PPCProfiles Pro

Guest bretto

Guest bretto

OK folks next step is to internationalise the beast.

Ive coded beta3 to take advantage of the devices regional settings. So simply put when you select French as your region you automatically get French text in the application. The default of course is English.

If anyone is capable I would greatly appreciate it if they would be kind enough to convert the following text into different languages.

Ive used bablefish but for some reason I get this niggling feeling that doing so will get me into trouble.

Here is the text just add the convertion underneath and pm me with it.

EDIT: removed long text and added an attached text file.

localization_text_english.txt

Edited by bretto

Guest bolasz
If anyone is capable I would greatly appreciate it if they would be kind enough to convert the following text into different languages.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi bretto,

What languages are you after?

Edited by bolasz

Guest bretto
What languages are you after?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At the moment French, German, Italian and Portuguese.

If there are any others people need let me know.

Thanks

Guest bretto

Thanks to Justme611 for the German translation and thanks to bamsemodaco for the swedish translation.

Hopefully in the near future I will have the Hungarian and Portuguses ones.

That leaves French and Itialian if any one is capable.

Guest bolasz
Hopefully in the near future I will have the Hungarian and Portuguses ones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats why I asked the other day what languages are you after...

Hungarian is on its way.

EDIT: I just realized, did you mean that somebody is already working on it?

Edited by bolasz

Guest bretto

Hi bolasz. If you have someone that can do hungarian by all means please ask them to translate for us. I had an offer to do it but I havent heard back as yet.

Actually any translations you guys want to add you can send to me and if the character set will allow the addition I will put the language in.

Guest travisb

Bretto, not sure if this is similar to the double profiles appearing following a soft reset, but everytime I do this, PPCProfiles disappears from my today screen.

Using 2.0.1c, installed to storage card on Orange SPV M2000 (WM2003 se).

Checked the registry and there doesn't appear to be anything odd. To get it to return I just select PPCProfilesOptions from the storage card folder, Choose a selection option, OK everything and it re-appears. This is happening consistantly.

Was wondering whether it was having it installed via the card rather than the device?

Guest bretto
Bretto, not sure if this is similar to the double profiles appearing following a soft reset, but everytime I do this, PPCProfiles disappears from my today screen.

Using 2.0.1c, installed to storage card on Orange SPV M2000 (WM2003 se).

Checked the registry and there doesn't appear to be anything odd. To get it to return I just select PPCProfilesOptions from the storage card folder, Choose a selection option, OK everything and it re-appears. This is happening consistantly.

Was wondering whether it was having it installed via the card rather than the device?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im told that Microsoft dont recommend installing any such programs on the storage card. Results can be unpredictable. One of the reasons given is that there can be a time lag from the card which could be what your experiencing.

Possibly remove the app and reinstall on the device and see if that corrrects things.

Guest bretto
Bretto,

A re-install in the default location has sorted it. Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad to hear it travisb. albeit now its not on your card.

All of us are trying to free up what little space we have on our devices so I hope that soon we will be able to. Cards and devices are getting faster.

Program memory too. Ive been using wm2005 on my imate II which only has 14mb of storage and 120mb allocated for running programs. The resulting speed and lack on program glitches is amazing. So with the Jam and other devices which have much less I can only imagine the headaches at times.

Actually wm2003se appears to have more memory problems than wm2003 and wm2005 put together. The sooner we can get off wm2003se the better I say.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Guest scottb

Hi bretto,

First let me say how much I like this application. I consider it a must-have for any PPC.

I'm a little confused about how the Auto profile is working (or not working) on my device. I use the text buttons on the Today screen to set the active profile.

Sometimes after a soft reset, the button on the left, which is usually a button with a "P" on it, changes to look like the Auto button on the right. When this happens, the button on the left is "bright" and the phone is in Auto mode. The button on the right is still "dark." I have not selected Auto mode, it just does this on its own.

If I tap the "real" auto button, the one on the right, it gets "bright", then I tap it again and it goes "dark." At this point the button on the left changes back to the "P" and all is well.

I am using a Samsung i730 with WM 2003 SE.

Guest bretto
Hi scottb

Thanks for that I have been able to reproduce this and have fixed it for the next beta which wont be too far away.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spoke too soon. Fixing this problem has highlighted other small display type issues so the next beta will be delayed till I can regain stability.

BTW the internationalisation works beautifully. Thanks to all who contributed.

Guest dan13l

Hi Bretto - Great app, I really like the option to run on the sys tray rather than the today screen.

Have you thought about including a setting for the sms tone?

Guest scottb

Bretto,

How do the PPC Profiles Pro notification settings get along with the Windows notifications settings? It seems like duplication that could cause some confusion. Does one override the other?

Here is whay I ask. I tried using the auto-switch template to change the profile in the morning and in the evening. It seems that when I do that, some of the notifications get changed. Specifically, the alarm gets changed from Alarm1 to Notify. I use Notify for email and text messages. I use Alarm1 for reminders and alarms. They both got set to Notify while auto-switch was active. After deactivating auto-switch, the notifications stayed the way I set them.

Guest bretto
Hi Bretto - Great app, I really like the option to run on the sys tray rather than the today screen.

Have you thought about including a setting for the sms tone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi dan13l

thanks for that. When you say sms tone are you talking about the text message alart? if so you can go into Advanced->Setup->Setup Notifications and select the text message item from the dropdown list. From there you can setup whatever sound you like from the list of available sounds.

Also if you want to vibrate, flash the light and display a message on screen.

This has to be done for each profile as they can have different alerts.

Hope this helps.

Guest bretto
Bretto,

How do the PPC Profiles Pro notification settings get along with the Windows notifications settings?  It seems like duplication that could cause some confusion.  Does one override the other?

Here is whay I ask.  I tried using the auto-switch template to change the profile in the morning and in the evening.  It seems that when I do that, some of the notifications get changed.  Specifically, the alarm gets changed from Alarm1 to Notify.  I use Notify for email and text messages.  I use Alarm1 for reminders and alarms.  They both got set to Notify while auto-switch was active.  After deactivating auto-switch, the notifications stayed the way I set them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi scottb

For each profile you might need to go into Advanced->Setup->Setup Notifications and set the desired items for each notification.

Each system notification has a registry key. Each notification registry key has a sound and options associated. play, vibrate, etc. PPCProfiles-Pro simply finds out what keys are on the system and adds a copy to each profile in order to personalise each notification per profile.

Here is how it works.

The very first time you go into the setup notifications screen the current system notification settings are copied to each profile. After that any time you go into setup notifications only new notifications will be added, the existing ones are left untouched until you modify them. If you add a new profile then you must also go and setup the notifications for it.

You can make changes to individual notifications for each profile at any time but then you must reselect the profile to make the changes become active in the system if desired.

When you select a profile the system notification registry settings are changed to be the same as the selected profiles settings. If the notification doesnt exist in the profile the system values are not changed.

I was setting everything up automatically way back when but was asked to take that out to allow everything to be more flexible. But with flexibility comes a bit more setup.

If there is enough call for it I am happy to automate things more.

Hope this makes sense.

Guest dan13l
Hi dan13l

thanks for that. When you say sms tone are you talking about the text message alart?

Hope this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome, I didn't notice it in there at first :) Thanks for pointing that out, you're a gentleman and a scholar ;)

Guest scottb

Bretto,

Please let me know of any progress on the duplicate auto button issue. I had to remove v3 beta and go back to the v2 release. The problem was pretty random and would cause me to miss notifications and calls.

Thanks again for all your work on this.

Guest bretto
Bretto,

Please let me know of any progress on the duplicate auto button issue.  I had to remove v3 beta and go back to the v2 release.  The problem was pretty random and would cause me to miss notifications and calls.

Thanks again for all your work on this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problems I'll let you know as soon as I get it sorted out. The problem I found was that the auto sync option could be envoked at startup (soft reset) when it shouldnt be and without the rest of the system knowing about it. The fix is easy but when the fix is introduced there are all sorts of other random display problems. Just too unstable to let it escape so a bit of a redesign is underway.

There are also a couple of other bugs which I need to fix before releasing which I will do also.

With regard to the notifications I think I will change the setup program to create the required entries in PPCPPro so they are at least there when the system is first installed. They will of course be set to whatever options are currently in use by the device.

Guest bretto
Awesome, I didn't notice it in there at first :) Thanks for pointing that out, you're a gentleman and a scholar ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad to hear your sorted out. Just noticed my terrible spelling so you might be hasty with the scholar part :(

Guest dan13l

Hi Bretto - I've been playing with the latest beta (I had to rebuild my phone, so I thought I'd put the latest beta on for a laugh!) and I think I found a bug...

When I try to change the ringtone location, I can only select windows, storage, or storage card - I can't specify my own directory on one of these locations (even if I select custom). It keeps reverting back to just "storage\" or "storage card\".

If I set it to storage card and put the files in the root of my card, it works fine though.

Is there any way you can do a similar thing for notification sounds? It would be really handy if I could select those from a location on my storage card too...

Nice to see the scheduled profile changes in the beta, I was going to ask about that :)

Guest aeror

Hi Bretto,

I only wanted to ask if it is possible to extend the application a bit and add the name of the current network + signal strength to the today screen.

Guest bretto

Hi dan13l

Make sure you start and finish your custom location with a backslash (\) which should solve things.

I'll have a look at the notifications and see if they can cope with being on the card.