Analysis of the HTC-Soundbug (tsss-noise)

Guest bazzo

Guest tsss_tsss
Analysis of the audio-bug on HTC Smartphones

...also known as "tsssss-noise"

Bump.

Have there been any recent developments on this issue? Or has HTC/Orange/T-Mobile swept it under the carpet? :evil:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PeterDLai

Oh my gosh I just listened to that sound file in the first post and the sound FREAKS ME OUT everytime!

I'm not so sure about wanting an Audiovox SMT5600 anymore. I originally wanted it for its MP3 playing capabilities.

Guest flywest
Oh my gosh I just listened to that sound file in the first post and the sound FREAKS ME OUT everytime!

I'm not so sure about wanting an Audiovox SMT5600 anymore. I originally wanted it for its MP3 playing capabilities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really wanted this phone for the mp3 also. My new Audiovox smt5600 has the tsss. bug and im thinking about exchanging and trying another smt5600. Is it possible that my next 5600 wont have the tsss bug???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nvkid909

just got back into smartphone (c500). im not too bothered about these issues because as with my previous one (e100), the battery isnt great if you want to use media player AND surf the net on it, ie, travelling on a day out. its ok for short commutes to work. for tunes, ipod is much better.

i have noticed the bad sound quality of the video audio, too. dont think it'll replace my other gadgets somehow!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wastedyuthe

With the C550 due next month, does anyone know if we will see the same problem with that one?

Are there any smartphones as good as this one but without this problem?

Guest rafa_sims7

Hi guys,

I just read the topic that's here for some months now, and I see there is no fix for the bug....

Anyway... what about the properties and the "speed" of our mini SD cards? Any influence on the TSSS thing?

I have my second SDA Music now and in both of them the bug apperas more often when I use a large (512 MB or 1 GB) mini SD.....

It was just a tought.... :?:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've got the same error too. I listened the attachment you added and it's really annoying. It's only sometimes you don't hear it so well, but you know it's there. Let's hope for a fix really soon ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Strange... I have two Sp3i phones.

The first version (with joystick bug)

SW version 1.2.33.21

NO hissing sound

The latest version (fixed version, HT5)

SW version 2.3.33.21

Hissing sound at the end of every sound event

Guest ant-125
ooops  8-[

What is it then? New bug?

Here is what I get. The bug follows cca 500 msec after the sound event.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you read first post in this topic?

The bug appeares all 16,680s and lasts 110ms.

Please, play 1000Hz sinetone on your "good" Sp3i.

• 1 month later...
Guest damonb10
Did you read first post in this topic?

Please, play 1000Hz sinetone on your "good" Sp3i.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since buying a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor to use some regular headphones, I can now detect a constant hiss during playback of music on my SMT5600. I'm not sure, but in reading this thread it appears that the tsss noise bug is a cyclic sound every 10-14 seconds. I'm hearing a constant low volume hiss. I'm trying to determine if it is the adaptor, headphones, or the phone itself.

Could someone clairfy what the soundbug (as discussed in this thread) actually is?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Solaris_irc

Damn you HTC!!!! I love my Sp3i but I hate the freking sound!!!! it's making me mad!!!! if the were a way to fix it... it will be an almost perfect phone cause the sound it's great (exept for the bug)

Did HTC has said someting about this?