AotW: CellTrack

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tronicx
As this app won't install unless your C500 is app unlocked, I suspect this is going to further highlight the problem that the Orange unlocking website no longer works, and if you email them as directed they don't seem to reply any more, presumably because of the number of emails they are now getting !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hold on there... I bought my first SPV on Thursday, the Silver C500 - and unlocked it from the Orange website the same day. The website worked fine for me. :roll:

--

On another note, Psiloc made an application for the Series 60 a while back that did all this stuff (Actions based on Cell locations etc).

Edited by tronicx

Guest tbag

..... and what about the cell names DB - once again it only seems possible to see the last dozen or so entires - is there any way of viewing the whole DB.

tbag

Guest andyleem

Ok, so ive got celltrack on my phone and it is all connected and says 'up-to-date'. now what do i do to track my phone, and where do get the screen that says your location, like on everyones sigs?

thanks

andy.

Guest muddy250
Ok, so ive got celltrack on my phone and it is all connected and says 'up-to-date'. now what do i do to track my phone, and where do get the screen that says your location, like on everyones sigs?

thanks

andy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's on the celltrack website. You post a link to the site url in the message and it updates everytime you let it connect.

Guest rperalta
Anyone know when beta 6 is due - can't wait from what I've heard about it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Beta 6 will be release sometime next week according to the developer. ;)

Guest Quotient
Beta 6 will be release sometime next week according to the developer.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

does anyone know if beta 6 is developed to work on the MPX 220?

Thanks

Guest Zone-MR

It *might* work on the MPX 220 - several people are trying to figure out a way to read cell info on the mpx, and if they succeed the compatibility will be added to beta 6.

The release date for Beta 6 is likely to be Wednesday/Thursday. I have exams coming up (Tue+Wed), and won't have much time to work on CellTrack till they are over.

Edited by Zone-MR

Guest crypto1969

It still doesn't work on Moto Mpx series Smartphones. Any idea when this will be fixed?

It *might* work on the MPX 220 - several people are trying to figure out a way to read cell info on the mpx, and if they succeed the compatibility will be added to beta 6.

The release date for Beta 6 is likely to be Wednesday/Thursday. I have exams coming up (Tue+Wed), and won't have much time to work on CellTrack till they are over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest chucky.egg
It still doesn't work on Moto Mpx series Smartphones.  Any idea when this will be fixed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know, perhaps when Beta6 comes out like they said?

Guest n0m4d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the engineering mode for mpx220 cingular brnd, you can monitor the cell towers. I'm probably guessing the programmers know this already?

This might help,

Paul

Guest RobertCeuppens

I've just got round to installing this... great program. My cell keeps changing when I'm at home and not moving.. I guess I'm right in between two cells so I just called them both the same. :roll: Maybe as I move around I'll be able pinpoint them better. Nice one.

Guest v0rtex

This is great. Very simple but fantastic idea. All it needs now is for the database to be populated, which I'll work on around Manchester over the next few weeks.

What would be awesome is a way to tie it in with moblog software, so posts could have location data attached. Needs some decent moblog software for Smartphone first though :?:

Guest galelev

is this still working?

the link doesn't..

I just saw it now, and would like to try it out.... :D

EDIT: I got it now ;)

Edited by galelev

Guest emonty
is this still working?

the link doesn't..

I just saw it now, and would  like to try it out.... :D

EDIT: I got it now ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i also got it, cool!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Geeklord

I got Celltrack Pre-Beta 6 (tweaked for the Voyager)

It was great... then after about 2 months, I took it off.

I don't know if it's just me, but I found little use for it after a while.

I mean sure, you can track where you've been, but don't you already know where you've been?

Other people can track where you've been, but do you really want that.

The CellID databases were too personalized. I went around and tried to beef up the data base, but what I've noticed was that you can name a certain corner after the street names (hollywood and vine) or a landmark in that corner (Bob's Pizza Place) or a personal referrence (home or work). All of those can be on the database yet all can only refer to one corner. I think the CellIDs should be more objective or generic.

The function where because of Celltrack, your phone will know where you are, hence will act accordingly. Like when you're at home, the phone forwards your calls to your landline. I found that this has "avoidable" cost implications-- you get charged for forwarded calls, right? and more so if it's a mobile to landline than just a mobile to mobile call.

It would be nice to have it spin off into a gps-related app.

don't get me wrong, I'm all for software development. I'm sorry if I'm too critical. I know it's just a beta, but it just looks like an app with a lot of potential. I hope you guys can push it to make it into something everybody should have.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andyservesbeer
As this app won't install unless your C500 is app unlocked, I suspect this is going to further highlight the problem that the Orange unlocking website no longer works, and if you email them as directed they don't seem to reply any more, presumably because of the number of emails they are now getting !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ysed the email service not 3 week since and it only took them about 3 hrs to send the app unlocking file to me .....

you have to reg your imei number

• 2 weeks later...
Guest usdiver

anyone know if this will work for me? I have an unlocked c500 (imei) and on o2. will this affect my gprs or settings for gprs? and do I need my phone app unlocked? thanks