BlueTunes

Guest supbro

Guest supbro

So, it looks like the consensus is that it works with the SMT5600, C500, and I-Mate SP3... not so much luck with the E200 or MPx220 or any PPCs...

Unfortunately, it's likely that the current "hack" version of bluetunes will never work on any of these. If you can find that killing a particular process allows your phone to connect, I can add that to bluetunes... but be sure to back up your data because killing random processes could make your PPC go crazy :D.

I am researching a completely different method of how to connect the phone with a headset. The new method would be more compatible with all WM2003 devices, but so far I haven't had any luck getting it to work. If anyone has experience with OpenNETCF and Bluetooth, please let me know!

Again, thanks for all the feedback.

Guest gratefuled

Yes Supbro,

Please keep trying.

Have you tried hooking up with anyone over at XDA Developers who might be able to help with the WM 2003SE configuration?

Guest snail88
[456]bluetunes_screen1.gif</a>

File Name :: BlueTunes

Author :: supbro

Category :: Tools  - Fun

Description ::

Use your Bluetooth headset to listen to MP3's with Windows Media player. VB.NET Source code included!

Updated Wed, Mar 16 2005 11:04 am

View File

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I follow all the links to dowload file and still get message:

You have accessed this file from a link not on this site. Anti-leech is in effect, and you must download the file directly from this site and not from a link found on another site.

Thus not allowed to dowload. :D

Problem solved !!! After turning my firewall off. :D

Edited by snail88

Guest Mr_Ultimate

SmartTunes has really changed my life. First I saw and downloaded ST and then I got my BT headset and it works fine i.e. with Motorola HS820.

Thanks a million!

Take care

Guest spyda
SmartTunes has really changed my life. First I saw and downloaded ST and then I got my BT headset and it works fine i.e. with Motorola HS820.

Thanks a million!

Take care

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What model smartphone do you have that is now working with the HS820. I also have the HS820 but my SMT5600 isn't sending music.

Guest ingster

I've got an E200 with a Jabra BT200 headset, and ....................... no luck, what a surprise!!!! I think that maybe the bluetooth on the E200 is very poor and would only allow voice connections, the only other way i can use bluetooth is to send files (not recieve!!!) but it's only through a 3rd party programme! GRRR

I'll just have to wait for august for my contract to expire then maybe a C500 or (if it's out) a C550!

Guest Mr_Ultimate

spyda : "What model smartphone do you have that is now working with the HS820. I also have the HS820 but my SMT5600 isn't sending music"

I'm using Imate SP3 with HS820.

Yes Supbro,

Please keep trying.

Have you tried hooking up with anyone over at XDA Developers who might be able to help with the WM 2003SE configuration?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea. supbro, hook up with the XDA-D guys and make this baby work on pocket PC ;-)

I have just ordered some Bluetake i-PHONO BT420EX stereo headphones and will report back later whether this works with my SP3i. I think I will get mono reproduction out of the two ear pieces.

Of course what would be really impressive would be for someone to get the phone to broadcast in A2DP stereo bluetooth! Now there is a challenge for all you bright sparks out there!!

Guest spyda
spyda : "What model smartphone do you have that is now working with the HS820. I also have the HS820 but my SMT5600 isn't sending music"

I'm using Imate SP3 with HS820.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mr. Ultimate...I am using the Audiovox SMT5600 with the Motorola HS820. The software is enabling itself but music still comes out the speakers. Incidentally, my phone is unlocked completely.

thanks, -icky

Guest shyamprasadsr

:D

At last something that all BT users were looking for !!! Cheers !!!

Thought I had a momentary problem on the SP3 ( Orange SPV C500 ) coupled with a Motorola HS 820 BT headset, I just needed to toggle after enabling Blue Tunes.

It works like a song (LOL) you can finally hear songs !!

Guest zedeff
supbro,

I would nearly kill, and certainly pay, to be able to use this new tool for smartphones on my I-Mate PPC-PE I-Mate JAM.

Can it be done? Are you interested? Please, I mean pretty please.

Ed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I two would second that. Please please please get something like this for the JAM.

Guest turbojones

Great app. Anyone know how to get it to show up in the Start menu?

I tried copying to the program files but no luck. Must need a reg entry or something???

I'd love to be able to set it to a speed dial to launch it so that's why I'm asking about the start menu.

Thanks.

Guest Socrates
Socrates: I have had no problems connecting or disconnecting... I push the action button on the headset, it connects. If I push the action button again, it disconnects and the music comes back out of the phone speaker. easy!

I figured it out. On the Bluetrek G2, you have to hold the button down for a couple seconds to send it back.

Guest Socrates
Great app.  Anyone know how to get it to show up in the Start menu?

I tried copying to the program files but no luck.  Must need a reg entry or something???

I'd love to be able to set it to a speed dial to launch it so that's why I'm asking about the start menu.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just dropped a shortcut in the start menu folder using the explorer through activesync.

Guest Mr_Ultimate
Mr. Ultimate...I am using the Audiovox SMT5600 with the Motorola HS820.  The software is enabling itself but music still comes out the speakers.  Incidentally, my phone is unlocked completely.

thanks, -icky

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Well you have to press the toggle button(i.e. the middle big button on HS820) after enabling the BlueTunes. Or disable and then enable it again. and then press the toggle button.It should work.

Take care

Guest turbojones
I just dropped a shortcut in the start menu folder using the explorer through activesync.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good suggestion. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Thanks for the tip Socrates.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Seth Cold

i was able to kill the cdial app in my mpx220 (and it didn´t come back), however i don't know what to do after... am i in the good way? or is that 4 sure that it doesnt work with mpx220?

Guest funkyvivi

hey..i have been playing with my mpx220 and my jabra bt250v. I know this program is not suppose to work with mpx220..but i found cdial.exe in my windows folder...i try to disable and rename and such...but windows protects it really well..any suggestion other suggestion of killing cdial.exe...???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PJDelaney

Hi all, got a Jabra BT200 the other day to go with my C500 thinking it would be great for music on the move and then after some searching found it wasn't possible! (why isn't this feature included in the OS?!) After I little more searching I stumbled upon this topic and I can now enjoy my tunes on my bike without getting entangled!!! Many thanks to supbro, this program works great, well recommended.

Guest hkwong

first of all this is a great app.

question though when i get a call it goes through the bt but when i end the call it just plays in the phones speaker. is that normal?

also is there a way just to disable the cdial.exe in the reg?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.