Apple Theme

Guest tudor
I'm on ATTWS and the time is too big and goes into the ATT Wireless section, is anyone else having that problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try to replace the code for clock & date in the XML with this:

<!-- Clock and date -->

<plugin clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" name="carrier" height="32">

<background b-border-width="0" />

<label halign="right" valign="top" h="15" font-weight="normal">

<text><carrier /></text>

</label>

<clock>

<time x="35" y="-1" halign="left" valign="top" font-size="32" font-weight="bold" mode="24"/>

<date y="15" halign="right" valign="top" mode="short" />

</clock>

</plugin>

Guest MrDSL

This screen is amazing It has all the info you could need without looking cluttered very well done..Thanks for sharing tudor and thanks for the smartmonitor block lemac..

I really appreciate the ATTWS text fix it looks perfect now..Has anyone changed the clock to 9:00AM/9:00PM?

Guest Phynesse
Thanks! Here are the answers:

1. Restart the phone after installing the home screen and it will show the text entry mode in black.

2. Install the home screen plug-in from Fizz Traveller 2 (setup_homescreen.exe) that came with the application.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HI!

great homescreen! love it, BUT 2 problems:

1. Fizz works great by itself, but not in the homescreen. All I get there is "Fizz Traveller, Action to start Fizz Traveller".

edit: DOH! never mind.... :D

2. My operator tag line is very long ("AT&T Wireless"), so it actually overlaps with the time. any suggestions how to get rid of the tag line?

thanks!

Edited by Phynesse

Guest tudor
HI!

great homescreen! love it, BUT 2 problems:

1. Fizz works great by itself, but not in the homescreen. All I get there is "Fizz Traveller, Action to start Fizz Traveller". 

edit: DOH! never mind....  :D

2. My operator tag line is very long ("AT&T Wireless"), so it actually overlaps with the time. any suggestions how to get rid of the tag line?

thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Navigate left-right with the joystick. Pressing the joystick while on any weather panels changes the city. Pressing when it says "Action to... " starts the program.

2. See this post.

Guest Phynesse
1. Navigate left-right with the joystick. Pressing the joystick while on any weather panels changes the city. Pressing when it says "Action to... " starts the program.

2. See this post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG

now i feel really bad

sorry for those genuine questions and thanks for sticking with me

Guest zombiekilla

I can't get the time to display in standard 12-hour format. I've changed it and resetted, resetted and changed it, but to no avail. It's a kickass homescreen and I'll guess I'll leave with 24-hour format if there is no fix for it, but it sure would be nice if I could use 12

Guest tudor
I can't get the time to display in standard 12-hour format. I've changed it and resetted, resetted and changed it, but to no avail. It's a kickass homescreen and I'll guess I'll leave with 24-hour format if there is no fix for it, but it sure would be nice if I could use 12

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try to change the Clock and Date section to:

<!-- Clock and date -->

<plugin clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" name="carrier" height="32">

<label halign="right" valign="top" h="15" font-weight="bold">

<text><carrier /></text>

</label>

<clock>

<time x="35" y="-1" halign="left" valign="top" font-size="32" font-weight="bold" mode="12"/>

</clock>

</plugin>

Anyway, I think it takes too much space to display am/pm.

Guest ghaleous

great theme m8, I'm not even an apple fan/user, but for combination of functionality and smooth looks, you've put out one of the best I've seen. well done.

oh yea, I tried this little AM/PM fix and it seems to look nice...

<!-- Clock and date -->

<label halign="right" valign="top" h="15" font-weight="bold">

<text><carrier /></text>

</label>

<clock>

<time x="35" y="-1" halign="left" valign="bottom" font-size="24" font-weight="bold" mode="12"/>

</clock>

</plugin>

just paste in this code over what you have or under the clock tag, in the 'time' entry change valign to "bottom", font-size to "24", and mode to "12". It's still clearly legible and just fits in perfectly.

thanks again tudor

Edited by ghaleous

Guest tudor
great theme m8, I'm not even an apple fan/user, but for combination of functionality and smooth looks, you've put out one of the best I've seen. well done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! I'm not an Apple fan or user either, but I like their attention to details and higly usable interfaces. My idea was to create something readable, as I think that one of the great points of a Windows smartphone is home screen's ability to give you information without the need to look it up.

in the 'time' entry change valign to "bottom"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do you need to change the valign to bottom?

Edit: I got it - you've changed the font size, that's why :D

Edited by tudor

Guest MrDSL

Awesome thanks for the AM/PM time change code. This is the best homescreen there is. Every single piece of vital info I could need is right there on my homescreen.

Once again Tudor very well done :-)

Guest zombiekilla

I changed the font weight to bold for the plugin while I was in there. It looks much better with the battery/memory/storage/card in bold. Much easier to read without giveing up much space. Great Homescreen!!

Edited by zombiekilla

Guest zombiekilla

Another problem. With the colors set to default, the highlight on the Contacts page is invisible. However, if you change the colors to something else, the words at the top that say what is highlight in the "My Shortcuts" bar disappears. Any idea?

Guest tudor
Another problem. With the colors set to default, the highlight on the Contacts page is invisible. However, if you change the colors to something else, the words at the top that say what is highlight in the "My Shortcuts" bar disappears. Any idea?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you restart the phone after installing the theme?

And... what do you mean by invisible?

Guest anonymous1

Hi

And thank you for a skin that will in the top 3 most frequently used...by me. :D

Nice looking skin. The Fizz Traveller and Smart Monitor Plugins make it look really sweet. The problem with the other Mac-esque skins is that they try and emulate the Aqua Dock, whereas I find having the MRU on top much handier.

3 questions if I may:

1. How can I change the highlighted pale blue color to a darker one as in OSX 1.0's dark blue color?

2. When I receive incoming calls, the orange banner shows superimposed on the 'apple_call' picture. How do I stop that from happening.

3. When I receive incoming calls, If I have IA Caller ID file for a friend, is there a way to stop the default picture from showing 'apple_call' from showing as it causes the screen to be 'pixelly'?

And 1 suggestions: if you had a separate 'missed calls' page, then there woudn't be an alignment problem scrolling down the page should one get any missed calls. Hope you know what I mean.

I'd love for you do a similar layout skin in a 'Brushed'/'Jaguar' style with a separate missed calls page. Great work and I look forward to your next skin/updates.

Guest tudor
Hi

And thank you for a skin that will in the top 3 most frequently used...by me. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you!

1. How can I change the highlighted pale blue color to a darker one as in OSX 1.0's dark blue color?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Change the following values:

COLOR_HIGHLIGHT

COLOR_HIGHGRADLEFT

COLOR_HIGHGRADRIGHT

COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT

to the value you want. I'm not a Mac user and I don't know exactly what colour you mean, I've just designed the graphics inspired by various Mac screenshots I've found on the internet.

2. When I receive incoming calls, the orange banner shows superimposed on the 'apple_call' picture. How do I stop that from happening.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Orange bar is the default IA Caller ID picture for unknown callers. You'd need to change that. Maybe I'll complete the skin with a Caller ID template when I'll have time and inspiration :D

3. When I receive incoming calls, If I have IA Caller ID file for a friend, is there a way to stop the default picture from showing 'apple_call' from showing as it causes the screen to be 'pixelly'?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use PHM Registry Editor and navigate in the registry to the following key: "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:Callalert". Edit the string value BKBitmapFile and delete what is there, leaving the value with an empty string.

And 1 suggestions: if you had a separate 'missed calls' page, then there woudn't be an alignment problem scrolling down the page should one get any missed calls. Hope you know what I mean.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I know what you mean, but I'm not a big fan of "multiple page" screens. My idea when designing this screen was to bring all the relevant info in view. You've noticed that all-day events and missed calls will show down on the screen, as they are important, pushing down the profile. I know it's not pretty when you scroll down, and I'll try to work on that :D . If I put "another page" with the missed calls, you would not see them on the screen anyway, so... what's the point of putting them at all? You'd just see the icon on top of the screen and you'd just press the right soft key to open the Call History. :D

I'd love for you do a similar layout skin in a 'Brushed'/'Jaguar' style with a separate missed calls page.  Great work and I look forward to your next skin/updates.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again... I'm not very knowledgeable about these 'Brushed'/'Jaguar' styles, as I'm not a Mac user, but maybe I'll have a look if time allows.

Guest ghaleous

tudor, I was thinking since I almost never use the upcoming appointmens section of the homescreen (when I really need to access that stuff or the calendar, it's always in my recently used list which is just as easy to click) is there anything that would prevent me from swapping the code for the fizz traveller plugin in to that space?

Then we could theoretically have both the traveller and monitor info on 1 screen. I just wanted to see if you knew of any glaring issues that would prevent that, otherwise I'd like to give it a shot.

Edited by ghaleous

Guest tudor
tudor, I was thinking since I almost never use the upcoming appointmens section of the homescreen (when I really need to access that stuff or the calendar, it's always in my recently used list which is just as easy to click) is there anything that would prevent me from swapping the code for the fizz traveller plugin in to that space?

Then we could theoretically have both the traveller and monitor info on 1 screen. I just wanted to see if you knew of any glaring issues that would prevent that, otherwise I'd like to give it a shot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can do it, but I suggest to put the SmartMonitor on top, as the Fizz Traveller weather plug-in does not allow to remove the line. You've noticed probably that I've "designed" the screen in such a way to mask that line by superimposing it on the "window border". If you want to maintain this, you'll have to put the SmartMonitor code in place of the calendar code, then change the height of the SM plug-in to match that of the calendar (from 37 to 46). You can play after this with the "y" values to bring them to a position that you like (probably you'd have to add 9 to each "y" value of each of the elements in the SM plug-in.

Another thing is to change the background picture to the one attached to this post.

post-106056-1112397153_thumb.jpg

I hope I was clear enough... please ask if I can help any further.

Guest Jaffa
Thanks! Maybe you can post here the code for the SmartMonitor plug-in, as MrDSL is interested. I'll try it sometime myself, but it would be great to have something to start from :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just tried to download your theme (looks lovely from the gif) but for some reason modaco thinks I'm leeching from an external site. The wierd thing is I get this error message immediately after clicking on the 'I agree' disclaimer link....

Any ideas anyone?

Guest ghaleous

tudor, I used the new pic you posted and made some changes to get the SmartMonitor and FizzTraveller info both on the homescreen and got a pretty good setup, but still not perfect. First I changed the height of the SM plugin to 46 to match the calendar. Then I tried adding 9 to each "y" value but it was too much, I found adding 5 came out just right; ideally, I'd add like 5.5 but I don't know if it will handle decimals, I may try it later.

I tried to change the thermometer info to Fahrenheit. I adjusted the min and max to 40 and 100 degrees respectively, I've found my temperture to always be in that range, but the red "mercury" in the thermometer pic doesn't show anymore, it's always empty looking.

Let me know if you need any more info (code is attached ), I'd like to get this thing finalized. It all looks really great, thanks again for such a well done template for me to work in.

AppleSmartMonitor.home.xml

Edited by ghaleous

Guest ghaleous

still no luck on the thermometer in trying to get the red to appear in the pic...

also, I see that in the code, there is no corresponding chunk for the FizzTraveller plugin, just the lines

<!-- FizzTraveller -->

<plugin clsid="{30DF3430-1998-0509-BAA6-00AA003E0EED}" name="TravellerPlugin" height="37"

hilighttoday="true">

</plugin>

is this just pointing to another xml file? can I access and edit it like I did the SM portion?

the reason is, when I highlight the Fizz portion, it has some gray shade that doesn't look good and makes the blue text especially hard to read.

post-107013-1112805885_thumb.jpg

Can't figure out how to fix that either...

thanks again m8

Edited by ghaleous

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.