M2000 to be updated?

Guest Surveyor

Guest Surveyor

I love my C500, but it's not a PDA. I love my PDA, but it doesn't make calls. Fed up with carrying both around, so I checked my local Orange shop for an upgrade path from C500-M2000 (or even the sexier O2 XDA IIs). Orange man said whoa, there are some better devices on the way.

Is he telling the truth?

Thanks

Guest Pondrew

Do a search for some of the following: SPV 3G/MDAIV (HTC Universal), XDAIIi (HTC Alpine), I-Mate Jam/MDA Compact (HTC Magician).

All are newer devices then the M2000 (although only the HTC Universal is coming soon and could be argued to be superior without reservations).

Guest Surveyor
Do a search for some of the following: SPV 3G/MDAIV (HTC Universal), XDAIIi (HTC Alpine), I-Mate Jam/MDA Compact (HTC Magician).

All are newer devices then the M2000 (although only the HTC Universal is coming soon and could be argued to be superior without reservations).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.

The MDAIV looks interesting but is probably too bulky for my purposes, or indeed my jeans pocket :D

You mention the XDAIIi - the M2000 seems to be the XDAIIs with a different badge - any views on the relative merits of the two? I'm not too sure I really need the slide-out keypad but WiFi, bluetooth and strong PDA performance are essential.

Peter

Guest Pondrew

The XDAIIi has all of those and in a smaller form factor. If you can afford it that is. I love my MDA III (same as XDAIIs and M2000) but it's not as light or compact. It is however slightly cheaper being a slightly older design.

Alot of people are swearing by the new MDA Compact/XDA Mini/Orange M500 (if Orange ever release it...) though and it's sure small. Problem is the lack of wifi/ram.