Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

The official news from Orange is that they are NOT dropping the M2000 and that it will be back in stock again soon.

As for wether there will be another device on the scene soon Orange will not comment. Understandably they never do.

Guest nigidivitch

Well, on the 14th Katy-Jo from Orange sent me the below email, although I'm not too certain that it's really that accurate!! I've been waiting for my M2000 for bloody ages...

Dear Fnik,

Thank you for your Email.

The SPV M2000 is available now, through our retail stores only.

Kind Regards

Katy-Jo

Website Administrator

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 13 January 2005 10:34

To: [email protected]

Subject: Customer contact query

About : Orange products and services

Name : Fnik Nigidivitch

Email :

Order no. (if applicable) :

Daytime phone :

Evening phone :

Contact by : 1

Query : Dear Sir/Madam,

Could you please let me know when you expect to receive more stock of your

SPV M2000 handset. I am looking to purchase one of these phones, however it

has been detailed as coming soon and out of stock for quite a while now, and

I was wondering whether you plan on stocking it again?

Regards,

Fnik

Guest mhanbury
Well, on the 14th Katy-Jo from Orange sent me the below email, although I'm not too certain that it's really that accurate!!  I've been waiting for my M2000 for bloody ages...

Dear Fnik,

Thank you for your Email.

The SPV M2000 is available now, through our retail stores only.

Kind Regards

Katy-Jo

Website Administrator

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 13 January 2005 10:34

To: [email protected]

Subject: Customer contact query

About : Orange products and services

Name : Fnik Nigidivitch

Email :

Order no. (if applicable) : 

Daytime phone :

Evening phone :

Contact by : 1

Query : Dear Sir/Madam,

Could you please let me know when you expect to receive more stock of your

SPV M2000 handset.  I am looking to purchase one of these phones, however it

has been detailed as coming soon and out of stock for quite a while now, and

I was wondering whether you plan on stocking it again?

Regards,

Fnik

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me to, and I starting to get very fed up with Orange!

Guest nigidivitch
Me to, and I starting to get very fed up with Orange!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah - didn't really have the heart to send her a response asking her why therefore, it was the case that I didn't have an M2000 already?!!

I just don't understand what benefits Orange think they are reaping by lying to all of their existing, as well as potential, customers? If I am told that there won't be any of the handsets I want in stock until a specific date, at least I can then wait, knowing that my "new-phone cravings" will be sated at a particular point in the future... If I am told that they don't know when new stock will be arriving because of a specific problem, then great... If, however I am given conflicting information every time I decide to contact them, I then might begin to get a little narked!!!

My E200 is dying... O2 here I come!!!

The retail stores in Edinburgh/Glasgow certainly don't have them & aren't expecting them any time soon. & when I spoke to OCS the other day, they said they were only available to business customers.

Sounds like they don't want us to buy them!

Guest viper4u2nv

yeh i ordered the m2000 a couple of weeks ago off onstopphoneshop, and everytime i ring up the only reply i get is its due back at the end of the week. from reading on whats been poseted earlier im hoping it does arrive in the next couple of days!

Guest nigidivitch
yeh i ordered the m2000 a couple of weeks ago off onstopphoneshop, and everytime i ring up the only reply i get is its due back at the end of the week. from reading on whats been poseted earlier im hoping it does arrive in the next couple of days!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aha! I'm in the same boat as I am waiting for delivery from Onestopphoneshop - I have also been in contact with them, and they seemed a little more forthcoming with information... They said the following:

"Orange are currently out of stock of this handset and unfortunately this is out of our control.

We believe it is due to some software problems that they are trying to rectify prior to despatch as Orange do have strict quality control with all handsets that are branded with their name.

I can assure you that as soon as Orange receive stocks of these we will be honouring all our orders but I cannot at this stage even estimate the time period.

I thank you for your continued patience.

Regards"

When I followed that up with a bit of web research, I did find reference to quite a lot of major software problems with the handset - problems with wifi, bluetooth, keypad locking, those kind of things...

I too am hoping that phones will be in stock again and that we will all have them by Saturday 22nd, however how long is it likely to take to put new software on all the handsets and then test them?! Must say, it's all very unlike Orange - they normally send the handsets out as soon as humanly possible, and then deal with software problems later with rom updates!!!

Got no idea what the crack is re. DrBlow being told M2000 only being available to business customers - that's a total bloody lie... another one!

We believe it is due to some software problems that they are trying to rectify prior to despatch as Orange do have strict quality control with all handsets that are branded with their name.

Got no idea what the crack is re. DrBlow being told M2000 only being available to

On the first point - thats the best laugh I've had in ages!! :D Orange quality control is like the Loch Ness Monster ... hard to prove it exists! :D

On point no. 2, the crack :P there my good man, is that OCS are like Mars, it's hard to prove there's any intelligent life there!! :D

Always good for a chuckle mind you! From what I know, from a few people who work/worked in O over the last few years, is that they have invested way too much time & money on smartphones to just up & ditch it. Who knows what is going on with the M2000 really, but I'm sure something will happen sooner or later.

Guest jharvey00

Called upgrades today - told me that they didn't have any in stock and had no clue when they would be have any avaliable.

And if they ever manage to source some, to upgrade it would cost me a snip at £325...what a bargain considering the amount I hand over to them each month...grrrr! :evil: :x

Guest alanrenouf

All,

Just got off the phone to Orange and the guy said they had some in yesterday and they are being tested, he rekons they will be available later today if i ring back !

I will let you know how i get on. :D

Guest viper4u2nv

jus been off the phone to onestopphoneshop, and even tho it was meant to be in today, guess wot, IT ISNT!!!! So wot i did instead was, instead of waiting i went and bought the MDA 3 from T-mobile. i got the fone for free and a bluetooth headset and aswell as a cheaper contract. should receive it in the next couple of days. AWESOME!!!!!!

Guest nigidivitch
jus been off the phone to onestopphoneshop, and even tho it was meant to be in today, guess wot, IT ISNT!!!! So wot i did instead was, instead of waiting i went and bought the MDA 3 from T-mobile. i got the fone for free and a bluetooth headset and aswell as a cheaper contract. should receive it in the next couple of days. AWESOME!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you get the T-Mobile MDA3 from? Think that I might try the same?!!

Guest nigidivitch
Where did you get the T-Mobile MDA3 from?  Think that I might try the same?!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aha - the mighty onestopphoneshop - cheers for the advice, have done the same and should finally get the phone soon!!!

Guest alanrenouf
Is it too early to start getting a little excited?

:?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, thats it, Im switching to 02, I just rang Orange again and the unhelpfull guy now said next week.

Anybody know how to get a XDAIIs cheap ?

Suggested websites or shall i just ring 02 and offer them my monthly payment as orange are screwing me around ?

Sorry for the false hopes !

Alan

Guest wheresalan
Ok, thats it, Im switching to 02, I just rang Orange again and the unhelpfull guy now said next week.

Anybody know how to get a XDAIIs cheap ?

Suggested websites or shall i just ring 02 and offer them my monthly payment as orange are screwing me around ?

Sorry for the false hopes !

Alan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try:

Onestopphoneshop

ETCComms

or phone O2 and T-Mobile direct

I'm gonna wait till Orange gets themselves sorted and upgrade, because I like my everyday 50 tariff! :D

Obviously by saying that I can get it cheap from O2 or T-Mobile and asking for my PAC code I should get a good upgrade price. :D

Any bets on what they'll charged me? It's currently £350 for the handset on ED50. :twisted:

Al

Try:

Onestopphoneshop

ETCComms

or phone O2 and T-Mobile direct

I'm gonna wait till Orange gets themselves sorted and upgrade, because I like my everyday 50 tariff!  :D

Obviously by saying that I can get it cheap from O2 or T-Mobile and asking for my PAC code I should get a good upgrade price.  :D

Any bets on what they'll charged me? It's currently £350 for the handset on ED50.  :twisted:

Al

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was originally quoted £350 for the handset, and I had Talk60 AND ED50 (2 lines), when I exclaimed that was a little high, the man had another look at my actual bills (usually pay about £40 pcm, sometimes more, rarely less), and it came down to £250. However The Link were quite happy for me to have the XDA2s on o2 for £200 with a BT headset (worth £40 for free), and £35pcm tarrif, which included a GPRS data bundle and lots of calls, which I'm sure I wont use all of.

Some of the higher business users get cheaper prices, occasionally free. The woman who gave me my PAK code tried to convince me to stay, but when she KNEW they wouldnt have any stock til end January(at least), and no guarantees that I'd get one of those, and I had an XDA2s In My Hand(!), she gave in and gave me the code!

Guest nigidivitch
I was originally quoted £350 for the handset, and I had Talk60 AND ED50 (2 lines), when I exclaimed that was a little high, the man had another look at my actual bills (usually pay about £40 pcm, sometimes more, rarely less), and it came down to £250.  However The Link were quite happy for me to have the XDA2s on o2 for £200 with a BT headset (worth £40 for free), and £35pcm tarrif, which included a GPRS data bundle and lots of calls, which I'm sure I wont use all of.

Some of the higher business users get cheaper prices, occasionally free.  The woman who gave me my PAK code tried to convince me to stay, but when she KNEW they wouldnt have any stock til end January(at least), and no guarantees that I'd get one of those, and I had an XDA2s In My Hand(!), she gave in and gave me the code!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really would suggest that everybody copies viper4u2nv (hope you're ok with this - must be nice being a trend-setter!!) in getting an MDA3 on T-Mobile - Cancelled the M2000 order with Orange at about 12pm today and changed it to T-Mobile, the handset was free, with a bluetooth headset AND £30 cashback, and on top of all that, the phone is already on its way!!!

Brilliant!

Guest Pondrew

Wahoo! I just checked my account with OneStop and they apparently dispatched my MDA III yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well and truly chuffed!

Guest Pondrew

WHAHAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

It arrived two hours ago and my folks didn't bother to tell me!

Came as a bit of a surprise when I got my tracking number, put it in the Royal Mail website and was told it had already arrived before 1230 today!

YOU GUYS ROCK! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP! (can you tell I'm happy?!)

Guest nigidivitch
WHAHAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

It arrived two hours ago and my folks didn't bother to tell me!

Came as a bit of a surprise when I got my tracking number, put it in the Royal Mail website and was told it had already arrived before 1230 today!

YOU GUYS ROCK! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP! (can you tell I'm happy?!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congrats!

Crumps! I just asked Orange for my PAC code - was like splitting-up with a particularly clingy girlfriend... "Oooh pleeeeeese don't go... we'll give you ANY phone for free... HONEST!".

Conversation carried on like this...

"Errrm, ok then, give me an M2000"

"Oh... err... well... there's a... we don't have any of those in stock at the moment"

"Well ok then, how about the XDAIIi, the MDAIII, or even the M2500 or M3000"

"EH?"

"Look, just give me the PAC... yes, yes, I promise I'll keep in touch..."

Phew! I'm glad I'm out of that one! Time to celebrate with beer and perhaps I'll go out a-whoreing by using other peoples phones on other networks all night!!

Guest viper4u2nv

Oh my god im a trend setter!!! oh yeh!!! i ordered my mda 3 this morn aint checked me account yet. hopefully i should get it soon. anyone else order it 2dy? tell me how it goes. PEACE.