YES! My MDA III finally arrived!

Guest Pondrew

Guest Disco Stu

Couple of weeks ?!?

Should have got a Jam from the MoDaCo shop. Ordered last night, arrives tomorrow :D

Seriously though, will look forward to hearing how you get on with it.

Guest Pondrew

I'm a Pocket PC novice so this could take a while...

first question... the 8hours recharge that is required is fine but I wasn't expecting the device to turn itself on as soon as I fastened the battery on! And it's giving me a low battery warning every now and then.

Even stranger, having plugged it into the cradle to charge I turned the backlight off only for activesync to sound a disconnect. Not a problem but then 30seconds later the screen comes back on and activesync once again connects.

Wierd...

Guest Pondrew
Couple of weeks ?!?

Should have got a Jam from the MoDaCo shop. Ordered last night, arrives tomorrow  :D

Seriously though, will look forward to hearing how you get on with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah! I can answer that one. Had to leave Orange for a provider with signal at home and so it had to be a subsidised handset. Missed the initial Expansys deal for the Jam and also wanted the QWERTY keyboard wifi so chose the Blue Angel over the Magician.

Guest TigerNet

...the low battery warning will keep coming up until the back up battery is charged (this prevents data loss)...after that it will be fine...

Cheers

Nick

Guest Pondrew
...the low battery warning will keep coming up until the back up battery is charged (this prevents data loss)...after that it will be fine...

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Tigernet, just as your say it's now fine.

I'm loving Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Pocket PC PE. Was having a play with bluetooth and it made me realise how AWFUL the E200s implementation is. Also surprised at how usable, even without the stylus, the touch screen is.

Already downloaded Microsoft Money 2005 for Pocket PC to accompany my Desktop version. My activesync categories has gone up from 4 to 8! Why can't they pack these features into Smartphone?!

I've got a lot of installing to do over the next couple of days...

...need to find Pocket Scumm for Pocket PC and get a decent media player (is Betaplayer supported on Pocket PC format?).

Guest Chaser81

Yeah, betaplayer is available for pocket pc... In fact, I think it was available on Pocket Pc before it came to Smartphone! Pocket Scumm is my next port of call too!

Guest philgriffiths

Good to hear you've finally got your grubby mits on one Pondrew.. it seems ages that i've come on here everyday to hear the latest chapter of you ripping your hair out to get a Blue Angel. Do you find its smaller than you imagined? Just curious becuase i did when i got my M2000.

Guest Disco Stu
I'm a Pocket PC novice so this could take a while...

first question... the 8hours recharge that is required is fine but I wasn't expecting the device to turn itself on as soon as I fastened the battery on! And it's giving me a low battery warning every now and then.

Even stranger, having plugged it into the cradle to charge I turned the backlight off only for activesync to sound a disconnect. Not a problem but then 30seconds later the screen comes back on and activesync once again connects.

Wierd...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wish I'd read this before putting the battery in my Jam :roll: :D

Guest Pondrew
Good to hear you've finally got your grubby mits on one Pondrew.. it seems ages that i've come on here everyday to hear the latest chapter of you ripping your hair out to get a Blue Angel. Do you find its smaller than you imagined? Just curious becuase i did when i got my M2000.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely! First time I held an MDA III was in computer exchange and I was pleasantly surprised. After all, since the Jam came out people are repeatedly dismissing this as too big. Compared to the very latest lesser equipped PDAs maybe (including the JAM, remember the JAM misses Wifi and the full 128meg memory even after ignoring the lack of qwerty keyboard) but given this is my first PDA and it looks no bigger (to me) then the XDA II I used to crave I'm happy.

Wish I'd read this before putting the battery in my Jam  :roll:  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe. Experience is everything so next time(!) I get a new PDA will be a doddle!

Guest martinlaidlaw

Good to see you got the MDA okay from Onestop. Pondrew

Thinking of getting that deal myself, Just thought I'd wait until you got yours okay! :D

Do T mobile have any decent GPRS packages that you can add on?

Would prefer to get a blue angel cheap and also reduce my contract from a 400min xnet to 200min type deal. Don't think Orange would do that for me with an M2000 (not that they have any!)

cheers

Martin

Phone history - Original SPV, Moto MPX200

Guest Pondrew
Do T mobile have any decent GPRS packages that you can add on?

cheers

Martin

Phone history - Original SPV, Moto MPX200

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not as good value as Orange but they do do bundles. Make sure you get one as their pay as you go rate for GPRS is a rip off (something like £7.50 a meg!). I've signed onto the 10meg for £15 bundle but they apparently do a 3meg for £5...

Guest Chaser81
Not as good value as Orange but they do do bundles. Make sure you get one as their pay as you go rate for GPRS is a rip off (something like £7.50 a meg!). I've signed onto the 10meg for £15 bundle but they apparently do a 3meg for £5...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe! You should have been on T-Mobile after GPRS was first launched a couple of years ago, I was. They were charging 2 pence per kilobyte for it. I went mad and used 5MB in one month.... Just 5MB.... Done the math yet? Thats right! £100 for 5MB GPRS!! Still think £7.50/MB is a rip off!!! :evil:

Guest Pondrew
Hehe! You should have been on T-Mobile after GPRS was first launched a couple of years ago, I was. They were charging 2 pence per kilobyte for it. I went mad and used 5MB in one month.... Just 5MB.... Done the math yet? Thats right! £100 for 5MB GPRS!! Still think £7.50/MB is a rip off!!!  :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Streuth! I hear they once did a promotion where it was (almost) unlimited usage for a set fee (£10?). Remember being tempted back then...