D-Link G604T router and PS2 online

Guest jonnyb

Guest jonnyb

I have just brought a PS2 NIC adaptor and am trying to connect it (hardwired) to my D-Link G604T router (other connections are all wireless).

I have successfully setup the link and connected ok to PlayStation Central, but I am unable to get any games to connect (Tiger woods 2005 specifically), the ISP connection works fine but it just times out on the DNAS authentication.

I have tried setting the IP for the PS2 in the DMZ and also tried manually mapping the required ports, but no joy!!!!

I have googled and found info stating there is a problem with the G604T and PS2 online (DNAS).

My options now seem: -

a) Get another wireless router (the G604T performs fantastically in all other aspects)

:D Set up the free and crappy BT Voyager USB modem and ICS (swapping the broadband connector when wanting to use the PS2 online)

I just wondered if any clever chaps on MoDaCo have experienced similar problems with my existing setup and have any solutions?

Failing that if you want to use your PS2 online don’t buy a D-Link G604T!!!

Cheers

Jonnyb

Guest nedge2k

Must be a D-Link prob coz i have my PS2 connected to my Belkin WiFi router with no probs.

Try turning off the hardware firewire...might work.

Guest jonnyb
Oh...another thing it might be is port blocking by ur isp. Some isp's use an invisible proxy to block certain incoming connections.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your suggestions... I have now setup up an old laptop just to use the USB modem and ICS and it's working fine which points back to the router again (it's just a pain to have to keep switching the phone cable)

Just have to hope D-link resolve the problem in a future fireware release!

Guest AngelOfRage

have you tried fowarding port in the router configuration? im not sure about the specifics but ive just got a new BT router today and it allows you enter the configuration to forward ports to the console.