Embedded Visual C++ and Smartphone SDK

Guest DJHope

Guest spacemonkey

eVC3 is part of the eMbedded Visual Studio 3.0 download from microsoft (or disks in MSDN if you have access to that). When installing it don't bother with eMbedded Visual Basic or any of the other SDKs if you're only wanting to do Smartphone work.

Guest spacemonkey

The thing is that Smartphone devices aren't incredibly powerful, so they probably left support out cos eVB will have significantly higher overheads.

Guest spacemonkey
Won't you still be bound by the certification thing though - for your own applications.

Wake up... the certification has been resolved in big obvious threads and news articles everywhere.

Developement on a casual basis can commence. (but not in VB cos it's not supported)

Guest dchurch24

Sorry. I'm just a little bit scared of removing the cert. stuff on my phone in case I cock it all up! I thought that for your own dev. it may not apply.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The current certificaion is generic. And if you're worried about trying, providing you follow the instructions correctly you will be fine. At worse your phone will be reset to its -out-of-the-box state...

• 1 month later...
Guest WillEastbury
right, that's it then. I'm going for it tonight.  Expect to see some very badly written (to start with :-) c++ coded apps for the spv.

Wait till you see some of mine I'm gonna try and write once I learn this, betcha they're worse !

(I was previously a VB / Smalltalk Programmer)