MOVIE HELP: Can you assist?

Guest siu99spj

Guest siu99spj

Hi to all!

I want some assitsance with creating the new movie guide (See the old sorry one in the FAQ), and not all of its technical. So those of you not as into phones as some of us :wink: might still be able to help.

1) Peeps who are comfortable with their phones. You'll probably need it unlocked and able to use BetaPlayer. If you can't do that, I suggest you go hunting through the forums.

If you can, and are willing to download quite significant amounts of video (Currently nearing 100MB so far), then PM me. I need a wide a selection of phones as possible, some the more exotic the variety into the mix, the better (Like MPx200's running the 2003 OS). To make my life easier I plan on E-Mailing people about the testing, so include the address you want me to use in the PM.

2) I need somewhere universal to host these. At the moment I can't use the forum because some of the files are too big. Again, it will be accessed by myself and all the testers, so you might get a bit of a bandwidth hit. As I mentioned above, its currently 100MB, but that may grow or shrink with time

3) Finally, I'd like somewhere to host the files once all is done. Partially so people can grab any encoded file they want (To see how movies look on their phone), partially so I can store pictures and files for the guide. Space can be negotiated.

So, think you can submit for one of the above? You know what to do...

Guest beersoft

hehehe

its a long and stupid story about a plan to get a c500 via the wifes update that went wrong :S

basicly i have access to a c500 if i have done the washing up ^_^

later

Owen

Guest martin

PM sent from another C500 user ^_^

I've just managed to convert the quicktime .mov trailers to play on Betaplayer and I have so far got Spongebob squarepants, Garfield and Hellboy on my SD card :D/ Hmmm I now need to find some good websites to get all those new film releases :?

Guest De-GeXte
PM sent from another C500 user  ^_^  

I've just managed to convert the quicktime .mov trailers to play on Betaplayer and I have so far got Spongebob squarepants, Garfield and Hellboy on my SD card  :D/ Hmmm I now need to find some good websites to get all those new film releases  :?

Do you need the full movies or just the trailers?

Here is a nice trailer site: http://www.comingsoon.net/

Guest siu99spj

OK, quick updates. Still only have five/six volunteers (Depending on my brothers chances of getting an E200 soon) but its a start.

I'll try getting the files uploaded over the next couple of days, then let you guys loose on them! Hopefully I'll get something productive out of it all...

But PLEASE, any more volunteers will be gratefully accepted. Anyone with anyphone that can play movies will be accepted. And if any Mods want to make this more apparent, please do, I need more people to make this remotely worthwhile.

Guest mavisdavis

I recieved your email but wasn't sure if you needed a reply?

Am I in or not?

^_^ I actually got away with watching 3 whole films today :D I LOVE MY JOB :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest schriss
i don't know how can i help.

i have betaplayer on my c500, what do you want me to do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, I'm also still waiting to get some info about download and testing procedure.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mdecember
Hi to all!

I want some assitsance with creating the new movie guide (See the old sorry one in the FAQ), and not all of its technical. So those of you not as into phones as some of us :wink: might still be able to help.

1) Peeps who are comfortable with their phones. You'll probably need it unlocked and able to use BetaPlayer. If you can't do that, I suggest you go hunting through the forums.

If you can, and are willing to download quite significant amounts of video (Currently nearing 100MB so far), then PM me. I need a wide a selection of phones as possible, some the more exotic the variety into the mix, the better (Like MPx200's running the 2003 OS). To make my life easier I plan on E-Mailing people about the testing, so include the address you want me to use in the PM.

2) I need somewhere universal to host these. At the moment I can't use the forum because some of the files are too big. Again, it will be accessed by myself and all the testers, so you might get a bit of a bandwidth hit. As I mentioned above, its currently 100MB, but that may grow or shrink with time

3) Finally, I'd like somewhere to host the files once all is done. Partially so people can grab any encoded file they want (To see how movies look on their phone), partially so I can store pictures and files for the guide. Space can be negotiated.

So, think you can submit for one of the above? You know what to do...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest mdecember

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi!!

if you are interested still I can offer my services.

I have Orange SPV unlocked for external Applications with ROM version 1.6

I also have Pocketpc installed on my phone.

you may reply on my regulay mail or [email protected]

thx

Guest schriss
Hi!!

if you are interested still I can offer my services.

I have Orange SPV unlocked for external Applications with ROM version 1.6

I also have Pocketpc installed on my phone.

you may reply on my regulay mail or [email protected]

thx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this project is dead.

• 1 month later...