My Calendar Homescreen

Guest luckyowner

Guest luckyowner

[397]homeview_en.jpg

File Name :: My Calendar Homescreen

Author :: luckyowner

Category :: Other

Description ::

My second expriment on homescreen of my smart.

Used plugins:

1. icon bar (standard)

2. mru (standard)

3. carrier (standard)

4. profile (standard)

5. calendar (bundled in hme)

I replaced weekday names with english ones.

New version of plugin added

Updated Mon, Apr 25 2005 9:54 am

View File

Guest drblow

:shock: Wow!!

Thats fantastic!! :D But I'm a little confused? Have you created this plugin as well as the homescreen layout? I've never seen the plugin before!

Guest drblow
drblow: Yes, I've created this plugin :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent work fella! Is there any chance you could post the plugin as an install file of it's own? And is there any possibility of extending the use of it - it would be fantastic to be able to scroll through days in the calendar, and link it to the calendar application.

Guest luckyowner

drblow: Yes, I can provide cab install for this plugin.

You can scroll through months of year (left right keys) and return to the current month by pressing the action key. Unfortunately, there are only three keys action available for screen plugin. I can add XML property to change action key behaviour (open calend app or return to current month), but a few days later.

Of course, you can personalize this plugin view through XML layout correction of homescreen. You can:

- change the weekday names (1-3 letters abbrev list) ( tag)

- change month name view and position ( tag)

- change year view and position ( tag)

- change view and position of month cells ( tag)

- you can set pos and view of weekday names using

tag within

- you can even add line delimeters for month cell ( tag within )

- view for selected and non selected state can be different

Guest drblow

That's great! :D

Do you plan to extend the functionality of the plugin? It would be absolutely amazing to combine the functions of your plugin with the scrolling appts plugin, for example, or even just display the next upcoming appt. But even the ability to use the action key to enter the calendar app would be good - but could the actual application be specified, ie opening papyrus/power calendar instead of the default?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@luckyowner

Great! ;)

So how would you call your plugin? This should be included to the Main Customisation Section.

EDIT: Nice to see your homescreen/plugin at the Portal Section. Keep up the good work. :D

Guest luckyowner
That's great!  :D

Do you plan to extend the functionality of the plugin?  It would be absolutely amazing to combine the functions of your plugin with the scrolling appts plugin, for example, or even just display the next upcoming appt.  But even the ability to use the action key to enter the calendar app would be good - but could the actual application be specified, ie opening papyrus/power calendar instead of the default?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I would extend functionality in future. My aim was to create a lightweight plugin that will show me the day of week and month layout to plan something.

I think that I can append the tag to set up action button functionality few days later. That is you can manually set path to call application within XML layout.

I've planned to implement appointment list feature, but later ;)

Guest JLang

File Name :: My Calendar Homescreen

Author :: luckyowner

I like it! Have a couple comments though:

Why does it arbitrarly change the time to 24hour instead of following the system setings for time (still set to AM/PM in my Regional Settings).

It doesn't seem to do anything to show upcoming appointments, which I consider a lot more important then showing which profile is active (though I'd prefer to see both)...

If those two things are fixed (plus maybe a way to show emails and SMSs when they arrive like the default screen does) I'd switch to this in a heartbeat!

Edited by JLang

Guest Disco Stu
I'm kind of a n00b, how do i install this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Download file to PC - click "View File" in the original post and follow instructions.

Connect phone to PC with ActiveSync and copy hme file to \Storage \Windows \Start Menu \Accessories.

Now go to the Accessories folder in the phone's Programs menu and click on the icon for the hme file.

Homescreen will now install itself :D

Guest carmel
Download file to PC - click "View File" in the original post and follow instructions.

Connect phone to PC with ActiveSync and copy hme file to \Storage \Windows \Start Menu \Accessories.

Now go to the Accessories folder in the phone's Programs menu and click on the icon for the hme file.

Homescreen will now install itself  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

great plugin , and thanks to Disco stu too, i have just installed it easily. My first sucessful plugin.

Guest luckyowner

Zip in attachment contains cab installer of plugin (without homescreen) and short description (TXT) of XML formatting for this plugin. Any comments are welcome.

calendarplugin.zip

Edited by luckyowner

Guest JLang

I tried to add the things I'd asked about myself yesterday, but couldn't figure out how to modify the files in this thread with (Ruttensoft's) Homescreen Designer. Is there an easy way to do this, or there other versions of this homescreen with the things I need?

Guest luckyowner
I tried to add the things I'd asked about myself yesterday, but couldn't figure out how to modify the files in this thread with (Ruttensoft's) Homescreen Designer.  Is there an easy way to do this, or there other versions of this homescreen with the things I need?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think HSDesigner knows nothing about custom plugin with month layout. Use notepad.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.