Just got an M1000 - some questions

Guest robinknight

Guest robinknight

Hello - I hope in the right section for these q's -apologies if not

Just got an M1000 today and have some questions:

1 - Bluetooth - Can't seem to send or recive from my PC or other phones. Equally can't make it sync via Bluetooth. Has anybody had any joy - If so could you shed any light om how you achieved any of these tasks ?

2 - MMS client - There isn't one ! Is this correct ?

3 - GPRS timeout - Doesn't seem to be one ? How do I set a timeout/kill GPRS connection ?

4 - MSN - Cannot log in. Do I need to apply the MSN Messenger update as with the E200 and iPaq etc. etc. ?

Many thanks

Robin

I cant answer all of your questions but I can tell you that I found an MMS composer for the M1000. A company called ArcSoft do an MMS composer. Ive been using it for a while and it works well. Its free on their website.

I didnt have to apply the MSN update, it just worked from day one.

I havent seen anywhere to set the GPRS timeout.

Guest Twain

I have an xda 2, so for the mms all i know is i read that m1000 didnt come with one, but have read elsewhere about the arcsoft one, so maybe give that a shot.

With the bluetooth if you use file explorer, select beam item and leave it a while, it takes time to search for bluetooth devices in the area, as for sending to the m1000 you should get a prompt if i remember correctly, this prompt won't come till the device has recieved the entire file and is ready to confirm saving it, so again may take time depending on the file size.

On the msn front maybe just check your gprs settings, the account your using to sign in is still active, those sort of things

With regards to the time out on the gprs i have no idea :) sorry!

This is all relevant to my xda so not sure how similar they are, anyway hope it helps!!! :(