SPV M2000

Guest vinceh

Guest blackmanalishi

My partner has an E200 and, having seen my M2000, will be upgrading her E200 as soon as her contract expires next month.

I had a Treo 600 and I think it's a step up from there, so it's more like a giant leap from the E200 - you'll not regret it.

;)

I'm delighted with mine as well. I'm always into new gadgets, they could do a tomorrow's world episode on my home, got networked audio, multiroom video on demand and all that jazz.

As someone who likes gadgets, I gotta say, this is by far one of the coolest devices I've owned. I can control my home from anywhere in the planet with it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Chaser81
Answers on a postcard please for what "badword" is. It begins with 'F'.

This B/B is full of people writing about serious problems with this piece of kit, its not good. Today I had 3 calls that I was not able to answer and I got a bubble saying ‘Unable to answer this call’…..

Maybe the halfwits could try to answer........... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there any particular reason you feel the need to insult someone who was just trying to help you with some of your issues? You obviously dont want help with any of your M2000 problems and just came on here to bitch to no-one in particular, so I find myself returning to my original piece of advice; sell it and get something else. :|

Guest rickyburke

i love my m2000, the best phone ive had, if your having problems with it crashing try removing some programs and stop putting so much demand on it, remember its a phone/pda, not a laptop!

as people have suggested, a few simple mods can solve most of them, but you havent bothered to even try, i.e. the disable buttons except power on/off feature.

its quite clear you hate the phone, so just say that. we like ours, your not going to change our minds!

in the words of the esteemed Original international man of mystery Nigel Powers,

"if you have an issue, heres a tissue"

Guest vinceh

The last straw –

I got back to the UK last night, I used my Treo in the US because it is more reliable (and that’s saying something). I switched back to the M2000 (give it one more chance…).

I received three calls in quick succession first thing this morning (over a period of about 10 minutes), all from different callers, all answered by pressing the green phone symbol (I find that this usually works),. All three calls ‘dumped’, with the message “unable to answer this call”.

…and the Wifi isn’t logging onto my network anymore.

…and battery charge shows 85% even though its been sitting in the charger for 2 weeks.

...and my finger was in the right place!!!!

Please don’t offer me anymore puerile advice, I think it is very important that my experiences are logged here and that others don’t make the same mistake that I did.

Rickburke – no, its not a laptop but its not even a phone.

Chaser81 – see boyo69

Fraser – “I can control my home from anywhere in the planet with it!” – what planet?

Boyo69 - Quod Erat Demonstrandum, your reply proves quite categorically that you are a moron.

Guest rickyburke

ok vinceh, another possible suggestion maybe, don't bite my head off though, what ringtone are you using? if your not using a default one i.e. a mp3 or wav file, then the phone has to load this before playing it, which means a delay in hearing your phone ring, the 'unable to answer the call' usually happens whe trying to answer a call that has just gone to your answerphone through ringing off.

Just try it, worth a go.

sorry that you arent having much luck with you M2000

Guest fraser
Please don’t offer me anymore puerile advice, I think it is very important that my experiences are logged here and that others don’t make the same mistake that I did.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"puerile advice"? Could everyone do each other a huge favour and ignore this twat from here on in? He's not looking for help, he just isn't a very pleasant person and he has nothing better to do than hang around here and moan. Sad.

Put your phone on e-bay and stop bothering us. You're sounding like the annoyed baby that throws his toys out the pram in a tantrum.

Oh, and NO ONE cares about your experiences. Seriously. We really don't care, it's just that some people here like to help others. You obviously don't care about anyone elses thoughts, so IMHO you don't deserve help. If a mod were to lock this topic, I don't think any of those who actually contribute here would lose a wink of sleep.

Fraser – “I can control my home from anywhere in the planet with it!” – what planet?

Boyo69 - Quod Erat Demonstrandum, your reply proves quite categorically that you are a moron.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"what planet"? eh? I wanna know what you are smoking buddy. Basically, this little gadget can do a few things that not many gadgets can do. For a smart person, there really is no limit, except perhaps having it make a cup of tea. I could have it turn on the kettle if that's any use...

Meh, methinks you are the moron. Everyone else here doesn't seem to be having your problems, so perhaps you are the problem. I'm seeing a common trait here.

Before I depart this thread, can I just point out that ANY new technology is full of problems? I take it you missed the first cellphones then, which were far more unreliable than even your phoning abilities? Or the first few decades of land-lines, when the phone would only work if the weather was right?

Go get a nokia, chump, seems that's all you can handle. To make a call, simply type the number in and press the "green" button. "green" is a colour, you might be familiar with the stuff called "grass". Hold your phone next to some grass and compare the colours of the buttons to it. The one that is similar is "green". If you are still having problems, perhaps a friend can help you, but going on your attitude and general tone, I'm not sure if you have many....

Guest Chaser81
Go get a nokia, chump, seems that's all you can handle. To make a call, simply type the number in and press the "green" button. "green" is a colour, you might be familiar with the stuff called "grass". Hold your phone next to some grass and compare the colours of the buttons to it. The one that is similar is "green". If you are still having problems, perhaps a friend can help you, but going on your attitude and general tone, I'm not sure if you have many....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here here! Could a moderator please lock this topic? I think it has served its purpose (if it ever had one).

Guest rickyburke

before its locked, just want to say if its the worst phone you've ever owned son, i've got a motorola startac mr501 you can swap it for!

its great, extending aerial, erm, flip...........erm yeah, so let me know if you want to swap.

thanks!!!!!

:roll:

Guest boyo69
The last straw –

I got back to the UK last night, I used my Treo in the US because it is more reliable (and that’s saying something). I switched back to the M2000 (give it one more chance…).

I received three calls in quick succession first thing this morning (over a period of about 10 minutes), all from different callers, all answered by pressing the green phone symbol (I find that this usually works),. All three calls ‘dumped’, with the message “unable to answer this call”.

…and the Wifi isn’t logging onto my network anymore.

…and battery charge shows 85% even though its been sitting in the charger for 2 weeks.

...and my finger was in the right place!!!!

Rickburke – no, its not a laptop but its not even a phone.

Chaser81 – see boyo69

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no Vinceh, it is not important that you log your experiences here unless you are prepared to listen, digest and discard the advice of others.......... THOUSANDS have bought this device, Hundreds have bought the M2000 variant (of which i was one of them when on Orange) and if everyone was facing the same issues as you the product would have been withdrawn by HTC and we would be talking about Treo's instead.......... puerile advice??? well seeing as you didn't even know how to stop screen activity when in a case/pocket i would suggest that even basic advice might be a little taxing for you.......

i guess your problem is that you actually don't really know how to describe your issues let alone go about trying to find solutions.................. and if you are intent on calling me and others offensive names then i would urge the moderator to not only lock this topic but also to withdraw your posting facilities........ you clearly have nothing valid to say...........

if you check back through every single one of my replies, i have not ONCE resorted to offensive language and yet i must accept that someone i have never met is qualified to judge my intelligence, experience and more importantly, my assistance.............

good luck and please do not post ANYWHERE on this forum again as i fear you will be flamed on ANY topic

Guest PetieyBoy
can I just point out that ANY new technology is full of problems?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What new technology? :shock: ...

There is nothing new in the M2000... it's just a different bundle of old (wireless, I.R., cellular, computer) and still not right after many years (bluetooth) technology.

The only (relatively) new thing about them is the resolution/size of the screen... and that's hardly revolutionary or even cutting edge.

I had one of these from Oct04 til Jan 05 as a test bed and have had my permanent one since March 05.

Our company has 12 of these and use them to log into the works server to recieve jobs and return finished jobs.

If you go a day with out an "Unable to connect"(Trying to answer call) , "Operation Failed" (Whilst trying to answer a call), "connection Failed" (Whilst dialling out) message, your damn lucky.

The GPRS frequently can't get past modem dialling.

Contacts being 'lost' for no reason.

Unexplained lockups requiring reset.

Firing up Explorer for no reason (Yes we know to disable buttons etc. etc.).

Picture messages showing 'transfering data' symbols long after it's finished transfering.

Buttons being disabled then becoming enabled with no user input or reset.

Batteries that don't trickle charge once 'full' charge has been achieved.

Speaker going into mute for no reason. (Before bluetooth ever used)

Sticky buttons.

Non responsive buttons.

Screen turning on whilst sat 'idle' on desk.

Screens becoming unresponsive and requiring 're-calibrating'.

Battery latch not fully moving to back-up battery position meaning full re-install.

Et Cetera Et Cetera Et Cetera.

These are the things that I can remember happening to at least three seperate units on at least three occasions each with our contingent of 12.

We have a customer that does programming (very not stupid people), they wanted 70+ units, tested 5 and gave up and went back to the XDA II because they found it more stable. It wasn't the users, the units were locked down so heavily the workers could only use the phone, contacts, appointments and the companies software, yet still had all sorts of problems.

And don't think I'm new to this, I thought the upgrade to the 4500X car phone was great and appreciated Windows 3.1.1 ... :oops: I work for a company dealing with office equipment and I.T.

Before you flame me for not having the same opinion as you or slating a product you so heartily believe in, realise that I have not complained or moaned about the product (and will not), merely stated my/our findings.

(I have not even bothered mentioning the collosal amount of bluetooth problems we have had because there is no way of knowing whether it is M2000 or bluetooth related.)

This forum seems very good, with the exception of slamming people who have had experiences that have put them off of a product that has more problems than it should have. (Even if they do have an unpleasant tone...)

Light, Love and Peace.

Pete

Guest Chaser81
This forum seems very good, with the exception of slamming people who have had experiences that have put them off of a product that has more problems than it should have. (Even if they do have an unpleasant tone...)

Light, Love and Peace.

Pete

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We werent slamming someone just cause they have had bad experiences with the device, not at all. From your post, it is quite clear that you know what you are talking about and that after extended testing you obviously decided that the M2000 was not for you; fair enough, I hope you now have something that is working out for you.

What we were getting annoyed at, is that this Vinceh fella comes on here, posts a list of points and flaws that he has found with his M2000 and declares it the worst device in the history of phones ever, then when some of us point out some things that could help resolve 75% of his issues with his phone, in a polite and civil manner, he starts flaming us and calling us morons who supposedly dont know what we're on about!

I think I can say with fair certainty that no-one on Modaco begrudges anyone on here if they dont get on with something and they have valid reasons for it. When they post complaining about a lot of issues that are fairly easily resolved however (like the screen coming on in pockets - I am not talking about the call problem - that at least sounds like a real fault), and someone offers advice only to be called a moron by the person they were trying to help, THATS what we get pissed off at.

Guest vinceh

PetieyBoy - I love you!!!! I has got to be important to point out the problems with this substandard product!

…and this is a one of the best ‘forums’ I have come across. Spoiled only by the input of a few idiots.

…and my “unpleasant tone” is only a reaction to the quality of the posts I received. Well at least they now know what puerile means.

Guest Eriktheviking

well, whatever is said, ill be still getting mine on the 13th of june. If it really is that bad then stick it on egay and i could make a cool £300 profit, nuff said debate over and ill go and buy something else, not just come on here and whine about it.

Guest boyo69
PetieyBoy - I love you!!!! I has got to be important to point out the problems with this substandard product!

…and this is a one of the best ‘forums’ I have come across. Spoiled only by the input of a few idiots.

…and my “unpleasant tone” is only a reaction to the quality of the posts I received. Well at least they now know what puerile means.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

right, this is it now.......... you come on this forum, with a newbie rating of 37 posts (which is actually inclusive of all the crap you have spouted off in this 'puerile' topic) having been a member since Jan 2005, a self confessed Treo user and quite clearly brand new to WM2003SE and you have the gall to call us idiots?????

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20040913B3087.html

this will show you that the very phone you love (and we dearly wish you would clear off to their forum) is actually linked to the manufacturer of the one you have come on here to moan about (without any experience whatsoever)

the reason this is the best forum is because of people like us sharing info that hopefully helps others....... you know, like the 'new to M2000, just a quick question' brigade....... if we all adopted your attitude then this forum would actually close down through lack of interest.

i know fully what peurile means - it's basically a dictionary explanation of you and your input to this forum, so clear off and stop posting comments like 'I has got to be important to point out' ........................and no, i haven't typed that incorrectly, look at your last post directly after your proclamation of affection to a fellow poster...........

Moderator - please lock this post and stop this supposed contributor from posting crap.............

Guest vinceh

...and I missed the ‘t in ‘it’, that will teach me...... Thank goodness I didn't try to post from my M2000, I may have missed out the W in anker!!!!