Tech support PLS

Guest Ace

I wanted to add some video on to my SPV, but I learned that I needed "windows media encoder v.9", wich doesn't support ME :D

So... I guess I can just get a upgradekit or???

(I've seen that you can buy a "XP home edition-upgrade for 99$ on:

http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Product...=11052&typeID=6

(is this the one for me?))

PLS help.

Best Regards

Ace

Guest Gorskar

I had Xp for a while, but went back to 98SE, as my tv card wouldnt work anymore (because the old drivers weren't certified, so it refused to load them) Also some of my favorite old games wouldnt work on windows Xp, eg transport tycoon (an absolute classic)

I had Xp for a while, but went back to 98SE, as my tv card wouldnt work anymore (because the old drivers weren't certified, so it refused to load them) Also some of my favorite old games wouldnt work on windows Xp, eg transport tycoon (an absolute classic)

If you had win 2k drivers for the TV card these would work with XP so you should be able to use it without any issues. As for games not working there is a compatibility mode which you can set to enable your games to play in win 98 mode so again no real issues there either. XP is far superior to 95 and IMO is better than 2k too.

If you don't have the driver for the TV card try the manufacturer website and pick up the 2k driver there :D

Guest awarner [MVP]
I wanted to add some video on to my SPV, but I learned that I needed "windows media encoder v.9", wich doesn't support ME :(  

I use version 7 on ME with no problems :D , hope this helps

On another note personaly I cannot get on with XP and from other people I know i'd say upgrade to XP only if you really want to need to.