Automatic Keylock for WM2003 devices

Guest maniac103

Guest roma0803
Thanks Maniac for your effort. But could you help me with this silly Problem? When I load your CAB file in my PDA (i-mate JAM) I double tap and I get a message error: This file Keylock_WM2K3 is not a valid Windows CE setup file. Why CE? Any help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most likely it is because it is a Smartphone application that will not run on PPC. It's a standard error your Jam gives you.

Guest roma0803
If so, what is the difference between a smartphone and a PDA with pnhoe capability. Maniac describes its piece of software for Windows Mobile 2003 devices.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Other OS layout I believe, PDA has touchscreen, Smartphone doesn't and most likely functions just work a bit different. Maniac's site says "maniac's Smartphone Tools". No misunderstanding there.

You both have the same problem: You have to change those registry keys I mentioned before with a signed registry editor.

Hello Maniac103. Can you please tell me again which registry keys I have to change, or tell me where you have mentioned it. I've looked everywhere here, but I can't find it. :D

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Funske

Guest cuk0724
Hello Maniac103. Can you please tell me again which registry keys I have to change, or tell me where you have mentioned it. I've looked everywhere here, but I can't find it. :D

Thanks in advance :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try Here

Try Here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks cuk0724!

But I've tried to change it from 2 into 1 and then click on "Done".

But then I get the message "Unable to perform this operation".

What am I doing wrong? :cry:

I found it!! :) I had to use the signed registry editor.

I've installed it and it works great.

Thanks!!

Edited by Funske

Guest maniac103

I have released 3.1 on my web site. The change list is rather long this time, so I only mention the most important things:

- new languages: Czech and Traditional Chinese

- colour scheme of the screen saver can be set (white on black, black on white, colours from soft keys and colours from soft keys inverse)

- A keypress with activated screen saver and deactivated keylock only disables the screen saver.

- The volume buttons now behave like on SonyEricsson phones when the screen saver is activated: The screen saver stays on and the backlight is activated. This one also should make the deactivation delay obsolete, doesn't it?

- The communication between AutoKeylock and CPS has been improved. You need CPS v1.81 (which I also released today) for this to work!

Have fun :)

Guest houser21
...The volume buttons now behave like on SonyEricsson phones when the screen saver is activated: The screen saver stays on and the backlight is activated...

Hi maniac103,

This new function make conflict with other software.

Speaking clock function of "AutoFlight" program controls by double click of "Volume up" button. Earlier this button has not been locked by AutoKeylock and speaking clock well worked. Since version 3.1 "AutoKeylock" began to lock this button and speaking clock can't start when keyboard is locked.

Speaking clock from 'AutoFlight' and visual clock from 'AutoKeylock' well supplemented each other, it is a pity to lose this nice combination. I ask you to release "Volume up" button from additional functions and allow it to control speaking clock as it was before version 3.1.

Guest maniac103
Hi maniac103,

This new function make conflict with other software.

Speaking clock function of "AutoFlight" program controls by double click of "Volume up" button. Earlier this button has not been locked by AutoKeylock and speaking clock well worked. Since version 3.1 "AutoKeylock"  began to lock this button and speaking clock can't start when keyboard is locked.

Speaking clock from 'AutoFlight' and visual clock from 'AutoKeylock' well supplemented each other, it is a pity to lose this nice combination.  I ask you to release "Volume up" button from additional functions and allow it to control speaking clock as it was before version 3.1.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will make the suppress of key presses in the screen saver optional. The speaking clock should then work again (with the small side effect that the backlight is lit for 10 seconds in this case, which I think is tolerable).

I do not want to change the key mapping because

1. I think these two are the best suited keys for that function (best reachable) and if I remove one of the button mappings, the remaining one is too small to reach and

2. The mapping is the same as on SE phones :)

Any other opinions on this one?

Guest roma0803

Hi maniac103. Thanks for the new release!

Ofcourse there's another one for the wishlist. My phone (i-mate SP5m) has the "new" Hansdsfree profile. Most newer WM5 phones will have it I believe. Since this is a different profile from the Headset profile, and this profile is used in some (and more) cars, it would be great if the options you offer in Keylock for the Headset profile can also be added for the Handsfree profile.

Thanks in advance for looking in to it :)

Guest maniac103
Hi maniac103. Thanks for the new release!

Ofcourse there's another one for the wishlist. My phone (i-mate SP5m) has the "new" Hansdsfree profile. Most newer WM5 phones will have it I believe. Since this is a different profile from the Headset profile, and this profile is used in some (and more) cars, it would be great if the options you offer in Keylock for the Headset profile can also be added for the Handsfree profile.

Thanks in advance for looking in to it :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2 questions on that one:

- Is it sufficient to have one set of settings which are shared between headset and handsfree profile? If yes, this is simple to implement.

- Is there a registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Profiles\Handsfree? Or, even better: Can you have a look at the registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Profiles\ActiveProfile with enabled Handsfree profile and tell me its contents?

Guest roma0803
2 questions on that one:

- Is it sufficient to have one set of settings which are shared between headset and handsfree profile? If yes, this is simple to implement.

- Is there a registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Profiles\Handsfree? Or, even better: Can you have a look at the registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Profiles\ActiveProfile with enabled Handsfree profile and tell me its contents?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) No, I think it wouldn't since the Handsfree profile is used in (some) BT carkits and the Headset profile in that case pure as headset. I would like to enable the keylock in Headset where I would like to be able to disable it in Handsfree.

2) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Profiles\Speakerphone is the profile in the registry. This is the same profile used when the internal speaker is used as a handsfree option. The Bluetooth addition is a way to route the sound through a BT Carkit speaker.

In ~ActiveProfile it so shows up as Speakerphone.

Guest houser21
I will make the suppress of key presses in the screen saver optional. The speaking clock should then work again (with the small side effect that the backlight is lit for 10 seconds in this case, which I think is tolerable)...

...Any other opinions on this one?

I have no other opinion on this one, so it will be better than it was earlier. =D>

Thanks a lot!

Guest kfischer
Any other opinions on this one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your work maniac103, this is a great application. As of this release however I find that it takes 2 key presses to take the phone from a locked state to answer a call. I am almost positive that with the last release (3.06?) only one press (say on the "Accept" softkey) would do the trick.

I love the ability to turn on the backlight using the volume key, but I think this has had the side effect of making it harder to accept a call. Can anything be done about this?

Guest maniac103
Thanks for your work maniac103, this is a great application. As of this release however I find that it takes 2 key presses to take the phone from a locked state to answer a call. I am almost positive that with the last release (3.06?) only one press (say on the "Accept" softkey) would do the trick.

I love the ability to turn on the backlight using the volume key, but I think this has had the side effect of making it harder to accept a call. Can anything be done about this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, something can be done about this and yes, I currently doing this (only the translations are missing).

This new behaviour has nothing to do with the Volume-Button-Backlight-Thing, so this will still be there :)

Guest maniac103

I have just released V3.15.

There are three new things:

- The key suppressing in the screen saver is now optional (default is the old behaviour).

- There's a new translation: Norwegian

- There is a new setting set for the speakerphone AKA heandsfree profile.

Guest roma0803
I have just released V3.15.

There are three new things:

- The key suppressing in the screen saver is now optional (default is the old behaviour).

- There's a new translation: Norwegian

- There is a new setting set for the speakerphone AKA heandsfree profile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. Lookes good, the selection menu in profiles.

Guest houser21
I have just released V3.15...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perfectly! New V3.15 works with volume key correctly! It speaks time as it was before V3.1...

But only when I have found the necessary adjustment option in the menu. [-X

There is an offer to make a choice of language at installation of the program. It will allow to save more than 100 kBytes precious smartphone memory due to removal of unnecessary mui-files.

And at last, inform me pls. where it is possible to send Russian Translation for Automatic Keylock v3.15.? :-"

Edited by houser21

Guest maniac103
Perfectly! New V3.15 works with volume key correctly! It speaks time as it was before V3.1... 

But only when I have found the necessary adjustment option in the menu. [-X

To make it clear for all: It's the fourth option on the screen saver page.

But the old behaviour should be the default... :??:

There is an offer to make a choice of language at installation of the program. It will allow to save more than 100 kBytes precious smartphone memory  due to removal of unnecessary mui-files.
Yes, you're right...but this needs some work. I can tell you the hex codes for the languages so - for the moment - you can delete them manually:

0404 Chinese Traditional

0405 Czech

0407 German

040C French

0413 Dutch

0414 Norwegian

0804 Chinese Simplified

And at last, inform me pls. where it is possible to send Russian Translation for Automatic Keylock v3.15.?  :-"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please have a look at my translation page ;-)

Guest rudiansen

Thank you, maniac103, for your work!

I wish to suggest something: it is possible to make o small implementation in special profiles; ex: when the headset is activated, to run automatically a program (mp3 player for example) and stop the program when the headset profile is deactivated.

Thank you, again.

Guest soxvirus

Great program. I think it could be a good idea to make this program and Cell Profile Switcher into one single program. For exemple when I leave home to switch to the loud profile and automatically keylock.

Guest maniac103
Thank you, maniac103, for your work!

I wish to suggest something: it is possible to make o small implementation in special profiles; ex: when the headset is activated, to run automatically a program (mp3 player for example) and stop the program when the headset profile is deactivated.

Thank you, again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, to stop the program is nearly impossible as there is no generic way to stop programs. I do not know if the first one is that senseful either - as it is quite a lot of coding effort :?:

Great program. I think it could be a good idea to make this program and Cell Profile Switcher into one single program. For exemple when I leave home to switch to the loud profile and automatically keylock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will certainly not make both tools to one program, but I can implement some options in CPS to control the keylock when I have some time.

Guest soxvirus
I will certainly not make both tools to one program, but I can implement some options in CPS to control the keylock when I have some time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be great. Thanks.

Guest roma0803

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, since I have no use for CPS I'd like to see them seperate.