best text message tones

Guest gregbarton

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Goldenpaww

Here's one I have. I try to use Video Game sounds. you can tell who the geeks are when they hear these.

alert:

Chocobo_Wark.wav

FF7 Ringtones (edited to be under the 300K limit)

Ringtone_FF7_Battle_Theme.mp3

Ringtone_FF7_boss_battle.mp3

Ringtone_FF7_Chocobo_music.mp3

Ringtone_FF7_One_Winged_Angel.mp3

Ringtone_FF7_Turk_s_Theme.mp3

Ringtonw_FF7_Victory.mp3

Super Mario theme

Ringtone_Super_Mario_Bross.mp3

Edited by Goldenpaww

• 2 weeks later...

How do you download the files ?

when i left click on them it just plays them

when i right click and "save link as" it saves them in a format i cant play - php

Edited by fowler

Guest Goldenpaww
How do you download the files ?

when i left click on them it just plays them

when i right click and "save link as" it saves them in a format i cant play - php

What I had to do is "Save As" as a php and then go and change the extention. I need to figure out how to just remove the quicktime player so it just promps to save.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest billiegoat
Here's one I have. I try to use Video Game sounds. you can tell who the geeks are when they hear these.

alert:

Chocobo_Wark.wav

FF7 Ringtones (edited to be under the 300K limit)

Ringtone_FF7_Battle_Theme.mp3

Ringtone_FF7_boss_battle.mp3

Ringtone_FF7_Chocobo_music.mp3

Ringtone_FF7_One_Winged_Angel.mp3

Ringtone_FF7_Turk_s_Theme.mp3

Ringtonw_FF7_Victory.mp3

Super Mario theme

Ringtone_Super_Mario_Bross.mp3

Do you have the Super Mario Brothers Underground tone? Thanks!

Guest Goldenpaww
Do you have the Super Mario Brothers Underground tone? Thanks!

I have a midi file of what I think is the boss theme. I don't remember what the underground sounded like but will probably remeber once I hear it again. I'll see what I can find, but it can be hard to find. People love to make different versions of the themes without tagging it, so you think your getting the theme and it's really some techno or remix they made. Can be annoying.

#EDIT#

I found what you're looking for

SMB_Underworld.mp3

SMB_Underworld_small.mp3

first is original file, second is dropped quality to be under the 300K limit of some phones.

Edited by Goldenpaww

Guest Nottach
Hey all,

When using firefox, all of the sudden, I can't right-click to save as. When I do that, it only allows me to save index.html, or index.pho which is the redirect link. I have never had this issue. In the meantime, I unassociated mp3 files in firefox, so now, when I LEFT clock, i have the prompt to open with, or save as -- which is fine. The right click still won't work though... I even uninstalled quicktime. Odd...

Thanks in advance,

Matt!

In Firefox go to Tools>Options>Content tab>File Types manage>

Change mp3 and wav from "open with" to "save to disk".

THERES ALWAYS A WAY. YOU'VE JUST GOT TO LOOK FOR IT.

Guest billiegoat
I have a midi file of what I think is the boss theme. I don't remember what the underground sounded like but will probably remeber once I hear it again. I'll see what I can find, but it can be hard to find. People love to make different versions of the themes without tagging it, so you think your getting the theme and it's really some techno or remix they made. Can be annoying.

#EDIT#

I found what you're looking for

SMB_Underworld.mp3

SMB_Underworld_small.mp3

first is original file, second is dropped quality to be under the 300K limit of some phones.

Excellent! Thanks a bunch, you guys are great!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fatbitchrich

I'm on the hunt for the theme tune for Garth Meranghi's Darkplace or failing that the sound that plays at the commercial break. If anyone out there has it, or knows were I can find it, please PM me.

Another sound I'm looking for is the guitar sound played in Call of Duty 4, when you get promoted. That would make an ideal test message tone; but alas, I'm not finding that either. Any help?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Rayne

Just joined cos I have wasted countless hours looking for decent SMS tones so wanted to say thanks heaps to everyone who took the time to make and/or share theirs!

So many tones, so little time! :( I think Transformers is the first choice :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gasman2
I got my 3 year old son to say certain phrases using Voice notes, and recorded them to playback for certain events.

I've got:-

"Email Daddy"

"Text Message Daddy"

"Reminder Daddy"

"Voicemail Daddy"

and for my alarm: "Wake up Daddy"

Unique for my phone, and personal to me so not worth sharing the files, so I guess it's the actual idea I'm sharing

:D

I used to have one of my sons, who was about 1 at the time saying 'DaDaa, DaDaa' for my ring tone. He's now 4 and doesn't sound quite so cute!

• 2 weeks later...