Does anyone watch 24?

Guest Imacellphone

Guest Imacellphone

I'm not sure if its aired internationally, but does anyone watch 24 in here? Just thought I'd give it a shot with a thread in case we had a few enthusiasts on board.

Guest philgriffiths

I watch 24 and think its great!

bbb678, you dont really need to watch all the previous series to enjoy the latest one (which in the UK is on Sky One on sundays at 9 p.m.), since they are all pretty much stand alone stuff. You might want to watch the episodes from the current series that you have missed tho, otherwise you might not follow whats going on straight away.

i think there are three series out on dvd at the moment, in the UK at least. I would recommend you watch them at some point, since they are good enetertainment, but its a hell of a lot of time infront of the tv to watch all three series!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Series (Day) 4 is on now and is getting a lot better, but tbh you don't need to watch any previous series other than background on Tony Almeida and Jack Bauer, and again that isn't critical, other than that every other character sao far is new!

Overal its a great series, definately watch it (from episode 1!) :lol:

Guest Imacellphone

Yeah....you should def watch the previous seasons when you have the time to do so. it isn't necessary to understanding the plot though. definitely check it out. what do you all think of this season?

Guest philgriffiths
Series (Day) 4 is on now and is getting a lot better, but tbh you don't need to watch any previous series other than background on Tony Almeida and Jack Bauer, and again that isn't critical, other than that every other character sao far is new!

Overal its a great series, definately watch it (from episode 1!) :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't seen Tony in the the new series yet. Have i missed something?

Guest Chaser81

I watched the first series and loved it.... Watched about half the second series and gave up... Watched the first episode from the third.... Anyone seeing a pattern? I guess it just didnt grip me as much as the first series did.

Guest mike-oh

yes 24 is excellent!

You should definitely watch the previous series. i don't have sky but a friend of mine keeps passing me the latest episodes on cd and i've noooo idea where he's getting them from. Honest! :lol:

Edited by mike-oh

Guest spacecowboy6982

I saw an advert in the Sun Newspaper :lol: and it was advertising the first three series for £16.99 EACH :!: :!: :!:

Offer shut today though :!:

Guest peekie

Iam suprised you guys in the uk are watching early episodes , according to the anti pirates site 24 is being downloaded each week a day after the us screens it said 20,000 brits are downloading it :D ;)

Guest philgriffiths
Iam suprised you guys in the uk are watching early episodes , according to the anti pirates site 24 is being  downloaded each week a day after the us screens it said 20,000 brits are downloading it  :D  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally i find its a trade off between how long your prepared to wait to see the next episode and viewing quality. A download off the interent i think will either take ages to download or will be lower quality than the digital picture i'm watching 24 on normal Telly programming. I suppose i was in the lucky position of not even knowing when the latest series was coming on in the UK (and was presumably at the time already showing in the US) until i saw an advert for it about week before the first episode while i was at the Gym. If only it was on without adverts! :x

Guest mike-oh
Personally i find its a trade off between how long your prepared to wait to see the next episode and viewing quality. A download off the interent i think will either take ages to download or will be lower quality than the digital picture i'm watching 24 on normal Telly programming. I suppose i was in the lucky position of not even knowing when the latest series was coming on in the UK (and was presumably at the time already showing in the US) until i saw an advert for it about week before the first episode while i was at the Gym. If only it was on without adverts!  :x

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The quality of the episodes i've been given are excellent! and it's not me waiting to d/load them so i don't care!

PS: piracy is wrong!

Guest Matt Kirby

Firstly, as Mike said, piracy is wrong! (but then so is drinking too much beer!)

Apparently (so a "friend" told me! :D ) the quality of downloaded TV shows is almost indistingushable from UK Digital broadcasts or DVD, in fact some of the shows are encoded from US HDTV broadcasts, so even after conversion the quality is superb.

As for the waiting - with a broadband connection (alledgedy!) its only a matter of hours to get an epsiode of a US show, with some versions often available within hours of the broadcast (better versions are usually available within a day or so).

With 24 the gap between US and UK transmission is only a matter of weeks, but with other shows (such as "The West Wing") the gap can be several months (in fact AFAIK Channel 4 has the rights for series 6 (now being broadcast in the US) but has no firm UK transmission date yet).

At lest that's what my "friend" told me...

Guest mike-oh

here's a screen shot to show the quality of a clip. This may be a clip from the d/loaded new season or from one of the others that i own on dvd..... I'm not saying which cos i don't want to incure any wrath!

I'll let you decide :D ;) nudge nudge.

post-1982-1109801228_thumb.jpg

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
With 24 the gap between US and UK transmission is only a matter of weeks, but with other shows (such as "The West Wing") the gap can be several months (in fact AFAIK Channel 4 has the rights for series 6 (now being broadcast in the US) but has no firm UK transmission date yet).

Ch4 have only just finished showing S4 of the West Wing!

Guest Matt Kirby
Ch4 have only just finished showing S4 of the West Wing!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup! So while "my friend" is watching series 6, C4 still have to broadcast the 20 odd episodes of series 5 (obviously with a suitable gap) before starting series 6! Months? Years? Who knows!

That is of course assuming that they intend to continue broadcasting The West Wing....

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Ye, i personally i am not that impressed with series 5, its getting better (i'm up to ep 17 or so), but the first half was boring tbh. Here's hoping s5 finishes off well and s6 gets them back on track :D