HELP! Drink spilled on my C500

Guest embryochild

Guest embryochild

Some one please help. Was at a party last night and my sister spilled a drink on my C500! Now the keypad is totally screwed up,non of the buttons work except the joystick which isn't working properly! To make things worse i dont have insurance! not holding out much hope for being able to fix it. Is this kind of thing covered by orange care?

Some one please help. Was at a party last night and my sister spilled a drink on my C500! Now the keypad is totally screwed up,non of the buttons work except the joystick which isn't working properly! To make things worse i dont have insurance! not holding out much hope for being able to fix it. Is this kind of thing covered by orange care?

It is covered but you must tell them what has happened. "Emergency Care" can be applied to the account and you can claim straight away.

im afraid this happened to me before

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE THEY WILL NOT GIVE U A NEW PHONE

they will not give u emergency care as its a smartphone

i know thats a silly excuse

but they want u to pay £100 and they will have some1 send the phone to you next day, u will need to give them your broken c500 without battery

or u can pay £300 for a new spvc500 and keep old one lol

option one sounds best

Guest embryochild

Thought it sounded too good to be true! Cant really afford to fork out for a new one. Might try opening it up and giving it a clean. Dont suppose anyone has any idea how to open a c500?

Guest NIGHTMARE

i see the c500 is not so rebust with liquids as the e200 was.

i fell into a river after a long day and night of drinking a few monthes ago with my e200 was in the water for 10 min with the phone in my pocket, later ended up calling a taxi from it, worked fine soaked, it did not even turn off, now that is pritty impressive(so i thought) shame they have not carryed it on to furure models.

many people were not so luck. There are many people who have ruined e200's / e100's / spv's with water damage.

Orange had emergency insurance, it used to be £75 + a year of £5 a month, they replaced your phone and it was insured for the rest of the year

Guest NIGHTMARE

I would not say i was that lucky as i ended up in hospital later that night for something else and left my phone in a taxi on the way home and had to buy another one that cost me about £100.

Before you think i am crazy, it was just one big mad day/night - i dont make a habbit of having nights like that.

I suppose what goes around comes around. i dont know about the c500 but traditionally all mobile phones has veen week against water, my girlfriend destoyed a nokia in the washing machine a while back with no hope of a replacment from orange.

What sort of drink was it?? ..... I am trying to get at is what was the greater loss, Half a pint of decent larger or a soggy C500. A question of priority really. 8)

If I have a computer keyboard that has a drink poured into it I put it in a bucket of warm water for a bit and then let it dry out. After, it either works or it doesn't, not a big issue with this as a new keyboard doesn't cost much so the old one is not worth the time of the extra effort.

If you want/need to have a go at fixing it yourself, take it to bits and get lots of white spirit into the thing to dissolvewash away any sticky mess. White spirit is good as it evaporates.

I would rate the above as a 50/50 chance of working. It all depends if the phone is currently failing because there is a load of gummy crud from your sisters' alcopop preventing proper electrical or mechanical contacts being made rather than some sort of actual damage

good luck

Guest blackhorse

Just spoken to dealer support and can confirm you have two options on using care.

£100 inital charge with agreement to take care for the rest of the contract at £5 a month

or

Just pay Orange £300 to replace it and not take care!!

(me thinks its cheaper to buy it again and downgrade your current tariff!!)

Guest midnight

£300?????? its cheaper to buy a PAYG

and something is weird here, i knelt on my original SPV (ok it was a couple of years ago now) and i didnt have Orange care, so had to get emergency care, and that was £30 + £5 a month for 12 months (basically that means its then insured for 12 months and any more losses/damages etc are then just replaced)

Guest blackhorse
£300?????? its cheaper to buy a PAYG

and something is weird here, i knelt on my original SPV (ok it was a couple of years ago now) and i didnt have Orange care, so had to get emergency care, and that was £30 + £5 a month for 12 months (basically that means its then insured for 12 months and any more losses/damages etc are then just replaced)

They introduced a new road to go down with all smartphone claims probably about a year ago.

Mainly for things like P900 that did cost around £500 for a new vanilla

Guest embryochild

Well i am now on orange care :lol: Going to wait a couple of weeks and try to get it fixed. Been reading the term and conditions but cant quite figure out if they will cover me for this type of thing. Has anyone Had a phone replaced/repair due to Tequila/water damage?

Guest embryochild

Thats a relief was worried because the t & c state:

4.1 A replacement or repair will not be provided under the terms of the insurance where the loss or damage is caused by or consists of:

.1.10 any wilful act, neglect or failure to take reasonable care by you or any authorised user or any wilful act or neglect carried out at the direction or instigation of you or any authorised user;

4.1.11 disregard of manufacturer's and/or operating instructions;

Will they try to repair it first or just replace it?

Squall, have you actually had a phone replaced for this reason?