Midnight's Keypress sounds work on the XDAIIs

Guest ricmoo2003

Guest ricmoo2003

you will have to find the very first releases of the sounds that only included the sound files and not the cab's, go into the registry and change these keys,

1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Control Panel - Sounds - Keypress and take out the P from Script

2. HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Control Panel - Sounds - DTMF# & rename the sound option to sound2 or something and create a new string with the value name = Sound & the value data to be where you stored you sound files ( i have mine on my card in keypress) so you would put storage cardmy documentskeypresshash.wav

Just do this for all the others DTMF*, DTMF1, DTMF2 etc......

you can have loads of fun with this one, here are some sounds to get you going.

I can't find my old copy of the southfart sound scheme, i only have the cab file and i don't want to risk running that in case it does some damage, perhaps Midnight if you are around on this side of MoDaCo you could upload those tones or confirm wether or not the cab files install correctly on the phone edition?

Richard

And thanks to midnight for this great discovery all that time ago..

Guest ricmoo2003

Sorry i should have explained, this will change the tone your hear when you press 1 through 9 on yor keypad when dialing a number, it's stupid really but can be entertaining for a while, with toilet humour like i have the southfart theme was the best one, each number gave a different fart sound from South park the movie :) :( it makes people laugh ( well my mates anyway) so i came up with some others like the animal sounds and father ted.

Hope this helps

Richard

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hiya, I'm tryin to add speech keypad file to my new XDA Exec.

I've done it before with no problems on my C500.

I've got them working on the XDA no worries. Only thing is, no matter what I try, the sound file isn't played for long enough and so you don't get the whole sound file sayin 1 or 2 etc etc.

Anyone know of any work arounds.

Cheer

Steve