Accessories for M2000 and other varients eg XDAIII

Guest deadphill

Guest deadphill

Excellent news

On the plus side, I e-mailed them and apparently they are going to get in stock a brushed ali case specifically for the m2000. Just what Ive been wanting!

When I see it or get more news Ill let you all know. Meanwhile please keep your eyes and ears peeled and post anything you see on your travels!

Cheers

Phill

• 3 weeks later...
Guest deadphill

Im still waiting I have been assured as soon as they get them I will get an e-mail. I would imagine with easter coming up that might have a part to play.

As for a full car kit ive discovered www.thb.de if you want a car kit. they supply a hard wired kit and then the cradles for pretty much any phone. Being as work have supplied me with a brand spanking new c500 its great, as I can just change the cradle and get one for my m2000 and hey presto in car holder and hands free!

If anyone gets one before I get mine installed let me know!

Phill

Guest andy_mac
Fraser to be honest as philgriffiths stated i do really use the cradle more for the purpose of CoPilot sat nav, but also i was lost on where to put the huge butch when i didnt have the cradle, so now or when i get my replacement cradle at least it always goes there.

For phonecalls i use my motorola bluetooth headset, but i have used it on speakerphone in the cradle and i can hear them just fine, as for the caller hearing me if i'm not shouting? not so good.

The plus of the pdamods cradle is however a port on the side of the device which a proper in car handsfree set or radio would utilise, so the functions are there for a reasonable price

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

slightly off topic - any particular reason you chose CoPilot as opposed to say TomTom to use with you M2000? (i.e. did having an M2000 as opposed to a 'normal' pda affect your decision)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest c0v0c
slightly off topic - any particular reason you chose CoPilot as opposed to say TomTom to use with you M2000? (i.e. did having an M2000 as opposed to a 'normal' pda affect your decision)

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Andy,

Brought Co-Pilot in Modaco shop for SPV E200 b4 so had previous experience.

Have to say bluetooth GPS module was SHE-ITE when communicating with the e200, however with the M2000 its absolutely solid!!!!

Put the old Steven Hawkins Voice Directional Male voice on and it even reads ur destinations name FFS.

BTW. No experience of TOMTOM but did see a top-gear-esque program on box and TOMTOM looked PANTS compared to Co-Pilot

Guest xtyalis
Does the PDA fit snug in the case when you have it open to use the keyboard?  It looks like it will fall out if you do not hold them both, is that the case?

It's pretty snug. You sort of snap it in at the bottom and then the top. There are two little prongs that grip the sides near the top. I just tried turning it upside down with the lid open and it didn't fall out unless you shook it a bit. In normal usage I've never had it fall out unexpectedly.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest deadphill

Still not heard a thing from PDAmods.

However I think I have changed my mind on a case. Anyone know if there is an m2000 rubbery style casing available for this handset? To be honest that would be the preferential model!

Cheers

Phill

Guest daron
Still not heard a thing from PDAmods.

However I think I have changed my mind on a case. Anyone know if there is an m2000 rubbery style casing available for this handset? To be honest that would be the preferential model!

Cheers

Phill

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

I've been looking for a silicone cas for some time now, without any luck. The biggest hurdle in my opinion is to produce a silicone case that will also cater for the slide down keyboard (which I very rarely use)

If anyone does find one. I think we will both be appreciative.

Cheers

Daron

Guest dcarbonetti

if you're after one of those alloy cases for an xdaIIs then may i sugest looking on ebay. im in australia and i got one for like $15AU incl postage to my door and it is new.

only complaint i have is the rubber dustcap for the earphone jact gets slaughtered when i use the headphones

• 2 weeks later...
Guest philgriffiths

I recentley bought one of the in car holders for my M2000 from PDAmods. at first it was fine but now the damn thing wont stay stuck to the windscreen! I've emailed them, but as yet i've not had a reply... any suggestions?

Guest justsomeone

hello all,

..regarding cases, this was what i said about my javoedge case:-

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...=0entry590718

..regarding screen protectors, this is what i said about my javoedge screen protector:-

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...=0entry590782

now i'm not too sure if this will be of any use to anyone, but hey, i'll post anything to get me from being called a 'newbie' ! <coughs> :roll: