biskino

Hi All,

Total noob to smartphones here - decided I needed one when a friend showed me Tom Tom. This forum's been a fantastic source of info but it hasn't answered one question...

On the Tom Tom website they say TT is only compatible with three phones: Nokia 6600, Orange SPV E200 and Qtek 8080. Is there some reason that it won't run on other Nokia smart phones? I can get a Nokia 6260 free from work - can I run Tom Tom on that phone?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :lol:

I do not know about nokias now but is the 6260 running series 60 OS

and does it have bt that can be used to connect it to a gps unit?

It may be better to ask TomTom directly with this one :?

edit mus stop getting distracted with TV when replying :oops:

TTM works fine on All S60's (Nokia) I have ran it fine on 3650, 6600, 7610 and 6260...

Get minimum 256MB MMC card.... (Kingmax or PQI work well with Nokia)

maxmix

Did anyone ever do the full on comparative review, TTM vs ALK vs Orange vs Mapopolis etc etc, can't find one anywhere although there are lots on comments ot that effect.

Guest pete1312
Hi,

Sorry for the basic question. Please can I check that this TomTom Mobile at Ebuyer works on SPV C500 (with patch). The Symbian Series part confused me (I know nothing about my phone)...

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=66206

Yes, it does! I don't personally have a C500, but I accept the word of others on this site who do. Why do you doubt them?

Guest awarner [MVP]

It does work on the C500 without a problem all you need to do is

apply the update posted on page 13 of this thread.

As I have posted here before until TomTom release a miniSD version

for retail, they will not officially say they support the C500 which is understandable. But I can say 100% that it works as I was one of the

testers and use it on my C500 on a daily basis :lol:

Guest awarner [MVP]

Just copy the file structure as it is do not put them in a sub folder etc

then install the update and follow guide on setting up the BT and all will be fine :lol:

Just one question guys. Will TT software work with bluetooth davices that claim to be workiong with TomTom? eg RIKALINE 6030 (I found it on ebay). I have an spv e200

Guest The Wraith

Only the TomTom BT GPS unit is officially supported but after the update it appears that other units can now be used.

As you can only buy TomTom Mobile with a GPS unit it's a bit pointless

buying another GPS unit to go with it.

Guest Reddeer2000

The Rikaline works not with TTmobile !! The Rikaline has no on/off button, so it needs to be powered on by software. And it is not possible to do it with TTmobile.

Best regards

i can asure you that the rikaline 6030 DOES have an on/pff button - mine arrived in the post today and is a beautiful bit of kit...

...haven't actually managed to get it to work with ttm or outdoor navigator (an american outdoor gps software available for beta testing) as of yet...

Guest rikwebb
"]Can't get my Parrot CK3300 to work :lol:

P

It does !!, tried it with a mates......

Rename the CK3300 to TomTom Wireless GPS in the BT settings, then try TT.

TT seems to look for this, then add its mac address into reg. After the first connect you can delete it, re add it as CK3300 and it will still work.

;0)

Rik

Guest lufcfan

We tried to set it up on a C500. All we get is a blue flashing light and a green flashing light - along with a message 'Waiting for a Valid GPS Signal'. Any ideas? We're using the standard TT GPS Unit and we've tried all night - including the tips on the original post - where we don't even get the message. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot...

LUFCfan :lol:

Guest awarner [MVP]

Go back to step one in my post about setting GPS up for the C500.

You need to remove the BT device from the list on the phone.

Start TomTom and wait for about one and a half minutes.

You should then get a message to restart the phone.

Do this and all should be ok.

Guest lufcfan

We get a beep which seems to set up a new connection for the TT GPS Device after about 35 seconds but no message or anything after that - it just sits. We have App version 4.40 (build 2850) and GPS driver v1.20 if that's of any use...

I have a new i-mate SP3i. I had TomTom on my old E200, and I have transferred it over, wit the GPS unit and product code, to the SP3i using the update on page 13.

However, twice now, I have found it completely failed to find the TomTom GPS unit. There was nothing I could do but set the phone back to factory defaults and start it up again (I tried all the obvious stuff of switching off & on again, order or startup etc etc).

Is this just me, or has anyone else experienced this? TomTom don't claim compatibility with the C500 - perhaps they know something? Anyone any ideas what's wrong?