P505 Pocket PC 2003 Phone Edition from Asus

Guest shadamehr

Guest shadamehr

It seems that the ASUS are planning a new Pocket PC Phone Edition device, as the FCC have given approval for a new device from them...

post-21885-1104442896.jpg

FCC has just approved ASUS P505, Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 for PocketPC Phone Edition device which somewhat resembles Sony Ericsson P900. The same phone was one of the winners of "Best Computex Awards" from Computex Taipei 2004 International Information Technology show. The ASUS P505 will feature:

* 2.8" 65k Transflective TFT display with 320 x 240 (QVGA) resolution

* 1.3 megapixel CMOS camera with video capture and built-in flash

* Bluetooth and IRDA

* SD / MMC memory expansion slot with SDIO support

* GPRS class 10

* Intel PXA270 416 MHz processor (version with 520 MHz CPU should able to available)

* 64MB Flash ROM and 64MB SDRAM

* MP3 and Video playback support

* Microsoft ActiveSync application

Source and another image: ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com

(And apologies for the layout and image thumbnails - I'm still adjusting to this new more powerful Modaco Site!)

Guest spacerace
WiFi will soon be a must for any PPC I buy I think (he says as he lovingly cradles his Jam! :))

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes I must admit before ordering my Jam I was wondering if I should hold out for the BenQ maybe, but the size is just so looooovvveeeelllyyyy (plus I didn't like the the look of the BenQ keyboard).

I picked up a sandisk 256/wifi sd card and I'm just as happy. It's no real hardship to carry, and it seems to give much better signal strength than any other device I have with built in WiFi...

- spacerace -

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.