I want to ask some more thingies that has to do with this and the next version

One.

Theme Changer has Issues with ... Themes that have skinned xtra-screens

and are placed to storage card

Can't that be Fixed?

(Is there a limitation with the OS that upon reboot

It checks ONLY the main storage and NOT the storage card

or something like that?)

I'll have a test of that, how did you go with that second test?

When the Smartphone starts up the Storage Card driver starts up later on in the process, so it *could* be that when it loads those gfx, the Storage Card driver isn't started yet.... although it should work.. hmm..

Have you checked that the paths are ok? sounds like they are...

Two.

Creating the Theme Manager assisting .txt files

Incorporates that the user will manually do this

by either selecting the option save theme manually

or If the Manager Itself (sometimes when the theme is altered) asks for It.

Can't theme manager analyze the .xml upon selection/apply

and automatically save the respective .txt file

upon creation every time the heme is selected/applied

the txt file is generated by the registry, and on startup, theme changer (should) check these keys, too see if they have changed. If they have it should save out a .txt file. if they are defaults, there is no need for a .txt file. the .xml file doesn't have any of the info it saves. Have i answered this right?

Three

As I have proposed and you have responded that you'll put that on your list

the ability (xtra menu?) to let the user customely choose

which picture to place for each event (yell, incall, alert, startup, etc)

will you do that really?

yes i will, the big question is when, i'm a busy boy at the moment! but i personally want that feature.

Four.

Why Don't you add a PayPal Icon to your site for Software Donation

I know many people that would do that (I'm one) :( :D :lol: for you and your superb creation!

people would pay for the really slow service/help i give them? ;-) I would love to make even a little money out of this, but i want to have the main program free. I could look into it.. again "when" i have some time ;-) In the short term you'll just have to use it free with my blessing.

Five.

I'm checking now the Debug v2

I'll edit this line on my next visit!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any news? I have used this version for an update, as I try not to get to far behind, when people send in translations. (I have a greek translation next....)

riki

I decided to really narrow down my HS to a couple that work or just build one that meets my needs. What I would like to do is just store my wallpapers on my miniSD and have Theme Manager pull from that card is that possible?

Guest Tomas Kocanda
I decided to really narrow down my HS to a couple that work or just build one that meets my needs.  What I would like to do is just store my wallpapers on my miniSD and have Theme Manager pull from that card is that possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is exactly what I did. It was enough unpracticall homescreens with multiple pages - all I need is most information on the main homescreen for a quick look and easy jump in each section.

And finally developed one, what I really like:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=dscrip...etails&f_id=266

or with more background samples:

http://www.ruttensoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=422

I have about 20 different favorite backgrounds, what I store on the card and using Theme Changer swithing them every hour randomly. Fantastic! Really solution for all my needs. Simple, easy, working.

Actually, sometimes will Theme changer not load after restart, but it will report error message then and is possible to start it from menu manually. Otherwise it works exactly as I wanted. Very very good.

What I would like to do is just store my wallpapers on my miniSD and have Theme Manager pull from that card is that possible?
just put them in \Storage Card\Application Data\Home\

Actually, sometimes will Theme changer not load after restart, but it will report error message then and is possible to start it from menu manually.

bugger, i'll have to look into that.

riki

Guest Tomas Kocanda

Hi Riki,

it does not do it every time when I restart. Simply sometimes. No idea when it will load it and when not. Also sometimes (really perhaps once in 10 restarts) it will not load homescreen after restart at all. It will load all plugins and homescreen design, but not background picture. When I start theme changer, it will show (last parameter on the first screen) that actuall background is certain file, but it´s not true. I have to change it using "browse background" or wait hour (in my case) to load next random background from the storage...

it does not do it every time when I restart.

... It will load all plugins and homescreen design, but not background picture. When I start theme changer, it will show (last parameter on the first screen) that actuall background is certain file, but it´s not true. I have to change it using "browse background" or wait hour (in my case) to load next random background from the storage...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahh, so it's the homescreen's fault, not so much ThemeChanger. Where is ths background stored? \Storage\ or \Storage Card\? this sounds like a card issue.

I'm nt sure how to workaround this. Sounds like I need to run ThemeChanger after startup, wait a bit, and check that the background loaded. the big question is how....

riki

Guest Tomas Kocanda
Ahh, so it's the homescreen's fault, not so much ThemeChanger. Where is ths background stored? \Storage\ or \Storage Card\? this sounds like a card issue.

I'm nt sure how to workaround this. Sounds like I need to run ThemeChanger after startup, wait a bit, and check that the background loaded. the big question is how....

riki

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm. I really don´t know. But as I said before - it sometimes works and sometimes not (after restart of the phone). But if it does not work, then sometimes is the (last) background loaded and sometimes not. I have default background for my homescreen design saved in the phone memory, all others (used for random loading using theme changer) are in \storage card\application data\home

Guest sugardad

Hello riki!

My mistake I did not edit my last post..... #-o

debug 2 test complete!

problems I reffered (One. and Two.) at my last post still exist... 8-[

:idea: I think that if you add along with theme changer

another .exe file that will be stored @ startup folder

and this exe file during startup will look the last theme that TC applied

and re-apply it during startup this will elliminate

the issue of Themes that have skinned xtra-screens

But I had no problem with custom sound themes/sound dialog! :lol:/

when greek translation is ready

plz would first send me a preview

so as to be able to refine any typo errors that may arise/occur?

Edited by sugardad

Hello riki!

My mistake I did not edit my last post..... #-o

debug 2 test complete!

problems I reffered (One. and Two.) at my last post still exist...  8-[

:idea: I think that if you add along with theme changer

another .exe file that will be stored @ startup folder

and this exe file during startup will look the last theme that TC applied

and re-apply it during startup this will elliminate

the issue of Themes that have skinned xtra-screens

Yes these are going to be tricky to fix, as it's not that themechanger has a bug, it's the way the OS was written. Sooo... yes likely it will require something to run on startup, hopefully It can test to see if everything loaded ok. if it can't test, or things didn't, it needs to get the shell to reload it's gfx.

If you can bear with me on this, I'll try and do a fix for it, but it might take some time.

But I had no problem with custom sound themes/sound dialog!  :lol:/

when greek translation is ready

plz would first send me a preview

so as to be able to refine any typo errors that may arise/occur?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh thanks, I've been thinking about that greek translation, I was about to do it, and went looking for an emulator that supported it, but couldn't find one.

Does your phone support greek? IE is the microsoft programs that come with it in greek?

riki

Edited by g4mb17

Guest sugardad
Yes these are going to be tricky to fix, as it's not that themechanger has a bug, it's the way the OS was written. Sooo... yes likely it will require something to run on startup, hopefully It can test to see if everything loaded ok. if it can't test, or things didn't, it needs to get the shell to reload it's gfx.

If you can bear with me on this, I'll try and do a fix for it, but it might take some time.

Oh thanks, I've been thinking about that greek translation, I was about to do it, and went looking for an emulator that supported it, but couldn't find one.

Does your phone support greek? IE is the microsoft programs that come with it in greek?

riki

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm from Greece,

I wrote the translation

Most (If not all) the OS of the Phone is completely localized

and of course my phone supports Greek language and regional settings also

(Qtek 8020 a.k.a HTC Feeler) :lol:

Whenever you're ready I'm awaiting!

Edited by sugardad

I'm from Greece,

I wrote the translation

Most (If not all) the OS of the Phone is completely localized

and of course my phone supports Greek language and regional settings also

(Qtek 8020 a.k.a HTC Feeler) :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good good, I once did a translation into polish, but (at that point) there were no phones that supported it, it was a bit of a waste :-(.

I'll try and get something together soon, and send it though, my phone doesn't support it so I can't test it.

riki

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

right try this: ThemeChanger Greek Test

Note: this isn't a complete translation (you missed the V3 strings), so open up the sounds dialog, that should be greek, yet me know if that happens, if not try renaming the file ended .0408.mui (greek) to .0409.mui (english), as it will default to english. I was meaning for this test version to state what language your phone was, but it must not have been picked up by the build scripts.

riki

I was looking for the CAB file version of Theme Changer 4 (moving to MAC) and couldn't find it on your site. Can you post it or email it to me?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you view my website with your phone it will display the .cab link instead of the .zip.

this should be ...

ThemeChanger V4 cab

riki

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sugardad

Hello Riki, I don't know if except from the language

anything else has changed from ThemeChanger

Please Help!

I cannot see the Greek characters at all!

I mean the program displays messages, menus, etc BUT they are not seem to be in Greek to me....

(If you want a screen-shot I would be glad to provide It!

one from a greek prog displaying greek chr$ and one from TC)

Another problem that arised Is

when I applied a theme with ThemeChanger everything was ok

but when I closed the phone and rebooted It

It would freeze(!) and the only thing I was left to do was to clear the memory...

after I reset the phone I installed the same version again

and did the same thing and it happened again.... (why?)

*The themes were stored @ mem card

For the v3 srings should I download also the v3 translation?

Hello Riki, I don't know if except from the language

anything else has changed from ThemeChanger

Please Help!

I cannot see the Greek characters at all!

I mean the program displays messages, menus, etc BUT they are not seem to be in Greek to me....

(If you want a screen-shot I would be glad to provide It!

one from a greek prog displaying greek chr$ and one from TC)

Another problem that arised Is

when I applied a theme with ThemeChanger everything was ok

but when I closed the phone and rebooted It

It would freeze(!) and the only thing I was left to do was to clear the memory...

after I reset the phone I installed the same version again

and did the same thing and it happened again.... (why?)

*The themes were stored @ mem card

For the v3 srings should I download also the v3 translation?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(1) bugger, thats not good, usually if the phone doesn't start (when dealing with themes) it's due to the homescreen process not being able to create the homescreen. try putting the theme you are using on the phone. I might look into doing a copy when a theme is applied to work around this.

(2) From what i can tell there isn't a smartphone built that has the Full support for greek, so you will need to rename the greek dll, as i mentioned above. Once you have done that ThemeChanger's sound dialog should be in greek. If you see that then, yes, you will need to translate the V3 strings, there arn't too many :-)

riki

Guest sugardad

I think I did what you mentioned few posts above (rename the .mui file)

but I had no success the characters were not greek BUT will do It again ... just in case I did something wrong ....

I'll get back to you on Monday because I had a little-tiny-HUGE problem

with my 8020 joystick, It wouln't obay any commands :(

I have It for repair... It won't be ready until Monday....

I will be glad to translate If everything goes smooth the V3 no worries :lol:

Edited by sugardad

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aliendeath

Hi !!There is something wrong with my smartphone.My phone is Mitac 8390 .I use Version

4.0 themechanger to change my themes.In the introduction of Version 4.0 themechanger,it

says that Version 4.0 support NEW plugin for Orange, WMP, LCD, RJTime, RJHTML,

RJShortcut, and BattPlug. But I have a theme called lcdcompteur_jauge which need LCD

plugin .When I choose the theme from themechanger,it appears that " Are you SURE you want

to apply this theme, as you are missing these plugin: -LCD ? " Any idea about it???

post-111876-1110373133_thumb.jpg

post-111876-1110373161_thumb.jpg

post-111876-1110373237_thumb.jpg

something wrong showed in my smartphone.jpg

post-111876-1110373106_thumb.jpg

it should be like this.gif

post-111876-1110373286_thumb.gif

LCDCompteur2.hme

Guest sugardad

have you downloaded also the LCD Plugin?

this homescreen works in conjuction with LCD plugin.

try searching this forum and you will find it :D

Guest g4mb17

sugardad is correct here, you need to download it, here is a link:

Télécharger le logiciel

what language is your phone running in? do you know anyone who would be interested doing a translation into that language?

and on the subject, sugardad, what the results of renaming the greek mui file?

riki

Guest aliendeath

It is fantastic!!! The LCD plugin 1.53 run perfect on my 8390~~ It is so beautiful. I am so appresciate to you!! I am so stupid!! The interface which i used is traditional chinese . I know that you need somebody to translate the themechanger to traditional chinese. I am glad to be the "SOMEBODY". But I dont know how to do. I am a computer idiot. If someone can teach me how to do with it. I will be glad to do it.

Guest turbojones

Hey there Riki,

Any chance your app can be used to switch the homescreen when run from speedial? Perhaps a separate app that uses your config file for the next screen?

I really need to be able to switch my homescreen quickly on demand.

Regards,

TurboJones

Guest sugardad

Hello Riki,

I got me phone back just two days ago(!) (what a lousy slow service)

I did It several times but had no luck, the display language is out of this world

It's not even readable, all I can see Is boxes dots and $pecial symbols

Instead of latin based and/or greek based characters,

my chances goes to the selection of font(?)

Maybe the font TC is using Is Incompatible with greek language(?)

I've created a simple hello Proggy with the VB hack

and I can see correctly greek characters....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest asif45

Thanks for this wonderful software. I am a new user of MPX220 and I am having a little problem.

When I first install a theme the start up and shut down images come out fine (ones included with the theme). But when I change a theme to another one using theme changer, the start up and shut down images revert back to the original windows mobile ones. After this I cannot change them unless I reinstall the theme.

will appreciate your reply on this.

Thanks!

sugardad is correct here, you need to download it, here is a link:

Télécharger le logiciel

what language is your phone running in? do you know anyone who would be interested doing a translation into that language?

and on the subject, sugardad, what the results of renaming the greek mui file?

riki

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 4 weeks later...