Accessories for M2000 and other varients eg XDAIII

Guest deadphill

Guest deadphill

Hi

Id like to start a thread so that I and many others can post to find out now that I have just got my m2000, where the hell I can accessorise it. Primarially Im looking for an in car holder and then also a decent case for it, the type that folds out. If anyone else can suggest other places to get stuff for it please post here so that we can all share in the wealth of information!

Thanks

Phill

:lol:

Guest andyr27
Hi

Id like to start a thread so that I and many others can post to find out now that I have just got my m2000, where the hell I can accessorise it. Primarially Im looking for an in car holder and then also a decent case for it, the type that folds out. If anyone else can suggest other places to get stuff for it please post here so that we can all share in the wealth of information!

Thanks

Phill

:lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try PDA mods. They have an in-car holder looks neat so I have ordered one.

Guest Wozbacca

i wandered past an o2 store and saw they had a car holder for the xda. it fits the m2000 fine and is pretty good. sterdy sucker thing sticking to the wind screen and it was only £10.99

got some screen protectors when i was there too, £5.99

Guest deadphill

yea tried there, not a lot going on for the m2000. Ultimatley Id love one of those brushed aluminium cases but they only have that for the m1000. I suppose no one has asked for one yet because they never knew when they would get one!!!

Any more ideas? Im going to walk past the o2 shop today I think see what they have!

Thanks

Phill

Guest Pondrew

MoDaCo is partners with a few accessories stores online. If you join Plus you even get 10 to 20 % off.

Why do I mention this? I remember seeing metal holders for the XDAIIs/MDA III/M2000 along with other types of case.

Search around the recent announcments of new partners...

great idea !

i had lots of fun (not!) finding accessories

here are some links of interest

http://shop.brando.com.hk/o2xda.php - a variety of cases for XDA2s

http://etxquc.simplyonline.com/searchpage....FTOKEN=47217406 - some new high powered batteries for the XDA2s (I have the 2200mah on order)

http://www.ebcases.com/Search.bok - another case supplier

http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/ - ANOTHER case supplier - these are nice, they are holster slip in cases rather than the normal dog ear variety!

http://www.doml.com/product.asp?id=1598 - simply the best screen protector money can buy, you won't know the difference between screen and protector - promise !

http://www.handnav.co.uk/product_details.php?id=103 - a great car charging cradle for the XDAIIs - with no screw mounting options as well......

hope this helps others !!

Guest deadphill

Yea I know I get confused. I meant the xda IIi. bloody thing!

I went to o2 today and got a plasticy holder for about a tenner. I still want one of those ali brushed cases for it though. Any idea when we could expect to see some?

Phill

Guest Pondrew
Yea I know I get confused. I meant the xda IIi. bloody thing!

I went to o2 today and got a plasticy holder for about a tenner. I still want one of those ali brushed cases for it though. Any idea when we could expect to see some?

Phill

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok. Personally I wouldn't call the HTC Alpine (XDA IIi) a Blue Angel (M2000) varient but no big...

Guest deadphill

Well I thought it was a xda IIi but maybe im confusing it for the xda IIs. I saw one in the o2 shop the other day and thought it could be that. Anyway Im still on the look out for a good case. Does anyone have any experience of getting an xda or m1000 etc and how long it takes to get these kind of products onto the market?

Cheers

Phill

Guest xtyalis
I still want one of those ali brushed cases for it though. Any idea when we could expect to see some?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just bought the Proporta (UK) aluminium case (£24.95) for my M2000, which is also made and sold by Innopocket in the US:

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=994&t_mode=des

I like it because:

- it doesn't bulk up the M2000 much more than it already is

- you can use the phone features without opening the case (although I had to remap the voice record button to open my Contacts)

- you can read the whole screen through the clear plastic window

- front cover flips up and over like a Star Trek communicator when you want to use the M2000

- when open, you can then use the QWERTY keyboard, reset button, data socket etc without removing it from the case

- it's tough as nuts (I wanted a tough case having previously squished a Palm Pilot in my pocket. I would pretty confidently STAND on my M2000 inside this case! Haven't tried that though...)

- even thgough it's metal, it doesn't seem to appreciably diminish the signal strength

On the slight negative side

- I haven't felt confident enough to use the belt clip. It's a plastic job which attaches to a screw-in metal post. It doesn't look like it would last long in heavy use. Instead I just slip the case in my pocket, which is fine because I know I'm not going to squish it. It would be great if you could get a matching metal belt clip - the clip on the basic Orange-supplied case was pretty good, I thought.

- It does make the unit a little bit (but not much) bigger and heavier. If you felt embarrassed holding the M2000 up to your ear before, this is even sillier. Could get a bluetooth headset, I suppose, but they look pretty silly too!

Overall, I'm very happy with it!

Also got a Martin Fields screen protector which has very good reviews. It's very clear but a bit reflective. £8.99 seemed the best UK price:

http://www.fonejunkie.com/product_info.php?products_id=363

Try PDA mods. They have an in-car holder looks neat so I have ordered one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My M2000 in-car cradle from PDA-Mods was (was) excellent until it stopped working last weekend.

3rd email trying to get an reply with the returns/replacement details, not heard a thing!!!

Its a great charger/in-car cradle and for co-pilot etc the screen position is fab, two mounts in the package vent and suction, choice is urs.

All said and done i dont fancy another blankety blank CS response from PDA mods like we all just suffered with O in getting the fockers!!!

Guest philgriffiths

i Think a lot of people tend to use these holders either as part of a Sat Nav Soloution, or with one of the parrot handsfree kits for actually using their phone while driving

Guest deadphill

xtyalis

Thanks for the tip mate. Could you upload a photo to show how this cover looks on the m2000? I can only see what it looks like on another model and Im a bit uneasy about ordering it.

Cheers

Phill

Guest xtyalis
Could you upload a photo to show how this cover looks on the m2000? I can only see what it looks like on another model and Im a bit uneasy about ordering it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here you go... (Image attached)

post-108604-1109181451_thumb.jpg

Do you need some sort of audio hookup, or is hands-free good enough on the phone itself for using in a cradle while driving?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fraser to be honest as philgriffiths stated i do really use the cradle more for the purpose of CoPilot sat nav, but also i was lost on where to put the huge butch when i didnt have the cradle, so now or when i get my replacement cradle at least it always goes there.

For phonecalls i use my motorola bluetooth headset, but i have used it on speakerphone in the cradle and i can hear them just fine, as for the caller hearing me if i'm not shouting? not so good.

The plus of the pdamods cradle is however a port on the side of the device which a proper in car handsfree set or radio would utilise, so the functions are there for a reasonable price

Guest pride429

Thanks for the tip - have ordered one and a screen protector as well. Now just got to wait till Monday to get my M2000

Here you go... (Image attached)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info on the car kit's folks. Think if I do get one, I'll get one with a mic then.

I might even disassemble the sync dock for it; I've noticed it has a microphone. It could be possible to wire this into a directional mic in the car from the charger port, pointing to the drivers head. So, it would be a fairly cheap car kit, just the holder, charger and a hacked-on external mic.

Guest deadphill

hi

I got the car holder from o2 and its ok but the damn thing keeps bugging me by making a nice vibration when i dont have the phone in the cradle and the thing doesnt stay still. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Phill

Guest deadphill

Yea might give that a go although its not exactly an acceptable fix! Think Im going to have to bite the bullet and whack it on ebay unless anyone else wants it?

Phill

Guest c0v0c

I know this is a bit of a dead topic but....

Pdamods sent out a complete replacement M2000 in car cradle and charger etc upon reciept of my existing faulty one. (1week turnaround)

On my e200 in car charger it was absolute pony, i didnt so much charge as more sustain any further battery drainage.

this pdamods distributed charger is a treat though, i can use the copilot coupled with bluetooth calls at the same time and the cradle still ends up leaving my phone with a better battery than when i got in the motor.

Its like the carlsberg of chargers mate...

a final note i rarely use my cars, prefer my motorbike, still looking for a cradle for that LOL...