128 bit encryption

Guest vinceh

Guest vinceh

Has anyone had any experience of connecting the M2000 to a 128 bit encrypted wireless network? I’m having no success at the moment.

Guest nonose

i had no security when i recently wnet from a wired network to wireless. I used my mda 3 to connect to my network no problem,but when i realised tht my network was wide open to my neighbours i locked it down with 128 bit encryption after this i could not connect with my phone after many hours of trying with no success.

I decided to set my phone up from scratch so did a hard reset after this when i went to set up my wifi connection with my home network it asked for the encryption key and set up no problem.

Hope this helps

Guest Johnners

I had trouble adding it to my encrypted network after making some changes to my router.

I didn't do a factory reset, but deleting the settings for all previous networks I'd joined (including the seetings for the one I was trying to join) seemed to do the trick - the next time I activated WLAN, it prompted me for the password and then all was well...

Hope that helps.

Guest fraser

As you say 128-bit, I'm assuming that you are using wep. On the phone, WPA and EAP must be disabled for this to work. These settings are a bit fiddly, just go through each page. Sometimes changing one setting results in another changing.

Do you have a another wifi client available to test that it's not the WiFi itself that's broke?

You should not need to hard reset. That's like buying a new car when the previous one is dirty! :D

Guest vinceh

Thanks Guys,

I got it working and without the reset!

Now I have a totally different puzzle - what is hpsetup? I feel a new thread coming on.

Guest WWWeed

the SSID HPSETUP seems to be a computer to computer connection (I.e no internet) Could be for printing or media streaming.

Hpsetup seems to be in other contrys too

Guest vinceh
the SSID HPSETUP seems to be a computer to computer connection (I.e no internet) Could be for printing or media streaming.

Hpsetup seems to be in other contrys too

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This clearly means that you've seen it too?

Maybe you should be on THIS thread.

Guest rickyburke

if your having problems connecting, try changing the power options of your wifi settings to best performance, this helped loads when i first started using my wifi.