MacOSX

Guest drblow

[11]screenshots.gif

File Name :: MacOSX

Author :: drblow

Category :: Computer

Description ::

FEATURES

Just a bit of a collage of Mac OsX backgrounds & icons etc gleaned from the web, and resized for smartphones, with a bit of mac style shadowing on some of the text!! 8)

2 xml versions will install with the CAB file, both use the same layout, but version B has the default calendar plugin, while the main version uses the scrolling appointments plugin by sullivanpt (available HERE). Also uses RJshortcuts plugin (available HERE), DrFonz's smartmonitor plugin (available HERE), Oxios tasks plugin (available HERE), and the media player plugin (available HERE).

This version is currently for C500/e200 only, as it uses the e200 Orange plugin quite extensively for the side scrolling shortcut tabs in the middle, and the weblinks.

I have attatched an Xbar skin to match the theme, and I'm currently working on an SMS-Notify skin too, which I'll add once I get it sorted!

I think thats it really - as usual just install all the necessary plugins, then install the CAB file, and it should be fine.

Enjoy! :)

** EDIT: I have released a version of this theme for non-orange phones/2002 devices. The CAB file is in the 1st post of the discussion thread! :(

Updated Fri, Jan 14 2005 4:16 pm

View File

DrBlowMacOsX2002Theme.CAB

Edited by drblow

Guest drblow

Like I said in the post, it won't work on any phone's other than Orange C500/e200. If demand is sufficient, I'll do a version that'll work on any phone, but all the functionality of the scrolling shortcuts & weblinks would be gone.

Feel free to customise it yourself to get it working if you like.

@skunkchild - thanks m8, glad you like it. :)

Guest BarnOwl

Great homescreen! What I like about it is that you have all important things on one screen and you can easily access other features by scrolling.

Brilliant! You made me happy! 8)

I have one question however: I downloaded and installed the latest Oxio Task plugin but it refuses to work with this theme. I reset the device but that doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Using it on an unlocked Orange SPV C500 with latest Orange rom (4.1.1.4) with T-Mobile subscription.

*Edit* : Solved the problem. Re-installed the theme after the Oxio install. Now it is working fine..... :)

Edited by BarnOwl

Guest BarnOwl

The only thing that would even make it more perfect is changing the light gray color of the unselected font. The white and black stand out really nice but if I don't have my tasks selected it is very hard to read.

Is there a way this "unselected" gray font color can be changed?

Guest drblow

Of course you can change it - I happen to like it in the theme myself, but if you want to change the colour, open the xml and go down to the tasks plugin. There are format tags within the label tags that contain colours for slected & unslected states. Just change the unselected colour to ahtever you want (if you want it to really stand out, I'd suggest black which is #000000).

You can do the same for the weblinks if you like! :)

Edited by drblow

Guest BarnOwl

I had not figured that one out yet (Allthough I changed all the shortcuts in the shortcut plugin and had to change the path to the GREAT Papyrus :) )

Thanks....

P.S. With the scrolling agenda plugin and Papyrus directly accessible from the HS this is fantastic)

Edited by BarnOwl

Guest drblow

like it says above, this theme requires the orange e200 plugin. so, no, it will not work on anything other than e200 or c500.

a different version is on the way that will install on most phones.

Guest Jasonkruys
does it works for xphone series like xphone2?

the theme u got looks great wit hthose cool layout amd settings

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it only me that is getting frustrated by all these questions?

Like Dr Blow said in the post above yours, and several others above that...

IT WILL ONLY WORK ON THE ORANGE E200 AND C500 AND NOTHING ELSE

Sorry, just sooo frustrated to see a reply to this, and they all say the same thing

Edited by Jasonkruys

Guest drblow

:D Don't let it get to you man! It happens every time with my screens that use the e200 plugin. It's just a pity that O never released the plugin - I can't live without it & I'm sure plenty of people would have paid for it.

Anyways - like I said, I'm doing a version of this theme for non-orange phones. It won't have any of the spunky scrolling shortcuts or weblinks, but it'll have the same graphical feel.

OK - 2002 devices/non-orange phones version has been posted. See the first post in this discussion thrad for the CAB file download. You'll need all the other plugins to go with the theme, but this one does not use the e200 plugin so should work for the majority of other phones.

There are 2 versions again, MacOsX2002 uses the scrolling appts plugin, and MacOsX2002B uses the default calendar plugin.

Enjoy!

Guest lukeap69
OK - 2002 devices/non-orange phones version has been posted.  See the first post in this discussion thrad for the CAB file download.  You'll need all the other plugins to go with the theme, but this one does not use the e200 plugin so should work for the majority of other phones.

There are 2 versions again, MacOsX2002 uses the scrolling appts plugin, and MacOsX2002B uses the default calendar plugin.

Enjoy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks drblow.

you heed to our calling as i expected. i'll try it later.

regards,

lukeap

Guest BarnOwl

After using this wonderful homescreen for a while, I have one suggestion:

Because the default Mobile icons are overwritten by the top bar it is very hard to notice a missed call. The missed call screen works ok but I find it very hard to see them.

Is there a way to improve the missed call visibility by making a popup or whatever?

Guest schmeegle

This homescreen works excellently, perhaps one of the best written screens I've used.

The only thing is (always a but!) I decided to change it for one that was a bit simpler looking. The other homescreen loads fine, but all the system screens from MacOSX are still there.

How can I remove them?

Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.