MDA Compact and SDA in UK

Guest dom

The MDA Compact and SDA now appear to be available in the UK!

The MDA Compact is T-Mobile's 'version' of the iMate Jam, and the SDA is rather like an SPV C500 with additional T-Mobile buttons.

I have ordered an MDA Compact from Scancom.co.uk and it should be waiting for me at home (I hope :D).

I've heard of people picking them up at other places too this week... so T-Mobile subscribers, welcome to the Smartphone club :D

Guest agent.m

help a brother out here please :D apart from the said website our dear friend informed about has anyone got there hands on an sda on a non business contract and not off ebay. and if so where????

Edited by agent.m

Guest Pondrew

Hmmm... just been doing some searching online and I can't find the SDA being sold anywhere... also T-Mobile's website yesterday still featured it on the 'coming soon' page. Now their website isn't work...

I hope you're right because it's been a LONG wait and I used to want the SDA bad. Now I've got the MDA III I'm not so sure... :?:

EDIT: Would probably help if I read the post wouldn't it! Wonder why Sancom get this before everyone else :?:

Edited by Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

UPDATE: T-Mobile have taken the MDA Compact and the SDA off their coming soon screen! Looks like Smartphone is finally supported by a service provider other then Orange!

In the meantime I've decided even if I can get the SDA free of charge I can't afford the £250 the contract would saddle me with (only just signed up for Relax 200 for the MDA III which at £25 I'm more then happy with...)

Edited by Pondrew

Guest shadamehr

Pondrew,

Are you saying it's now on the site to buy, or now NOT on the site at all, whilst it gets moved from coming soon, into the proper to buy section.

As I can't find it.

Share a link?

Guest Pondrew
Pondrew,

Are you saying it's now on the site to buy, or now NOT on the site at all, whilst it gets moved from coming soon, into the proper to buy section.

As I can't find it.

Share a link?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry mate, in truth I'm taking their having moved it out of the coming soon section to mean it's launch is in progress. It's still NOT listed as available.

Only place I can find claiming to have the SDA in stock is Scancom.co.uk

Guest agent.m

this is where i get really thick :D when they say half price line rental e.g.

"Freetime 750 12 months : £18 pm 3 months half price"

am i paying 9 pounds for 3 months or am i paying 36 pounds after 3 months???

Guest Gorskar

That MDA Compact (magician) is damn cheap - not much more than the SDA. I'm seriously tempted :D

Will have to check my back balance after the weekend :D

Guest Pondrew
That MDA Compact (magician) is damn cheap - not much more than the SDA. I'm seriously tempted :lol:

Will have to check my back balance after the weekend :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not so convinced myself Gorskar just in that the HTC Magician does tend to retail (in it's various forms) quite a bit cheaper then the more feature packed HTC Blue Angel. Given you can get the Blue Angel on T-Mobile for £25-50 lots of places the £20 for the MDA Compact doesn't seem so great...

Guest Pondrew
dont want to sound like a sceptic but is this company for real. Just dont want to be conned like i did last year with the mpx100  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The MDA compacts have apparently started arriving with folks who order it... BUT I'm more curious as to the SDA...

Guest agent.m
I got mine this morning. They seem to be legit and they've actually been around for ages.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what did you get sda or mda???? just ordered my sda so fingers crossed :lol:

Edited by agent.m

Guest agent.m

well spoke to someone at scancom who said they have a good partnership with T-Mobiles so they were able to get their hands on a limited amount of SDA's before others. :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.