Smartphone DopeWars Is HERE!

Guest CodesRaider

Guest lukeap69
Hi guys,

Glad to know all of you are enjoying it!

However I have a bad news for all of you. The WM2002 version is going to take some time for me to do it. Apparently, I will have to re-write most of the codes here. I may have made a mistake of starting it with WM2003. I may not have time to do this anymore as my work project is starting to get busy now. :lol:  

I am considering not porting it at all!  :)  

But at least for now, I will try to investigate if there is any faster way of doing it. Sorry to dissappoint those with WM2002 phones.

hooohooohooo....

Guest CodesRaider

To all those waiting for WM2002 versions, it is available now! Thanks to muff for suggestions and feedbacks.

Just go to the first message. I had updated it. Enjoy!

Just to clarify that I didn't use .NET but eVC++ 3/4.

drblow,

Any way I can elavated to legend in modaco? :) :lol: Also I'm quite interested to know how do I get my status changed from newbie to like diehard or hardcore. :wink:

you want screenshots - here you have them. like i mentioned before i was playing this in addict mode on my palm v so you don't need to expect hires graphs or any graphs at all - you buy and sell speed, pot, heroin, hashish and so on in the bronx, ghetto, central park, manhattan and so on. the goal is to make profit and not get shot by the cops. you borrow money from the mafia for your first drug investment and like typical you have to pay alot more back. also you risk the chance to get rubbed if you don't put your profit to the bank as often as possible.

any questions left for those who never played?

cheers, lutz

ps: a highscore list would be great - can you integrate automated export?

Guest CodesRaider

Hi Lutzh,

Thanks a million for the screenshots. :)

About the highscore list, what do you mean by that? Can you elaborate? As for the export, what format would you like to have it and for what purpose?

it's highly addictive. i remember wasting really much time on that low end graphics game and now its back. i love you (symbolic) johndoo76!

regarding the export of the highscores: its cool to see how good you are compared to others. so a little dopewars.net homepage with a ranking would be even more lovely.

cheers, lutz

Guest CodesRaider

Hi Lutzh,

That will be very nice indeed! But I don't have the time and money to create and maintain that dopewars.net. Maybe someone can volunteer to do that... :wink:

well not much ressources needed - just an auto-upload of the highscore list (as opt in in the program where you enable/disable the upload to the web).

maybe it is a good idea to ask paul if it would be possible to integrate it into modaco?

cheers, lutz

I have just tried it on my mpx200....I have never tried the game before but when I choose location to start a new game it freezes my phone.....am I doing somthing wrong??

I have tried both Bronx and Qeens but it happens at both locations.

I am having trouble running this.

I'm running a freshly hard reset SPV E200 on the latest Orange ROM and haven't app unlocked the phone (yet).

My problem initally seemed to be that using the select button (pressing the joystick on the E200) to select where to go (Bronx, Central Park, etc) would lock the phone up. I then realised managed to get it to work by using the left softkey to choose goto. Unfortunately though it then locked up when letting me know I had succesfully lost the cops in an alley way. I haven't been able to get it back.

Anyone else having trouble? Is this simply because the phone needs to be unlocked...?

Mine is unlocked and it freezes....is it not compatible with mpx200?? please help....I have been reading about this game for a long time now so I would really like to try it.

Guest afroahmed
ok im havin a problem too because mine doesnt show any of the drugs to buy it just has a big list of blank names and a price of -1

mine also shows this problem . i have mpx200 windows 2002 and unlocked.

Guest CodesRaider

VR6Pete/CoolBox,

Are you using WM2003? I had uploaded the WM2003 version now. Please try that. I suspect the WM2002 version is not fully compatible with WM2003. The WM2002 version runs without any hitch in WM2002 Emulator.

iCoolWay/afroahmed,

Both you are on WM2002? I would like to know more about the problem that you see. I couldn't reproduce your problem using the WM2002 Emulator. You may PM me with details.

this is a great game and ported very well on the smartphone, my current top score is $3231973

it gets abit repetitive but very addictive, wish there was a way to buy a bigger coat instead of just being offered one, maybe a clothes shop in manhatten to visit, new trainers to run faster too?!

some way of jacking / having a firefight with other dealers would spice things up, also i found it quite annoying that you can get mugged in the subway eveen though you have a gun

an option on game length/unlimited would be good too, always seem to run out of time when the money is rolling in

keep up the good work, have had no problems on my E200

Guest CodesRaider

Afy,

What a great wish list! I like the clothes shop in Manhatten idea. I've thought abt the game length but decided against it to keep the high score list simple.

How about making it as multiplayer game where you can jack/firefight with other players? :) Of course, this will involves a lot of work. :lol:

About being mugged when you have a gun, it is a loophole from the original game. How about being able to battle it out with the person trying to mug you?! :lol:

Do we have the people support here?

Guest bendaryl

I am running the WM2002 version of DopeWars on an mpx200 with WM2002 that is application unlocked. I have had it "freeze" (lock-up the phone and require a hard reset) twice when trying to move from one part of the city to another. I was able to buy a gun before the game crashed, though!

I will try a few experiments tomorrow and see if I can reproduce the problem and provide more helpful analysis of what may be wrong.