Mitac Mio 8380 Flashing

Guest hulkster

Guest hulkster

I was stupid and flashed the file:

(LINK REMOVED)

to my mio 8380 thinking I would get wm2003 on it, and now when I turn it on it hangs on the power on screen. Nothing comes up or anything. I tried holding down the volume down button and pressing the power button to get to that blue update screen with no luck.

Is there another way to force any rom on the phone? Possible another combination of techniques to update the phone again? I hate to have the phone as a paperweight. Please help, will pay if needed :D

Edited by hulkster

Guest bladerun
I was stupid and flashed the file:

(LINK REMOVED)

to my mio 8380 thinking I would get wm2003 on it, and now when I turn it on it hangs on the power on screen. Nothing comes up or anything. I tried holding down the volume down button and pressing the power button to get to that blue update screen with no luck.

Is there another way to force any rom on the phone? Possible another combination of techniques to update the phone again? I hate to have the phone as a paperweight. Please help, will pay if needed  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you flash an 8380 with the 8390 rom??? :shock:

Argh, I don't think there's a way to re-flash it because you need an usb connection and it is initialized during the bootstrap...

Maybe you should bring your phone to a Mitac center...

Guest hulkster

Yeah, I used that mio 8390 rom on the forum to flash it with my mio 8380 phone.

Only problem is that don't know if there is a mio service center here in US.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest 123callme

I also accidently flashed my 8380 to 8390 software and i turn it on and it goes into a black screen and stays there i tried hard and soft resets nothing works i am located in Canada and i was wondering if any1 can provide me with any mio support number at all that i can ship it to even if i have to ship it overseas or to the states o k thnx Please pm me thnx