MPx220 Microphone not working

Guest jerryksf

Guest jerryksf

Has anyone else had a problem placing or receiving a call and the microphone isn't working. During a call, on the screen there is an icon with a picture of a mic with a red "x" through it. I've looked everywhere for a function that relates to this, but the closest I can come is the Mute/Unmute function which does not change this. The really annoying thing is that the red "x" mic only shows up once you are in a call, so until then you have no idea that the mic is off. Then you play the "can you hear me" game until you're ready to throw the thing across the room. The last time it did it I powered on and off twice and pressed several buttons in-between, so I have no idea how I finally got it to work again.

Any clue?

• 2 years later...
Has anyone else had a problem placing or receiving a call and the microphone isn't working. During a call, on the screen there is an icon with a picture of a mic with a red "x" through it. I've looked everywhere for a function that relates to this, but the closest I can come is the Mute/Unmute function which does not change this. The really annoying thing is that the red "x" mic only shows up once you are in a call, so until then you have no idea that the mic is off. Then you play the "can you hear me" game until you're ready to throw the thing across the room. The last time it did it I powered on and off twice and pressed several buttons in-between, so I have no idea how I finally got it to work again.

Any clue?

I have no idea what may have been your problem, but if it happens again, try it through a headset or bluetooth before you go postal on your phone.