Solution to adding t9 languages to SPV C500

Guest dearsina

Hello. Can anyone help with this?

Good morning!

Help!!! I have tried to get Spanish to work on my Cingular 2125 (WM5) for weeks to no avail. I don't even get the option to change languages (is there a trick?).

Here is what I have done:

Extracted the Spanish dll from the language pack posted on this thread. Created a directory in my storage card (Storage Card\t9\) and moved the dll to the folder directly from my PC using ActiveSync.

Changed my registry values:

In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MUI\Available I added the value 040a And called

the Value Data: "Spanish"

Then in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\LDBs I added the value 040a

and called the value data: "\Storage Card\t9\T9SpanishLdb.dll"

And finally in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input method\MUI\Languages I edited the value: "Available"

from "0409" to "0409,040a"

Am I missing anything? Need any other files or tweaks?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by mancha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kirid44
Thanx guys ! Works great !

Smart Explorer won't work for copying the DLL, but the built in

Windows Explorer does !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello there.

sorry to bother u but I just bought the C550 and I'm trying to install the czech ddl without any success.

Changing "values" "directories" and all these different words confused me a lot. I'm not that crap with mobile devices but difinitely not an expert.

I know time is limited these days for everyone but IF you manage to get some free time can u please explain to me step by step the istallation?

Thanks in advance.

Kiri

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest el_plebillo

Same problem here, I have a mpx200 upgraded to wm2005 and now my Storage card is seen as part of the rom, so, no storage card, what can we do.

Guest margarineoferror

We are not in the same boat exactly. I actually don’t have a storage card. I haven’t yet found a need for it until now that is.

Cingular 2125:

I've strugled with this for a couple of days but now found a very simple sollution. I live in the USA, I'm Dutch so I needed the dutch T9 stuff.

Turns out the Dutch DLL is already in there together with English, German, French and Italian, the only thing I did was to download this handy editor which allows you to edit the mobile registry from your pc:

http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilities/20...try_Editor.aspx

Then I only added 0413 (dutch) to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages\Available

Now T9 Dutch is available...

Have fun!

Wim

Guest el_plebillo

Well, finally was able to load a spanish .dll file onto my mpx200 running wm5, did the registry edits, now, I choose spanish on the T9 menu, but, can't write anything, I just get beeps instead. anyone has a solution?

• 1 month later...
Guest Kulfsson
Well, finally was able to load a spanish .dll file onto my mpx200 running wm5, did the registry edits, now, I choose spanish on the T9 menu, but, can't write anything, I just get beeps instead. anyone has a solution?

Hi, according to another website I saw we need a MUI file for each language as well. f.x. T9ImeRes.Dll.0413.mui which recides in the windows directory. Without the MUI it will just beep.

So I want to start by asking for the danish MUI file or does anyone know how to make your own language file and MUI ?

For more languages I have included a file I found on the internet.

t9languages.zip

• 5 months later...
Guest BramvanSchagen

Hi,

I am new here and have already a question :

on my QTEK 9100 with WM5 English I want to install a Dutch T9.

Downloaded an registry editor and the t9languages.zip.

But... my registray HKLM\T9 Input Method\etc does not exist.

And I do not have a T9 selection menu.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks, Bram

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Wosonj

Anyone succeeded with WM6 OS phone? I tried it with Czech and Norwegian with my HP IPAQ 514 and had no luck. 

The verison of the dll files found here seem to be the same as the built-in English dll, I managed to be able to choose the new languages, n

vertheless i only heard beeping when trying to type.

Moreover, sometimes I was not able to type properly with English T9 (inability to enter space or letters being pressed twice randomly) and sometimes even with classic method (space did not work). Everythin

turned fine again when i reverted the registry changes.

Some hints in case somebody wants to continue from where I finished:

- Copy the files directly to Windows directory (Go to Menu -> Options and uncheck Hide hidden files to see hidden and system file

)

- Set Read-only, Hidden and System attribs to new DDLs (see what other DLLs have). If this is not set, some applications won't start (messaging) and T9 About page will display confirmation that you want to run insecure file.

- There is a file T9ImeRes.Dll.0409.mui - I tried to play with it for a while (e.g. copy it with new language ID) and this seems to have no effect. I looked inside and it seems to be some HP specific file according to the messages.

- I could not find any other useful registry keys (when searched for "T9" and "0409")

- T9Ime.dll seems to have no impact, as it is assigned to probably all languages in registry.

- Always restart the phone when changing the registry, the changes seem to be visible (e.g. language is offered), but strange things happen

- By setting the correct attributes, I managed the new DLLs to be offered in T9 About DLL listing. Unfor

unately this did not help, but it is probably a good success indicat

r (Settings 9-9-1-3 to check)

I tried also "T9 Config Utility 1.0", which does not seem to work either.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymaus
Anyone succeeded with WM6 OS phone? I tried it with Czech and Norwegian with my HP IPAQ 514 and had no luck.

Hi there!

I'm trying the same thing for my 514 too. With italian language file. I didn't even get as far as having the .dll being loaded (only german, english, french appear in the about). I'm starting to belive that the T9 software has some kind of security measure to make it impossible to load "unofficial" T9 language files. Rather by checking if a DLL comes from the ROM or if it has the right certificate.

However, seeing that you were able to make the app load the dll lets me reconsider. I think, I'll keep trying, although I'm running out of ideas.

Cheers!

PS: Yes, I've set the .dll and the .mui attributes to +s +h +r -a, just like the other files are.

PPS: Did anyone succeede in copying existing t9xxx.dll-files from a WM6 device (preferably smartphone)? I'd really like to compare it to the files that float around the net.

BTW: Some poor guy had the idea to ask HP for help on that:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/...hreadId=1150643

Edited by Anonymaus

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Etienne MONS

Hello Anonymaus,

I am also trying a new Ipaq 514 with only one language file.

I only get the English dll.

I saw from your post that you have the language Dll's for German and French as well.

Do you think that you could send to me the French file (code 040C )

Thank you many times !

Etienne MONS ([email protected])

Hello

I'm french

Could you put in a image of the registre HLM for the T9 language.

Anything language

I 'm sure , i'm a "nut" ;)

Thanck you :wub:

Edited by grisly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest StartPoint
Just in case anyone is reading here regarding Windows Mobile 5

I managed to get Spanish t9 working on the C600 using the C500 spanish t9 file as posted above and the following entries:

HKLM\MUI\Available (Added string 040a with value "Spanish")

HKLM\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages (Added ",040a" to end of value data list)

HKLM\T9 Input Method\LDBs (Added string 040a with value "\Storage Card\t9\T9SpanishLdb.dll)

I made the folder "t9" on my storage card and put the spanish t9 file there, as you can see the language code for that spanish is 040a (traditional sort)

hope this helps anyone looking

I'm not sure if anyone will be reading this as it's been a long time since it was posted - but this worked perfectly after a few frustrating mistakes of forgetting ".dll" etc.

I'm now a fully integrated Spaniard with a UK SPV C600,

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

BTW: Some poor guy had the idea to ask HP for help on that:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/...hreadId=1150643

Hello. I am the poor guy that asked HP for help :D

does anybody know here how to install additional T9 languages on my IPAQ 514? I am still interested in getting an answer as all I got at the other forum did not work :)

thanks!

• 2 months later...
Guest alcalina

i´m having trouble to install T9 Portuguese in smt5600(c500) with windows mobile 6.1

the name appear, but when I choose, I only beep error

• 1 month later...