NeoNode N1 now available in Europe... featuring Eclipse!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

neonode.gif

The NeoNode N1, not strictly a Microsoft Smartphone (but running the Windows CE OS), is now available for shipment right across Europe... and comes with the award-winning Eclipse - upgraded and enhanced for the N1 - pre-loaded!

I have one, and have played Eclipse on it, and it rocks :lol:

Check out the NeoNode website for more info!

P

Guest jsnielsen

Actually the N1 took a serious beatdown in the latest issue of the Danish magazine "Mobil", because of its lack of features, and its beta-like release state.

After having read that review, I'm not touching the N1 with a 100 feet pole.

Guest beersoft

i had a quick fondle of midnights at the meet and it was good, the N1 is nice as well :lol:

its on my list of gadgets to get, but im going to miss my bluetooth :D

later

Owen

Guest dshaugney

Yeah I was looking forward to it 2 years ago...but now I'm more than happy with my C500. The touchscreen is impressive, though not groud breaking.

Perhaps I'll be waiting for its second incarnation.

Guest nickcornaglia

Cool that mid sold the liscense to Neonode...

I cant see this phone going anywhere big, but I may be wrong.

I just dont see any big third party support for this phone. Look how hard it is to get developers to notice the Smartphone Platform...

Is it supported by Microsoft? Will they feature it as another platform? Or is it more like a rogue platform?

Its about damn time they released this thing! Its been well over a year since i first read about it and ive been wanting one ever since. I hope any bugs get worked out of the OS before i get my hands on one.

OK when I read this news I jumped arround in joy!!!

I just read it and went straught to my phone dealer to see what my possibilities are to get me one. he said it's very well possible that he could fix me up with one. so he's getting the info now and I'll see what turn's out.

I WANT THIS PHONE!!!!

Pigo

Guest jsnielsen
I WANT THIS PHONE!!!!

I'm interested in knowing why ? I mean, the form-factor is great, but the phone is more like a beta-platform at this stage, minimal functionality with more coming along when they're done with it, and it lacks bluetooth ? Plus, it might be based on Win CE.NET, but you can't use standard Win CE.NET software on it. It has to be compiled specifically for the Neno platform, as I've understood it.

Why are people even remotely interested in a phone that's outdated when it's released, and the outlook is just more hassle than productivity and fun ?

No thanks from me, I'll stick to Smartphone and Pocket PC. But, I hope the N2 will be great (and up to par) though, as I really like their design and the formfactor of the phone.

Guest TANKERx

But will they be ported?

With many developers still not porting their application from PocketPC to Smartphone, one has to wonder if they will be bothered with this which looks like it's going to be a one-hit-wonder at best.

If someone wants a nice phone and they like what it'll do out of the box, then it'll be very nice for them. But not for someone who wants to expand and enhance, IMHO.

I want it because it's exactly what i've been waiting for. a "PDA" with the screen size of a smartphone. I mean come on. it's smaller thinner but slighty wider than my Mpx200.

my main aim is to have a phone that has the things I need.

MP3 player.

Video Player (preferably Divx)

small size and some oter functions I don't want to go in to now.

One of the most important things I like of this phone is the fact that there are only a few people who have this phone (now) and when it does get popular (and it will) more and more people are gonna port the apps from both smartphone platform and the CE platform to the Neno platform.

first time the SPV came out there were hardly any apps for it.

Neonode's time will come.

Pigo

Guest Confucious
Neonode's time will come.

I hope it does, but without BT this is a definate no go for me.

Until a network takes it on (Orange?) and you can get it for a reasonable price on contract I (and I'm sure many others) won't be interested and until there is a wide take up I can't see many apps being ported.

It looks like a good idea -I hope it doesn't die a premature death and does develope it's full potential.

Good luck to them - and I hope my next phone will be a fully functional (with BT and lots of apps) neonode :lol:

Guest Paul [MVP]

I hope it does well too, it's a well thought out device, I like mine!

It's a shame to see other idiots with news sites slating the unit having never used one... :lol:

P

I was just thinking of something.

read the facts of the N1...

it has a USB host on it. for low powered devices.... doesn't this mean I could hook up a USB bluetooth dongle?

if I wanted to that is.

I can't wait to get my greedy hands on this thing. I see a LOT of possibilities for this device.

Pigo

Neonode is a no-go for me. It's ugly, hasn't even got bluetooth and vibration alert, and it contains some kind version of Windows CE which aren't any apps available for. They did a better job to implement Symbian OS on it - those phones are ugly anyway :wink:

I don't think the developers will realise this phone will be a big mistake, like the SierraWireless VOQ.

Guest midnight

ugly????? you are joking right?

and the OS is just a shell over CE.NET 4.2, to be honest, lots of PPC apps run, just the wrong screen res (and lots of PPC games work very well on it actually :lol:)

Guest Microsoft
I want it because it's exactly what i've been waiting for. a "PDA" with the screen size of a smartphone.

Ever heard of Qtek s100? The smartphone not much bigger then Q8010 but with touch screen and 416 MHz processor speed? I think its better then Neonode

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.