Two cheats for Eclipse: First Wave Directors Cut

Guest markhammill

Guest markhammill

While I was at the meet on Saturday I remembered to mention to Midnight that while I was playing Eclipse 1.3x I somehow gained infinite lives.

It turns out there are in fact two cheat which were put there to aid testing of later levels: infinite Lives and Level Skip

It must be very simple to enable as I came across it by mistake.

Any ideas?

Guest mike-oh

I keep thinking about destroying all the asteroids on the first level to see if that will unlock a cheat, never tried it but it seems it might be possible.

Guest markhammill

I might know as well, and I'm not letting beersoft beat me to it :twisted:

Press the correct button while loading to activate the cheat.

If you get infinite lives the version number changes to 1.31

If you get level skip the version number changes to 1.32

Good luck mike-oh maybe you can beat beersoft to it.

Guest midnight

Right then, Mark is correct, the version number changes when the cheat is activated, so, the only place you can see the version number is while loading, meaning you must press a button while the game is loading (if you left it until it loaded then its too late), and the time to press it is as soon as the version number appears :lol:

(i know ive made it too easy now, but hidden in the above sentence are the keys you press :D)

Oh, and obviously the level skip cheat works by pressing a certain button while playing a level that will then skip you to the next level.

Guest Pondrew

Wohoo! I got level skip to work!

Although now that I think of it, I prefered having to work at it as I did to get to level 5. Think I'll forget the cheat and do it the hard way...

Guest midnight

correct, theres cheating, and theres killing off the game, this is why we didnt have an invulnerability cheat, if you want to see all the levels/level bosses etc you are still gonna have to play it :lol: