Using WAV for ring tones

Guest nigelkwan

Guest nigelkwan

I can't seem to get the any wav. files onto my SPV to use as ring tones. Can anybody help?

Whats the optimum size of wav. file?

please help as getting tired of existing rings.

When making mine I make sure they are in Mono at about 32hz and in 8bit, it brings the size down alot and you won't notice much difference as they are only being played through one speaker.

Once done drop the file into the IPSM > Apps > Sounds folder and then they will be accessable through your sound settings menu, just select the ringtone 1 bit and it should list all your ringtones.

Guest Satans Cyber Kid
When making mine I make sure they are in Mono at about 32hz and in 8bit, it brings the size down alot and you won't notice much difference as they are only being played through one speaker.

Once done drop the file into the IPSM > Apps > Sounds folder and then they will be accessable through your sound settings menu, just select the ringtone 1 bit and it should list all your ringtones.

What program are you using to make your wavs? and can i use it to make a wav from a bit of a mp3?

Also i had to create my sounds directory

I'm using the Wave editor that came with Nero Burning Rom, tis a good one and accepts MP3's.

Once in that prog you have a number of save settings when saving as a Wav file. I find this particular prog good especially if you want to edit an MP3.

If you have Real One player or something that rips a CD track to MP3 your laughing, you can then basically choose any ringtone you want from your collection of CD music. I tried to keep the ringtones to 10 secs Max, that way you can get the file down in size quite a bit.

Self Peservation Society and the Monkey theme tune have come out real good :D

Tried attaching them but site doesn't allow .wav so zipped them but too big, board only allows 256KB.

So I have quickly thrown a page up on the below URL to download them.

You have Self Peservation Society which is quite large when unzipped, it's a good 10secs long though, tried to get the best bit of the choon.

Also is biggest, baddest, you'll know what it is when you hear it :D

Enjoy, let me know what you think.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/neo/

Guest awarner [MVP]

Hi Rob.P

is there something wrong? as I download the file and use winamp to extract all I get is the following mesage.

bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found)

Is it something I am doing?

No worries will zip them up again and check them before attaching them in post, not quite sure what happened there, they should appear later, gotta pop off and take some pictures for a press release.

Guest DubWhiZZ

press release of what? are you a film star? just think, we could have hugh grant in our midst and we wouldn't know it. hang on, d o you think ol floppy hair knows his way around a zip?

Naaahhhhh.

hi rob, still no joy for me, the zips download well short of the reported file size and say bad offset no header when trying to access. - Perhaps it is a problem with posting them on the forum or something??

If anyone is having probelems with ringtones, i can email you a wav file right outta my /applications/sounds/ folder so that you can test your phone!

Stick your email down and i will send you a wav that i have working as a ringtone now!