A few M2000 problems for a new member!

Guest Dekcard

Guest Dekcard

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking the boards for a while now whilst choosing my new phone and I finally plumped for the M2000... which is now giving me a few problems...

First off, I've set up an e-mail account on it that is identical to the main one on my PC. It's a POP3 account and not ISP dependant, so it works fine, but over my WIFI Lan it's just sooooo slow... any ideas?

Next, and this might be a REALLY dumb question... how do I get the M2000 to use the same folders as I've downloaded to it when I synchronised Outlook?

What I mean is, I chuck the phone on it's snazzy little stand MS Active Synch does its thang and I get all my various outlook mail folders updated on my phone... which is super except that I can't actually send or receive anything from these folders unless I have the phone in its cradle...

I know I can send and receive emails, I've done it with the other account I set up on the phone... but I'd actually like to be able to use the account that's synched with my PC... I guess I must be missing something REALLY simple as there's no point in having Outlooked synched when you can't actually respond to any of the emails unless you're sitting at your PC.

Any ideas? There has to be a way of doing this, yes? Otherwise, what's the point of synching your mail when you can't actually DO anything with it unless you're at your desk... HELP!!! :D

Guest Chaser81

When you set up a mail account on the device, it sets it up as "POP3" or whatever you called it when you set it up. From this account, you can send and receive whilst away from your PC wirelessly. The one called "Outlook Email" on the device though is a representation of what is in Outlook on your PC. You can read these mails and respond to them, but they arent sent until you re-connect to your PC. I dont think there is a way to send emails from this account wirelessly, you would have to use the POP3 account you set up on your device.

Guest Dekcard

Yeah, cheers, I fgured it out...

Seems a shame to not be able to do it though... makes replying to e-mails a pain.

Thanks for confirming it though, at least it settles in my own mind that I'm not a complete idiot... now all I need to do it figure out how to stop the video recorder flashing 00:00 and I'll be a technophile! :D

Guest fraser

What you are seeing is a problem with POP mail. The message sits on the server then gets downloaded and kept on the client. Not very good for multiple devices, so Microsoft set up their ActiveSync hack to get you some access when out and about.

What you want to do is get an IMAP mail account. Like webmail, the messages stay on the server, so that you can access them from any device. Mark it as "read" on one, all the others know you have read it. This is email for real men!! :D