Can't application unlock my C500

Guest richardyates

Guest richardyates

I've tried 3 times to remove the application lock on my C500, but the Orange web site just sits there, having taken all my details, until it times out. :D

Any other ways to do it than a long phone call to Orange? - I want to install the freedom bluetooth keyboard drivers

Guest richardyates

Yes that's exactly what I've tried - I've just tried again, this time using Firefox - gives me a "request timed out error" - who do I have to ring at Orange about this - or would the developers forum be the best place to ask?

Guest cmaurer

Glad to hear you got your problem sorted. forgive me for being so clueless but what is 'application lock' and what willl it do for me to remove it.

Cheers

Guest Disco Stu

The phone comes with an application lock, put there by your operator to stop you installing dodgy software. It acts as a safety feature but also ties you to buying only Orange-certified games & applications.

Pretty much everyone here has removed it in order to take advantage of the vast collection of software and themes etc that has been developed by independant producers.

There is a tiny risk that you will mash up your phone so you need to be sensible with what you install. All the advice you need is up here. Even if things go nipples-skyward you will find all the ways to revive the phone on this forum.